• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,895 posts in this topic

Best find this year came well after a garage sale had run its course, 10 doors down on my street.

I made a promise not to do any garage sales this year, and this was the only stop I made all season.

As I was heading out with the family and drove by the house, I saw a bunch of furniture and yard machines.

In the pile was a brand spanking new lawnmower and snowthrower. I asked my Wife to knock on the door as I wanted to make sure the "free sign" they placed included those two items.

The lady told us we were welcome to take them which I couldn't believe since they looked like they hadn't ever been used.

In fact after seeing the condition they were in and the for sale (SOLD) sign on their front lawn, the only thing I suspected was they were leaving the country for good and couldn't take them with them.

After adding some fuel today, the snowthrower sure came in handy as we just got a blizzard and already have about 20 centimeters.

I'm especially stoked because while I never minded hand shovelling our place, I've been thinking about putting a backyard rink this year and this machine will come in handy. Here's a pic of the actual machine:

0004303354787_500X500.jpg

I always tell my wife "You can't get an answer until you ask a question". Looks like that paid off VERY well for you this time. (thumbs u

Free? Are you kidding me? We just paid a grand for ours. Lucky. :applause:

Here's the box. What did I find in it?

Box.jpg

ASM #1? A double cover comic? 50 copies of X-Force #1?

I bought all of the Marvel and DCs from this box. About 72 books total. Here are some highlights.

IMAG0710.jpg

Holy Stromboli Batman! Great find! (worship)

I was in his kitchen drooling on them a day and a half ago.

Dang the JLA 1 paid for the whole lot and more. 3.5 for sure after press, shot at 4.0.

^^

$4 a book... that estate sale paid off. :headbang:

Had some Lois Lanes in the 20s that were nice mid grade, and a bunch of nicer mid grade Adam Strange too.

Only the 2nd Superman I seen like that the others do not have the green glow around him

what's the trick to making people understand that their 90s drek is near worthless and that their G/VG SA should not be garnering Mint prices.

A good whack up side the head. :grin:

what's the trick to making people understand that their 90s drek is near worthless and that their G/VG SA should not be garnering Mint prices.

Just stay in regular contact with them as they gradually bring their prices down to earth.

Maybe I should try this sometime... hm

When I lived in Illinois about 4 years ago, I guy I worked with always said "You could fall into a pile of chit and come out smelling like a bed of roses" when it came to the great comics I was able to find. And my response to him was always "No, I WORK at it!" I constantly am checking eBay, other online auctions, craigslist, garage sales, flea markets, estate sales, antique malls, etc. looking for comics and certain magazines.

So just keep pounding the pavement (and the internet) and keep your eyes peeled. There are still many treasures out there to be had. (thumbs u