• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
58 58

15,932 posts in this topic

On 9/22/2021 at 4:06 PM, Dr. Dank said:

This clone wars game is really fun. Much better than the first xmen

I had NES 

The only x-men game I had, my friend also had it on Sega. I could be wrong but I vaguely remember getting further on Sega. This may be way out of left field, cause I cant believe for sure, but I got to a point on Sega that to continue I was supposed to turn it off and back on lol

I was 10 so memory might be playing games as well :download:

Edit but I never got far on NES  to know for sure if you had to restart the game...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/22/2021 at 5:04 PM, Dr. Dank said:

My Xmen game is in the sonic case, I don't know where my sonic game is lol

I've lost so much stuff over the years....

I don't have it!(I did listen to Cause of Death today 💙)!

Sonic is I guess easier to replace?I jad a bog ocd manic and tore stuff up.I DO have an X-Men double,but I guess what I was thinking of was Spider-Man/X-Men vs Arcade.No box for that  :( .I did find a cool plug in mini Genesis-a controller attached to a small box that plugs in the audio visual and has eight(? I think eight lol ) loaded on it-with Golden Axe! :luhv: Then I got into the nes and snes zone augh!Do we have a retro video game thread?Adamantium,you would know?

On 9/22/2021 at 5:08 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I had NES 

The only x-men game I had, my friend also had it on Sega. I could be wrong but I vaguely remember getting further on Sega. This may be way out of left field, cause I cant believe for sure, but I got to a point on Sega that to continue I was supposed to turn it off and back on lol

I was 10 so memory might be playing games as well :download:

Edit but I never got far on NES  to know for sure if you had to restart the game...

TMNT was tough on nes!That's the one where it's a side scroller when you're underground and were a lil green circle from birds eye view that got splatted by trucks up top lol ? The toughest game for me was Friday the 13th.Never met anyone that finished it.

On 9/22/2021 at 5:06 PM, Dr. Dank said:

This clone wars game is really fun. Much better than the first xmen

I'm gonna hunt it down,well try to locally,in the wild.Did you ever play the Tick on sega? I found that diggin' today too.I might scram for a while to game!I found Faxanadu with the booklet today too,fond memories of that

Not bomics,but a sweet score at the free book library box today.Flowers is a seventh print but I believe the other two are second editions.

242489268_565214774903853_59134343426398

Edited by porcupine48
BOMICS

On 9/22/2021 at 5:51 PM, porcupine48 said:

TMNT was tough on nes!That's the one where it's a side scroller when you're underground and were a lil green circle from birds eye view that got splatted by trucks up top lol ? The toughest game for me was Friday the 13th.Never met anyone that finished it.

I'm gonna hunt it down,well try to locally,in the wild.Did you ever play the Tick on sega? I found that diggin' today too.I might scram for a while to game!I found Faxanadu with the booklet today too,fond memories of that

I think I may have played the Tick. The engine was similar in style to Earthworm Jim

On 9/22/2021 at 8:18 PM, Dr. Dank said:

I think I may have played the Tick. The engine was similar in style to Earthworm Jim

Such a fun game! Of course I got called Earthworm Jimmers sigh.

For some reason I don't know the comics go for SILLY (to me) prices.Any idea?

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_nkw=earthworm+jim+comic

On 9/22/2021 at 7:21 PM, porcupine48 said:
On 9/22/2021 at 7:18 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Oddly enough 

The Nintendo power issue I own doesn't sell for that much lol

Screenshot_20210922-192701_eBay.jpg

On 9/22/2021 at 5:51 PM, porcupine48 said:

Think there were 4 TMNT games on the NES.

The side scroller was the 1st one in 1989.  It was tough.  I couldn't defeat the Technodrome. 

I thought the OP was referring to the 1990 Arcade version. 

Patrick

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NA/AU)
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles (EU)
Konami Ultra Games Palcom Software June 1989 August 17, 1990
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (NA/AU)
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles II: The Arcade Game (EU)
Konami Ultra Games Konami December 1990 November 14, 1991
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project Konami Konami Unreleased February 1, 1992 Unreleased
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (NA)
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles: Tournament Fighters (EU)
Konami Konami Konami February 1994 1994

On 9/22/2021 at 6:21 PM, porcupine48 said:

The comics have been pricey for some time. 

Even longer than the Pandemic craze. 

Pretty strong fanbase of the character (me included). 

Only 3 issues, not in abundant supply, and can be tougher in high grade.  I'm sure @fastballspecial can agree. 

Patrick

On 9/22/2021 at 9:28 PM, followtheleader said:

The side scroller was the 1st one in 1989.  It was tough.  I couldn't defeat the Technodrome. 

Patrick

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NA/AU)
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles (EU)
Konami Ultra Games Palcom Software June 1989 August 17, 1990
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (NA/AU)
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles II: The Arcade Game (EU)
Konami Ultra Games Konami December 1990 November 14, 1991
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project Konami Konami Unreleased February 1, 1992 Unreleased
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (NA)
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles: Tournament Fighters (EU)
Konami Konami Konami February 1994 1994

I did beat TMNT 1 as well, but it was only one player I though, if it was two player they couldn't play at the same time maybe. 

On 9/22/2021 at 10:28 PM, followtheleader said:

Patrick

Thanks.I only knew about the one,I guess the first one lol Most of my gaming know came from what was in the Consumers Distributing catalogue or what Zellers(like Canadian Target/Kmart?) had.Sometimes a kid in class would have an American or another country cousin and we'd see or hear odder stuff,like Nightmare on Elm,nes wise.

