• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2010

425 posts in this topic

Was Milo Manara a no-show?

I was walking around in circles in Artist Alley & fantasy art illustrators sections but did not see Manara. Perhaps he was at a (Marvel) publisher booth only? I know Dark Horse had quite a lot of signings at their corporate booth.

Lots of unconfirmed guests showed up at SDCC:

Arnold Schwartzeneger on Expendables panel, Robert Downey Jr and Scarlet Johannsen for Avengers movie, rumors of Brad Pitt walking around but I did not see him. Comedian Will Ferrel was a funny panel hi-light for his voice over work on a cartoon with Tina Fey, Brad Pitt.

Seems like at least 40% of the attendees are female enjoying anime, plush figures, comic book movie and cartoon dvd projects (Scott Pilgrim, Batman: Red Hood debuts), cosplay, and lining up for up to 8 hours plugging up the halls to see the hunky cast of True Blood tv vampire series. :P

Hi-light for me was hearing Ray Bradbury's motivational speech and 700 fans singing happy birthday to him at the end of his 1 hr seminar. Bradbury is turning 90 in 2 months but his memory is still sharp and he is still writing poetry and screenplays. (worship)