• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody ever build these comic kits by Aurora ?

28 posts in this topic

Betcha that octopussy told the truth :devil:

Yes. That's a very professionally done model kit.

Back in '73 I drew out a instruction plan for a Iron Man

model kit, and sent it into Aurora. They sent me a letter

(which I still have) thanking me for the drawing, and

interest. I also bought a Batman model kit directly

from them; they paid for the shipping.

They were "THE" model company for all the Pop culture,

and Military airplanes.

It's interesting. I have no real interest in the current expansive world of superhero models and statues but I'd love to find and put together some of those Aurora kits from the 60s.

When I was a kid (circa 1965) I assembled Frankenstein's Monster, the Creature from the Black Lagoon, the Mummy and the Guillotine. All were Christmas gifts for my brother and myself.

Those monster kits were cool...mine were the glow in the dark versions, where I learned the hard way that if you painted 'em, they no longer glowed in the dark. I had the most trouble with the Hunchback. I also did Frankenstein, Wolfman, Mummy, and the Creature. I also wanted " Boothill Express", but could never find one. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a fiend of jesus) (thumbs u

It's interesting. I have no real interest in the current expansive world of superhero models and statues but I'd love to find and put together some of those Aurora kits from the 60s.

When I was a kid (circa 1965) I assembled Frankenstein's Monster, the Creature form the Black Lagoon, the Mummy and the Guillotine. All were Christmas gifts for my brother and myself.

I think I had all the monster ones too :) never saw the WW one though . . .

I built many many Aurora glowkits in the '70's: monsters, superheroes, & also Addar's Planet of the Apes kits, MPC's Pirates of the Caribbean, & lots of character or funny car kits. Charlie's Angels Van comes to mind as an example. Regular car kits were too boring. One day without warning my mom threw them all away.

When I was a kid (circa 1965) I assembled Frankenstein's Monster, the Creature form the Black Lagoon, the Mummy and the Guillotine. All were Christmas gifts for my brother and myself.

I think I had all the monster ones too :) never saw the WW one though . . .

Wonder Woman stayed on the shelf for the most part and her molds were never reproduced by Aurora. Like a 10 cent comic, it's hard to believe that a 98 cent kit could bring so much fun and happiness into our lives.

Very hard to find kit and, yes, very beautiful when built !

When I was a kid, I built all the Aurora Monster model kits. I had, Frankenstein's Monster, Dracula, Wolfman, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Mummy, Dr. Jekyll as Mr. Hyde, Phantom of the Opera, Creature from the Black Lagoon, King Kong and Godzilla. I carefully painted all of them and was very proud of the way they came out. They were displayed on two shelves in my room for many years, until I got older and I packed them away in a couple of cardboard boxes which were consigned to the garage. Many years passed, and one of my younger cousins asked my father if he had anything to give him for a church sale. My father gave him the boxes of Aurora Monster models. I always wondered what they were sold for and recall their memory fondly.

Sweet Wonder Woman built-up! (thumbs u :applause:

Aurora kits were my first "hobby", even while just reading comics. Bought a different one each week, slowly building a "display" for pleasure and pride. :cloud9:

I've sold a lot of Aurora stuff too in years past, including a sealed Wonder Woman. Here are some random pics of fun Aurora stuff...

The eBay pics for the WW kit...

02_WWauroraKIT.jpg

A modern Captain America I smashed into an Aurora-style Superman...

SMkitcustom.jpg

Top of a closet...

AuroraModels.jpg

A close-up of a favorite...

Phantom1.jpg

Didn't survive moving day :( ...

AuroraKits2.jpg

Sweet Wonder Woman built-up! (thumbs u :applause:

Aurora kits were my first "hobby", even while just reading comics. Bought a different one each week, slowly building a "display" for pleasure and pride. :cloud9:

I've sold a lot of Aurora stuff too in years past, including a sealed Wonder Woman. Here are some random pics of fun Aurora stuff...

The eBay pics for the WW kit...

02_WWauroraKIT.jpg

A modern Captain America I smashed into an Aurora-style Superman...

SMkitcustom.jpg

Top of a closet...

AuroraModels.jpg

A close-up of a favorite...

Phantom1.jpg

Didn't survive moving day :( ...

AuroraKits2.jpg

Too cool !!

Can't believe that WW still has the shrink wrap intact !!!