• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Things That [!@#%^&^] Me Off Thread

256 posts in this topic

The Things That [!@#%^&^] Me Off:

People in the WC that steal hard earned stars for no good reason... makepoint.gif

Oh man....are you beggin' like the rest? tongue.gif

People in the WC that steal hard earned stars for no good reason... makepoint.gif

Not beggin'...it just really [!@#%^&^] me off... sumo.gif

Not beggin'...it just really pissed me off... sumo.gif

Tell me about it.

Don't worry...your display will garner the usual pity rates. Later! tongue.gif

Tell me about it.

Geez...I thought we were being civil up there... foreheadslap.gif

Tell me about it.

Geez...I thought we were being civil up there... foreheadslap.gif

I HATE THE WATER COOLER!!!

893frustrated.gif

comicmankev provided a link (among others) at the very beginning of this thread to cgc*comics auction list.

i know many of you board oldtimers are so familiar with this but as a newbie i want to share with some of the others that have popped up on this thread.

you have got to check out the auction that's entitled Sub-Mariner #25 GEM MINT HIGH GRADE UNRESTORED, only to open the auction and see the POS described as "issue #25 in Fn 6.0 condition" - it isn't even that good!!!

OR, Tomb Of Dracula #70 NM/MT 9.8, only to find this explanation inside, "what keeps this from being a 9.8 is a small crease.......if not for that it would be a 9.8 or better........

now those are almost too funny to {!@#%^&*} Me Off........... grin.gif

Tell me about it.

The only reason I still have 3 has to be because of Crisis. Otherwise, I'd be toast. I don't exactly have popular opinions up there.

Personally, I hate the name-calling and the labeling. Drives me nuts.

As for comics, I hate NPBs. If you don't want the darn thing DON'T BID!!!!

Otherwise, I haven't got a lot that's getting me angry right now. I'm a happy gal! cloud9.gif

-- Joanna

The first edition Grading Guide or the second? If it's the second, I would certainly know him personally.

Arnold

It's gotta be the first edition...

The second edition acknowledges that CGC exists, right?

I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the claim that CGC books don't sell

well in his area, since he's the only dealer... and he doesn't have any.

-Overgraders that missed the CGC boat selling off their "NM Gems"

-Sellers that reply with a thumbnail sized scan, when you request a scan. 893frustrated.gif

-CGC taking away the use of grades and information on the label (date stamps, writing, etc)

-Scammers in any shape or form.

-Shipping Profiteers

-People that back out of deals for stupid reasons! 893naughty-thumb.gif

-People who ship CGC books covered with a napkin hoping that it will arrive safely.

-UPS!

-The registry and grading turnaround times being a century long.

-No Bronzebruce13 or bugaboo

-Chuck Rozanski and the dweebs from Mile High

-Stickwizard

The only reason I still have 3 has to be because of Crisis. Otherwise, I'd be toast. I don't exactly have popular opinions up there.

-- Joanna

I can't believe ANY of you care about the stars!!! You're kidding, right? Take all my stars, I don't care... as long as I can still post, the stars mean absolutely nothing to me. My opinion of other posters and their posts is in no way based on # of stars. Hell, I don't even know (or care) how many stars I have from one moment to the next. The only reason I can imagine for caring one hoot about how many stars ya got is because board newbies might equate them with seniority, or worldliness, or some such thing. But even in that sense, do you really care what board newbies think? Come on, folks, get real! Let's start a campaign to get rid of our stars... we'll do like the Sneeches on the other beaches who had no stars on thars, and make like NO stars is the going trend... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

-- Joanna

I can't believe ANY of you care about the stars!!! You're kidding, right? Take all my stars, I don't care... as long as I can still post, the stars mean absolutely nothing to me. My opinion of other posters and their posts is in no way based on # of stars. Hell, I don't even know (or care) how many stars I have from one moment to the next. The only reason I can imagine for caring one hoot about how many stars ya got is because board newbies might equate them with seniority, or worldliness, or some such thing. But even in that sense, do you really care what board newbies think? Come on, folks, get real! Let's start a campaign to get rid of our stars... we'll do like the Sneeches on the other beaches who had no stars on thars, and make like NO stars is the going trend... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't think it's the stars exactly...

It's the thought that someone hates you so much that they create 5 shill accounts just to make you lose a star.

It's disturbing to think you share a message board (or a world for that matter) with such small minded people.

I know this thread is about done, but I always hate impossibly high reserves on items I actually want. Many's the time that the auction ends, the reserve is not met, and I email the seller in question only to find out he really does want a stupendously silly price for it.

Curse the sellers who don't want to sell the book, but just want to show it off. Repeatedly. Neatstuffcollectibles, take a bow.

And curse the seller Phisbone, now Naru'd. This guy, the archetypal okay seller turned bad, was the first ebayer to rip me off - the items were never sent, and then he terminated his emails and ebay dismissed him. No chance of contacting him. Wherever you are, mate, I hope it catches up with you.

Glad I got that off my chest.

You guys in the U.S who whine about shipping costs all day. Try buying from out of the country for a couple of weeks, and see how you like it.

People who refuse to ship outside of the U.S under any circumstances, regardless of the fact that I'm willing to pay the necessary shipping, have a confirmed Paypal business account, and will incur full customs charges.

Internet tough guys who take out their agressions online, because they don't have the stones to confront people in real life.

The water cooler, and every bitter, overweight, under-sexed, neo-nazi up there.

HULK 181, HULK 181, HULK 181.

Over-priced, over-graded raw books from supposed "professionals".

THE FACT THAT I'M AT 2 STARS BECAUSE THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT SEEM TO SPEND THEIR DAY TRYING TO KNOCK OTHER PEOPLE'S RATINGS DOWN. YOU FRIGGIN' LOSERS!

You guys in the U.S who whine about shipping costs all day. Try buying from out of the country for a couple of weeks, and see how you like it.

People who refuse to ship outside of the U.S under any circumstances, regardless of the fact that I'm willing to pay the necessary shipping.

You tell it like it is for us overseas cap thumbsup2.gif.

I can't believe ANY of you care about the stars!!!

Actually, it was more a comment on the haters in the WC than about stars. The stars are just a silly thing to talk about every once in awhile. They mean more to some than others, but I'd guess that most people here don't care.

-- Joanna

I can't believe ANY of you care about the stars!!!

Actually, it was more a comment on the haters in the WC than about stars. The stars are just a silly thing to talk about every once in awhile. They mean more to some than others, but I'd guess that most people here don't care.

-- Joanna

I think I have held my two stars since my second day here. acclaim.gif

I AM THE KING OF TWO-STARSTONIA. BOW BEFORE ME, KNAVES!