Oh,I knew for sure there must be a following with those prices.Like Madball comics,on the toys-I have a few from childhood and looked into getting the run and was smdh! I love hearing about,seeing new niche collector areas.I've started picking up just about anything cheap from the 80's and 90's that has a pop culture connection.Makes me nostalgic and before long I wont be able to find it cheap/free.(it's not speculation,as I'm a black hole,it's more of a 'that's 25-35 years old now?wow,I'm old.Better grab it before it,they're just not around anymore).

I find stuff from the eighties and nineties to actually be a little uncommon sometimes as no one kept the 'junque' and so much just got trashed.Old metal magazines like Rip or Metal Edge for example! Maybe the new baseball cards.Instead of 'I had all those,pinned em to my bike spokes' it could be'I collected all those metall or grunge magazines,we all used to cut em up and put the pictures on our walls,lockers hm

Okay,someone's  feeling gabby..

On 9/22/2021 at 9:30 PM, followtheleader said:

Only 3 issues, not in abundant supply, and can be tougher in high grade.  I'm sure @fastballspecial can agree. 

Patrick

Several things keep the price of Earthworm Jim high. The good ones:

• Memorable character with a fan base that fondly remembers the games (which means crossover collectible appeal).
  • Unique and frankly pretty fantastic art style to the books.
  • Available supply seems low (I don't think the Marvel Absurd books had huge print runs).
  • Shockingly elusive in high grade.

The bad thing:

• Earthworm Jim creator Doug TenNapel is, along with Cyberfrog's Ethan van Sciver, one of the main voices of the anti-diversity "Comicsgate" movement. This has earned him a... certain following, along with renewed interest in his books (and van Sciver's). 

On 9/22/2021 at 2:49 PM, mustang33guy said:

Alright, I just want to say one thing and that’s it.

I understand that this whole situation has caused quite a stir among some individuals on here and for that I am sorry.

First, I have heard all the opinions and understand that the main thing I did wrong was take a potential business deal away from the shop. I will 100% chalk up to that, I wasn’t thinking in the moment and the responsibility is on me to do better next time. How can anyone learn from a mistake if they aren’t made in the first place? I can tell you I will take it as a learning experience and be sure to consider the external factors from now on.

Second, the thing that bothers me the most about the judgement of this whole ordeal is that the people crying foul think I am in this for the money. That I am going to turn around and cash in while the chips are hot. Never once was there a hint of consideration that I would be potentially be keeping these books for my personal collection. To answer that question, yes I do intend to keep both of the books for my own use. I have always been a huge Spider-Man fan and it has been very difficult to get a lot of books I used to have a few years ago. I have always been a collector first and seller second. And in reality I only sell my books to afford new ones. I know a lot of people here seem to be oozing money at the seams, but others don’t have the funds to keep up with this ever changing market. With a baby on the way due in January I know that it’s only a matter of time before I take a hiatus from this hobby for financial reasons.

Third, I know a lot of jokes were made about the denomination that I chose to offer based on the range the gentleman was looking for. I get it, silly to hold onto 3 dollars. Why not just offer him the $78.00 I had in my pocket? I honestly have no idea, maybe I have some OCD tendencies for things to be in multiples of 5, either way it’s the number that I chose.

Lastly, I have been a member on these boards for about 5-6 years. In that time I have learned a tremendous amount, made some great boardie friends/connections and been able to sell many books to happy customers. And I would like to continue that relationship moving forward as I believe that up until now I have always had a good standing with you (My Kudos Thread should prove that)

But honestly if this is how a topic like this is handled, with ridicule and disdain, then I’ll definitely have to rethink posting in the future. I hope that isn’t the case.

I do appreciate being showed one of my errors in judgement, will learn from it and hope to move on from this.

Thanks,

Adam

I wasn't going to weigh in but I've made a lot of purchases at flea markets, comic shows, etc. that I've posted on these boards, where I paid far less than FMV for a book. In fact, that's a large part of the "thrill of the hunt." I went to a flea market a few months ago where I paid $65 for 16 books that were probably worth more than $65. Here's the link:

At the flea market, the guy had nothing priced, so I did my pulls and I took my stack to him, and he gave me a price. When he said $65, I felt that my obligation at that moment was to dig out my wallet and pay the man. I've been to plenty of places where they had nothing marked and I made a pull stack and they asked for ridiculous prices too. Had I not done my research, maybe I'd have bought them. Had I paid inflated prices to a dealer, is that my fault for not knowing the value of my purchases, or theirs for trying to get top dollar? It's subjective.

I think that you were in the same boat when the guy told you what he wanted. Maybe your "sin" was scalping from the LCS, but who knows what they would have offered in the same situation? I wouldn't lose sleep if I were you. Maybe in the future you can pick and choose your timing, but aside from that, congrats on the books.

On 9/22/2021 at 9:30 PM, followtheleader said:

Patrick

Book is a ghost any issue. 

I did pick up a VG copy of sly cooper 2 other day just as tough.

On 9/24/2021 at 1:50 PM, Wolverinex said:

ABAB up down AB select start 

What they don't tell you?

Is to start putting the code in while your on player 2 selection, other wise you'll pick 2 players when you hit select and it'll be hard to keep going lol 

Contraj_title-1.gif If I recall correctly :) oh and @Wolverinex It's ABAB up down SELECT AB start :foryou: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/24/2021 at 3:01 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

What they don't tell you?

Is to start putting the code in while your on player 2 selection, other wise you'll pick 2 players when you hit select and it'll be hard to keep going lol 

Contraj_title-1.gif If I recall correctly :) oh and @Wolverinex It's ABAB up down SELECT AB start :foryou: 

haha, I don't remember anymore