• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,895 posts in this topic

I was in Southern California a couple weeks ago and found a couple cheap items at a small antique store. The got in some props they bought at auction.

First was this space ship. Its kind of rough but still lights up and is attach to an armature for filming. It may be a mock up or something. Can any one Identify were it is from. Part of the front canopy is missing and the tail fin is missing. Paid $3.00 for it.

th_props005.jpg

th_props006.jpg

th_props007.jpg

th_props008.jpg

th_props009.jpg

Not sure where this is from, but it does look vaguely like something from the original Battlestar Galactica series. It's definitely in that style.

I don't think it would be much more than a 2.0, it was cheap and is sort of a "just to have book". Plus I got to read it.

Yea that's a great book too. I loved how they made GG involved in organized crime early on. It was why the Hobgoblin worked so well later.

I have an awful copy of that book I bought a few years ago. At the time it was my earliest copy of ASM.

It was mine too, but then I lost my mind and bought an ASM #1 from a boardie.

Lastly I picked up this photo of a p-22 flight crew for $1.00 from the same store.

They had stuff from various shows like home improvement, and Walt Disney Studios set pieces.

Not Sure if the photo was used in a movie or not.

props010.jpg

Cool photo. That's a B-17G behind the crew.

Also picked up a lot of PS1 games, which included a sealed Final Fantasy VII. Any good way to determine if the seal is original or a repackage? My guess would be the latter. Edit -- On a second viewing I simply can't imagine this is anything but a repackage.

Edited by yecul

Lastly I picked up this photo of a p-22 flight crew for $1.00 from the same store.

They had stuff from various shows like home improvement, and Walt Disney Studios set pieces.

Not Sure if the photo was used in a movie or not.

props010.jpg

Cool photo. That's a B-17G behind the crew.

If you think its a prop - would it be the pic in the last shot as the 'real crew' of the Memphis belle?

I haven't seen that movie in a while. So I am not sure where it is from it was in a stack of paper movie props along with the comic. The photo itself has an old feel to it seems authentic to the period.

So these are some of my notable pick ups from the last week:

Haul.jpg

The N64 games came from a player/collector who needed some cash to pay his rent, so I made him a fair offer for both of us. The lot included a few more boxed games not pictured which I will post another time. The other stuff came from a local flea market from two different video game vendors. The first vendor had Zelda for NES and Knuckles 32x, but if I had more money on me, I would have bought a number of other things from him. I'm still kicking myself for passing on his copy of Contra Force.

-Chris

Went to a local yard sale this morning that had advertised on Craigslist. They didn't advertise comics or anything like that but I took a chance and went there anyway. Soon as I got there I asked if they had any comics, magazines or video games. A teen-age kid goes inside and brings out a stack of comics. I bought 7 of them (70's Marvel and DC stuff) for $7.00 but the best was yet to come.

One of the moms and one kid goes inside the house and brings out ALL of these game systems:

1) Atari CX-2600A Video Computer System

2) Nintendo NES Game System

3) Super Nintendo Game System

4) Sega Genesis Game System

They set them on a table and it appears that most everything is there (no controllers with the NES and the Super Nintendo and Atari both need AC adapters). I'm also assured that everything was in good working order. At first I'm thinking I only want the 2 Nintendo systems. So I ask her what she wants for those. She says "Give me $20.00 and you can have all 4 systems". :o

I couldn't pass that up of course and now have all of the systems and components cleaned up. Here's pics of everything:

AtariCX-2600AGameSystem.jpg

NintendoGameSystem.jpg

SuperNintendoGameSystem.jpg

SegaGenesisGameSystem.jpg

And yes, we need to have our carpets cleaned. :D

I've now confirmed that the Atari 2600 is in good working order. Bought a Pac-Man game locally, hooked it up and all works fine. Only 1 of the 5 regular controllers is a little balky. :)

I also confirmed that the Nintendo NES works well. Bought 2 controllers from a local Vintage Stock store and found I already had the AV cables that plug in the side. I've played both the Super Mario Bros. and the Duck Hunt games on one of my older TVs. (thumbs u

I'm waiting on a power cord for the Super Nintendo and an AV cable for the Sega Genesis (both from eBay) before I can test those out. Hopefully, they work as well as the other 2 systems did. :wishluck:

More toys.

