• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
58 58

15,919 posts in this topic

On 9/20/2021 at 4:46 PM, Dr. Love said:

Well Bob everyone knows the torches dont necessarily come out for Just Two Guys Talking and Free Country type of stuff.

But when it veers into Poaching and Taking Food Out Of My Childrens Mouths territory, then things do get toasty!

Have you been drinking today Andy?

On 9/20/2021 at 3:25 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Those Joe books! ^^

I had that set in my pile then put it back but based on how htf they are decided to eventually buy the 135-155 run for $150... there was some other stuff there I should have bought but it's not easy when there's the pressure of like 20 guys breathing down my neck

Edited by littledoom

On 9/20/2021 at 10:31 PM, littledoom said:

wasn't it close by like 15mins away? ... I would have def offered way more and even gone w the higher end of the asking.. but life's messy and there's no perfect..

I think many would but some wouldn't.  Anyway,  mustang knows where the old dude lives,  he could always drop some extra money if he really feels bad... i bet 3 dollars he doesn't.  :insane:

On 9/20/2021 at 7:23 PM, Robot Man said:

Howdy Jimmers. It's a big fat sucka. Other than that, I'd better keep my mouth shut so the torches don't come for me...

Two questions.

1) Did you buy those Amazing Stories pulps from someone in another person's store?
2) Did you offer a price to the guy before he told you what he wanted?

If the answer to those questions is NO then there will be no torches.

On 9/21/2021 at 7:50 AM, FlyingDonut said:

Two questions.

1) Did you buy those Amazing Stories pulps from someone in another person's store?
2) Did you offer a price to the guy before he told you what he wanted?

If the answer to those questions is NO then there will be no torches.

If you happened to read my post it will answer both your questions. Not that I care what you think about how I do my business. Let’s just say, I never make offers. And if the deal is attractive to me, I have no problem paying the seller’s full asking price. I have no problem with it if the seller is to lazy to do their homework. If they are happy and I am happy, it’s a win win. 

I will agree that the buyer was way out of line hooking up a deal inside a store. The store owner pays the rent and deserves the first right of refusal. As far as what he paid, no problem at all. He paid the guy what he was asking. The seller blew it. 

I find it interesting that other posters in this thread post similar posts with prices paid and nobody jumps them. (shrug)

So bring on the torches, just stay off my lawn...

On 9/20/2021 at 11:35 AM, mustang33guy said:

I see both sides of it and in the interest of humility I guess my initial post lacked it. I was just very excited to score something in a situation that quite frankly never happens to me. In no way was I trying to brag or show off. Again apologies if anyone thought I was here to do that.

Congrats on the deal, you have no reason to apologize at all, let alone explain yourself. 

I have to say wow. Looking through these threads, at what people find. I've wasted years and gas, finding next to nothing in craigslist and swap meets. The one find I did hit, I made a deal and right before I left to pick them up, the guy called and left a message, "oh someone offered more, so I sold it to them, bye." I saw those comics a week later in an LCS.:pullhair:

Best deals I've found were through dealers that I gave business often.

Edited by bronze_rules

yah not that anyone should care about my opinion, but I'm a big fan of "don't lie", and the rest is fine (also don't bully).  I'm not trying to ask a guy 20 questions and get his life story before I decide HOW MUCH PROFIT MARGIN IS APPROPRIATE FOR THIS STRANGER TO MAKE ON ME.  He's not paying me to be his accountant or his mom or his conservator.

On 9/21/2021 at 7:12 PM, revat said:

yah not that anyone should care about my opinion, but I'm a big fan of "don't lie", and the rest is fine (also don't bully).  I'm not trying to ask a guy 20 questions and get his life story before I decide HOW MUCH PROFIT MARGIN IS APPROPRIATE FOR THIS STRANGER TO MAKE ON ME.  He's not paying me to be his accountant or his mom or his conservator.

you have to pay your mom?