• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,891 posts in this topic

Hey, seeing as how some people were just talking about Transformers, can anyone tell if there is something decent from the pics? I am meeting to look at condition and such, hopefully this weekend. I can make out Metroplex, Blur..Gen 2 (I think) Jetfire, maybe Astrotrain...I don't know a TON about TF's but the seller is local and seems willing to negotiate...

_204_zps09725eb0.jpg

_202_zps786a09c3.jpg

_203_zps50851ce8.jpg

_20_zps7cd1da48.jpg

Any advice, greatly appreciated - I would be getting to maybe flip on eBay...

I'm only into G1 (1980s).

This is what I see:

Ultra Magnus (at least the trailer)

Red Alert

Blurr

Optimus Prime (Cab)

Astro-Train

Chop-Shop (or at least looks like him)

Blitzwing

SinnerTwin

Blast-Off (I think)

Trailbreaker (looks like a contorted partial?)

Mindwipe (maybe? far back? Might have the headmaster?)

For me, I'd have to get them cheap. These are all pretty common G1s, they are not even close to complete, and likely not in great shape. It would probably be best sold locally or as a lot.

Pat

Lots of recent stuff which leads me to believe he probably knows the market fairly well. Hopefully someone else can provide better and more helpful advice before your meet up.

I didn't get the sense that he was a really hardcore TF collector, he said he was open to counters pretty readily...Only reason I am even thinking about this is b/c even the starting ask does not sound TOO bad...

I'm only into G1 (1980s).

This is what I see:

Ultra Magnus (at least the trailer)

Red Alert

Blurr

Optimus Prime (Cab)

Astro-Train

Chop-Shop (or at least looks like him)

Blitzwing

SinnerTwin

Blast-Off (I think)

Trailbreaker (looks like a contorted partial?)

Mindwipe (maybe? far back? Might have the headmaster?)

For me, I'd have to get them cheap. These are all pretty common G1s, they are not even close to complete, and likely not in great shape. It would probably be best sold locally or as a lot.

Pat

What, in your opinion, would be cheap/good offer price?

Ultra Magnus! Thank You! I was trying to remember the name of the TF that had that danged trailer!

...The guy said he may be missing some accessories but that they were not busted, but again, it is a Kijiji ad...

I'll break down the G1s roughly (what you'd potentially get):

A. Ultra Magnus - If this is only the trailer and you don't have parts or the cab, it's really not worth anything. $1 or $2?

B. Red Alert - Condition is critical. If it's really nice shape, you can get $30-40. If not (which VERY few are), it's $5.

C. Blurr - $5

D. Optimus Prime (Cab) - Condition-critical again. $3-5 for nostalgia if poor. $10-15 if really nice.

E. Astro-Train - $5

F. Chop-Shop - He looks pretty rough. Not popular as he wasn't on the cartoon. $3-5.

G. Blitzwing - Super common; $5

H. SinnerTwin - Super common again and not people's favorite Gestalt - $2-3

I. Blast-Off - More popular Gestalt; fairly common - $3-5

J. Trailbreaker - Because it doesn't look like the main body is even complete and fairly rough - $3

K. Mindwipe - The headmaster makes a big difference here. Not the most popular Headmaster, but people love that branch of TFs. This would be one of the better G1s in that lot.

The low single amounts is why I recommended the lot sell.

Pat

Browsing through our local "flea market", I came across this at one person's shop.

2mewjr9.jpg

Really had me sold in that casing without a board. I was pretty tempted to take it.

this picture isn't doing the situation justice. This was probably a 2.0-3.0 level and looks rough inside of that box.

I picked up pretty nice copies of Daredevil #168, Marvel Spotlight #1 and Green Lantern/Green Arrow #89 at a local flea market for $5 each today. :banana:

Also picked up Akira 36 & 37 and Marvel Premiere 48 at a local bookstore. :)

Edited by Shark

So after a bunch of messages back and forth we still had yet to lock down an exact time and place to meet, though it was to be yesterday morning. After my last e-mail message went unreplied-to, I figured I'd text him since I only had another hour before I had to be at work. This is the brief exchange :

Me - "Hi Brad. Did you change your mind about the Transformers? I am here in town and have a little while before work so I can come and pick them up."

Him - "Yeah someone told me to put them on ebay and I could get more he say you tryin to rip me off"

Me - "Err...I was going to pay the price you listed them for. You said $350 in your ad. How is that trying to rip you off?"

*after thinking twice for a second*

Me - "Never mind. Good luck selling them."

Finis. I really can't stand , which is a shame for me because there are a LOT of them out there to deal with. My blood pressure is high enough as it is...

