• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,895 posts in this topic

Bought at a consignment antique shop.

Would you mind sharing when you bought it and how much you paid?

About 5 or 6 years ago, paid Guide 'Good' value at a shop in CT. Wasn't cheap, but it's better than Good. :banana:

About 5 or 6 years ago, paid Guide 'Good' value at a shop in CT. Wasn't cheap, but it's better than Good. :banana:

Still quite a deal, IMHO.

Yeah, it's a little dirty. Might be yellowed, hard to tell if I can clean it up. Wrong AC adapter.

Oh yeah, and Bomberman 2 was in it.

Didn't realize it was so hard to see, but that's a vintage TMNT ornament.

Good weekend!

Edit - actually it cleaned great with no prob. Top loader looks great

Edited by yecul

I always get shut out on comics at rummage Sales and Garage Sales, but what I look for is other stuff I can build my pay pal account up to use on comics. When wifey is done with her designer handbags, I will take it off her hands, throw it on the Ebay and if I can make 20$ after fees, thats another $20 towards my collection.

Garage Sales, rummage Sales and F-markets are tough man, People have old comics and think they are worth a million dollars because they are old. Same thing with baseball cards.

Good to hit these sales for antique stuff you can quick turn and pad the comic slush fund in the old pay pal account. Takes a little time, but I got more time lately then money.

I always get shut out on comics at rummage Sales and Garage Sales, but what I look for is other stuff I can build my pay pal account up to use on comics. When wifey is done with her designer handbags, I will take it off her hands, throw it on the Ebay and if I can make 20$ after fees, thats another $20 towards my collection.

Garage Sales, rummage Sales and F-markets are tough man, People have old comics and think they are worth a million dollars because they are old. Same thing with baseball cards.

Good to hit these sales for antique stuff you can quick turn and pad the comic slush fund in the old pay pal account. Takes a little time, but I got more time lately then money.

I really don't think garage sales are viable, long-term that time invested (unless you're retired and bored) is just not worth the payoff. At least with flea markets and shops you may be able to hit up multiple vendors at once, or if you're traveling by it's a quick in-and-out.

The 'my is valuable' problem is less prevalent there, especially pawn shops or other low-end stuff where dealers are not looking for much.

Thanks for the info. I would have certainly done the same!