• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2010

425 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how the parking permits are going to work? I am assuming that if you buy a permit it guarantees that you will have a space upon arrival?

Does anyone know how the parking permits are going to work? I am assuming that if you buy a permit it guarantees that you will have a space upon arrival?
The SD website says that it guarantees you a spot but not a specific space.

For those of you that booked the 4 day SDCC/hotel circle combo package last month, each admission badge includes Wed. Preview Night ;) and shuttle access.

Wow. That is one heck of a bonus. I wonder how many booked Thursday-Sunday not knowing they were getting the sold out preview passes.

This late release of tickets in various ways is an interesting strategy to go up against scalpers. I haven't paid much attention to see how well it is working.

For those of you that booked the 4 day SDCC/hotel circle combo package last month, each admission badge includes Wed. Preview Night ;) and shuttle access.

Wow. That is one heck of a bonus. I wonder how many booked Thursday-Sunday not knowing they were getting the sold out preview passes.

This late release of tickets in various ways is an interesting strategy to go up against scalpers. I haven't paid much attention to see how well it is working.

I don't think it's a late release. I think they're selling passes that were refunded.

The SD website says that it guarantees you a spot but not a specific space.

That's correct. I emailed Comic-Con about this, and that's how they responded.

Thanks for the responses! Even though prices are insane it's worth it - last year I had to walk a long long long way so I'm glad they're giving people the option of buying in advance.

Public Transportation is your friend.....

When I went in 2006, we caught the trolley on the outskirts and were dropped off across the street. Not quite as short of a walk as the parking garage, but darned close and there's no traffic hassles.

The annual Big-5 war comics banquet will be on Thursday, July 22 at 7:45. We're holding it at Filippi's in Little Italy on India Street (as is the custom).

PM me if you can make it and I'll adjust the reservation head-count accordingly. Last couple years, Russ Heath has shown up and dropped a bunch of Heath-esque one-liners. Hopefully, we'll get him out again.

This will be our 15th annal War Comics Summit! Great food. Super cheap. Fun time for all.

I will be with you all. (thumbs u

...in spirit. :shy:

I took the cab the whole time I was there last year. Most stuff is within walking distance of the convention center and the cabs were very affordable. I spent about fifteen-dollars or so on cabs each day - beat the hell out of renting a car and the cabs were very reliable.

Would anyone happen to have an exhibitor badge that I could use for a few hours Wednesday afternoon? Mine fell through. I have a regular badge, but would really like to get into the hall before the doors open at 6pm for preview night. The big purchases I made last year occurred before 6pm, and I doubt the books would have still been there if I hadn't got in early.

Maybe someone has a helper that won't be there in the afternoon? If anyone has any ideas, please PM me. :foryou:

UPDATE: Never mind. I'm covered! :banana:

Nope...I have my sweet copy to get signed as well as my two #1s, 2 and 3 HC.

Now...go off and get your own lame guide.

I'm cutting you as a lackey. :sumo: Someone else has kindly chosen to do my bidding.

I'm cutting you as a lackey. :sumo: Someone else has kindly chosen to do my bidding.

Fool

Fool

Does this mean you can do my bidding now? :devil:

Fool

Does this mean you can do my bidding now? :devil:

Take my word for it, you'd be better off finding a third-rate lackey to do your bidding. greggy, I'm just disappointed. :sorry:

The Five: Hottest Events at San Diego Comic-Con 2010

By: Erik Davis on July 15, 2010 at 2:15PM

Comic-Con 2010. Yup, it's just about that time again. Time for the geeks of the world to invade downtown San Diego for what is perhaps the biggest convention of them all: Comic-Con. If you're a geek, a fanboy, a fangirl, or something in between, surely you will find something at Comic-Con to obsess over – whether it be a video game, a comic book, a limited edition action figure, a television show or a movie. Since we're all about movies here at Fandango, we'll be focusing on that section of Comic Con – doling out the five hottest film-related events so that even if you can't join us in San Diego next week, you'll at least be on top of what's about to go down.

1. The Big, Epic Marvel Panel – Not only is Marvel bringing some tasty treats from Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger, but rumor has it they'll also be unveiling the entire cast for The Avengers on stage at the same time. Look for Joss Whedon to be officially announced as director, and for all those Avengers casting rumors (Nathan Fillion as Ant-man? Eva Longoria as Wasp? Mark Ruffalo as Hulk?) to finally be confirmed.

2. Tron: Legacy vs. Scott Pligrim vs. the World – The two films battling it out for the one with the most presence at Comic Con this year will be Tron: Legacy (due out this December) and Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (due out in August). While Tron is hosting a panel and setting up an off-site arcade to host parties at, Scott Pilgrim is plastering the entire side of a hotel with its poster, along with hosting a panel and one or two super secret events.

3. Guillermo del Toro's Next Film – He'll be there supporting the horror flick Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (which he's producing), but we know that del Toro will also use this opportunity to announce the film he'll take on next after stepping down from The Hobbit. Will it be one of the ones he's been talking about (like Frankenstein) or will it be something completely new? Guess we'll see …

4. J.J. Abrams and Joss Whedon…on the Same Panel! – Yes, in case the convention floor isn't geeky enough for you, then how about a panel that combines two of the biggest cult heroes of our generation: Joss Whedon (Buffy, Firefly, Serenity) and J.J. Abrams (Lost, Star Trek). Entertainment Weekly is hosting the panel, and with each of these guys working on really big upcoming projects (The Avengers, Super 8, Star Trek 2), we're bound to find out some really cool information.

'Cowboys & Aliens'5. Cowboys & Aliens – Jon Favreau will be making another appearance at Comic-Con, but this time he won't be there with an Iron Man film. Ditching the Marvel universe for the first time in a few years, Favreau is currently working on the big-screen adaptation of the comic Cowboys & Aliens, which sounds so appealing (how can you not want to watch Cowboys fight Aliens?), but it could also go in an entirely different (read: bad) direction. Will be curious to see if he has any footage to show from this one.

6. BONUS: Masters of the Web panel – Yes, here's where I get to throw in a little extra self-promotion. I will be representing Fandango on the Masters of the Web panel next Thursday alongside some of the web's most prolific movie bloggers and journalists. Moderating the panel is Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World) and Roberto Orci (writer of Transformers, Star Trek), and so with those guys at the helm it should be a blast.

What are you looking forward to most from this year's Comic-Con? Fandango will be on the scene the entire time, so let us know what you'd like to see/read/hear and we'll do our best to bring it to you.