Like most kids in the early 90s, I was a massive fan of Power Rangers. I picked up this great lot for $100 from CLs. I initially bought the lot to flip, but it brings back alot of memories, so I'm keeping a chunk of the stuff. It's still tempting to sell alot of them, since alot of them fetch $100-200 a piece.

photo42.jpg

photo43.jpg

Been doing pretty good at yard sales this year. Somethings that I did not take pictures of are:

1 gallon bag of Fisher Price people and furniture

Small collection of Strawberry Short Cakes

Complete set of 1983 Topps football for $2.00

Here are some other goodies -

100_0889.jpg

100_0892.jpg

100_0893.jpg

100_0894.jpg

100_0895.jpg

100_0898.jpg

100_0900.jpg

100_0901.jpg

Great finds.

Let me ask you a question, since I am a total ignorant about the video games market. How much does it worth a Nintengo NES Game System with 2 controllers and no box? The console hitself is in nice condition and working.

I just sold my complete NES system on eBay this morning and only got $35.00 for it.

:sorry: but thanks

I sell them for $29.95 all day long. They are really not worth much.

By the way, if you get the wrong buyer who does not know how to clean the system and games; expect returns. I tend to avoid NES systems altogether and just focus on the games. I part out the systems to other dealers and still make the same amount of money usually.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

PS: I am a video game dealer on eBay and beyond!

By the way, if you get the wrong buyer who does not know how to clean the system and games; expect returns. I tend to avoid NES systems altogether and just focus on the games. I part out the systems to other dealers and still make the same amount of money usually.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

I actually learned a little trick just a couple of weeks ago. If you pop a game in and get the infamous blue screen, wiggle the game towards you so that the top of the cartridge is butted against the inside front of the console. Hit the reset button and voila the game works just fine. (thumbs u

My neighbor is moving so my wife & I decided to walk over to their yard sale yesterday morning.Found this yard decoration for $15 bucks.It's 5 feet long & would probably take 2 or 3 people to pick it up.It needs a little work but it is way cool as is.

And no.It is of the "non" firing variety.

Cannon003.jpg

My neighbor is moving so my wife & I decided to walk over to their yard sale yesterday morning.Found this yard decoration for $15 bucks.It's 5 feet long & would probably take 2 or 3 people to pick it up.It needs a little work but it is way cool as is.

Cannon003.jpg

I would've paid $50! Nice find!

Cannon003.jpg

Nice pickup. Any idea how old it is? That is one cool item. Gonna restore or not?

Kind Regards,

'mint'

I actually learned a little trick just a couple of weeks ago. If you pop a game in and get the infamous blue screen, wiggle the game towards you so that the top of the cartridge is butted against the inside front of the console. Hit the reset button and voila the game works just fine. (thumbs u

I don't know if you know who I am but I am a major video game dealer and have been collecting for decades. I appreciate the advice, but my point was simply to get the original poster to understand that selling these on ebay does come with a lot of risks. I sell mine as is; and normally like to sell to other dealers (who will put a new 72-pin connector in them and then resell them) or enthusiasts who know what they are doing. Nothing against you, but I do about $4,000 in sales in video game sales alone (in a good month; not every month).

I also specialize in the ultra rare stuff. I sold two copies of NES World Championship Gold cartrdiges in the last three to five years and two copies of Stadium Events as well.

Right now I just sold off a massive amount of RARE Sega Saturn games and Atari 2600 games I won at auction.

If you are looking for games, let me know.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

Edited by mintcollector