• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When life gives you lemons...

95 posts in this topic

The one and only time my Pembroke Welsh Corgi ever tasted freedom, my sister and her friends canvased the entire neighborhood going from door to door. My Corgi ended up on the doorstep of an elderly woman who lived alone and who brought her inside for some water. She was recovered within three hours of her "escape".

Be aggressive and go knock on those doors and post pictures. Everywhere.

Awwww....my dogs are my heart and my soul. They have been my one and only avatar on any message board. Not a day goes by that I don't think about them if I'm not at home. I lost Penny (the black & white) once 7 years ago for about 6 hours. Worst 6 hours of my life in a long time.

My heart goes out to you....I hope she makes her way home.

:(

Keep checking the local animal shelter and also call local vets, sometimes the strays end up there. When you get the little one back have the vet implant an electronic id tag so even without a collar if the pet makes it to a shelter or vet they have your info to call you

Good luck getting the poochie back. It is so adorable kids and ladies would be tempted to take it home and feed it and stuff. Keep checking shelters and rescue places..I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I know whenever my kitty cat escapes the house I look ridiculous running around the neighborhood calling "Scrrrroooooggge, Scrooge, Scrooge kitty Scroogie!" while walking around shaking a food box. If that doesn't work I then start flipping the pop top on a food can the plink plink sound means "special treat" and usually does the trick.

If your dog has a special toy a squeaker toy can sometimes tempt them back home. Good luck!!

Dice,

Any news about Ellie yet? :wishluck:

Just found this thread.

Was busy yesterday following the Nik auctions while online here.

Hope the doggy is/was found! :wishluck:

The dog was found by using www.lostmydoggie.com

They call any number of neighbors from a radius of your house to tell them your dog is missing.

We opted for 750 phones. We had her back within 30 minutes of the calls going out.

If you EVER lose a pet, USE THIS SERVICE! (thumbs u

Long story short, some 17 year old kid and his girlfriend had her. They picked her up across the street. They were in the car behind the truck that the neighbor saw slam on his brakes to keep from hitting her. I have a feeling the neighbor saw them take her. He said he didn't run out to get her or say anything because he doesn't like dogs.

He'd better hope I never witness someone vandalizing his house and I don't call the cops because I don't like his house. I could probably actually witness violent crime against him and I'm not going to see anything.

I just want to grab that guy by the sack and squeeze until his beans pop out of his mouth. I really wish bad things to happen to him. I'm bitter as hell about this.

In the end, lostmydoggie.com and the almighty dollar got my dog back. If there had not been a reward, the sleezeballs that had her were going to keep her. They decided to bring her back when the calls went out because they were afraid one of their neighbors would turn her in and they'd be out the dog AND the money.

Such a wonderful world we live in. People would kill their mother for a dollar.

For now...I'll take my lemonade. :applause:

:applause:

My wife's little doxie took off one afternoon on a little adventure. He showed up five hours later and walked up to the gate. You have a big time panic attack when your little dogs go missing. Happy to hear your dog has been found!!