Peace,

Chip

Edited by Chip Cataldo

So after a bunch of messages back and forth we still had yet to lock down an exact time and place to meet, though it was to be yesterday morning. After my last e-mail message went unreplied-to, I figured I'd text him since I only had another hour before I had to be at work. This is the brief exchange :

Me - "Hi Brad. Did you change your mind about the Transformers? I am here in town and have a little while before work so I can come and pick them up."

Him - "Yeah someone told me to put them on ebay and I could get more he say you tryin to rip me off"

Me - "Err...I was going to pay the price you listed them for. You said $350 in your ad. How is that trying to rip you off?"

Finis. I really can't stand , which is a shame for me because there are a LOT of them out there to deal with. My blood pressure is high enough as it is...

Peace,

Chip

Perhaps somebody notified him of this thread, and the comments you made here, and he figured he could do better on e-bay selling them himself. (shrug)

This is one example of why you should never put something like this out on a public forum before you've "sealed the deal" and have the merchandise in hand. He or a friend of his might be a member of these boards, read what was written, and figured why should they miss out on making more money for their stuff.

I could possibly be on to something here...supposed to meet a guy Saturday morning to pick up the following :

tf.jpg

Not shown are the boxes for Jetfire, Omega Supreme and the Masterpiece editions (the box in the back is for the G1 Galvatron). He wants $300 for all of it and is throwing in a 1998 Trendmasters Voltron as well. I'm trying to get him to include his boxed Colecovision, but we'll see. I might bring an extra $50 to see if I can sway him.

Here's hoping...

Peace,

Chip

Oh, I know how much it's worth. All the stuff I buy locally is to flip as I can't afford to collect right now, so it'd go right up on eBay.

Peace,

Chip

Does anybody know anything about these? The guy is asking $500 for the complete set. Don't know if that's a good buy or not. There are 7 magazines in total:

Marvelmania Magazine #1,2,4,5 and 6

Marvelmania Catalog #2

Marvelmania Comic Artist Ink and Coloring Kit

th_MarvelmaniaMagazine1_zps19bd5563.jpgth_MarvelmaniaMagazine2_zps6f97a24b.jpgth_MarvelmaniaMagazine4_zps308b3b5a.jpgth_MarvelmaniaMagazine5_zps94893862.jpgth_MarvelmaniaMagazine6_zps9738a9c0.jpg

th_MarvelmaniaCatalog2_zpsdb6118ff.jpgth_MarvelmaniaComicArtistInkandColoringKIt_zps197fa197.jpg

Also, let me know if anybody is interested in these. The only way I can get them right now is to buy them and flip them quickly.

I think most collectors buy and sell to feed their hobby.

Too bad you didn't get the deal but here are many items out there and you will find more. The newly minted (I can ebay) seller will likely enjoy the prep selling and shipping. You can watch the fun if and when he ever gets around to it. Likely they will be relisted on Craigslist at 50%-100% more in an attempt to make what he now thinks they are worth. Whatever you would have paid is more than me as I know nothing of these plastic dolls you folks speak of.

Peace,

Chip

Perhaps somebody notified him of this thread, and the comments you made here, and he figured he could do better on e-bay selling them himself. (shrug)

This is one example of why you should never put something like this out on a public forum before you've "sealed the deal" and have the merchandise in hand. He or a friend of his might be a member of these boards, read what was written, and figured why should they miss out on making more money for their stuff.

I could possibly be on to something here...supposed to meet a guy Saturday morning to pick up the following :

tf.jpg

Not shown are the boxes for Jetfire, Omega Supreme and the Masterpiece editions (the box in the back is for the G1 Galvatron). He wants $300 for all of it and is throwing in a 1998 Trendmasters Voltron as well. I'm trying to get him to include his boxed Colecovision, but we'll see. I might bring an extra $50 to see if I can sway him.

Here's hoping...

Peace,

Chip

Oh, I know how much it's worth. All the stuff I buy locally is to flip as I can't afford to collect right now, so it'd go right up on eBay.

Peace,

Chip

What's really important to understand when dealing with a guy selling G1 and new stuff (30 years of Transformers), is most of the early stuff (1984-1986), has not only been re-issued, but bootlegged as well (and trust me, it is very, very hard to tell the difference on some of them). I would personally never pay $350 for this stuff, it's actually good you got out of this. Metroplex, Prime, Omega Supreme, essentially all of the good ones from the first 3 years have had shinier new versions (or exact copies of the originals), and the prices for these have been on a steady decline for years (simply because it is so hard to tell). Now, had he had only G1 (early stuff), it's a lot easier to ascertain that the items are original, because not all of them have been re-done--it's an automatic red flag when new toys are mixed with the supposed originals.

When I buy toys nowadays, I will not go and see Transformer collections, because most of them are tainted (new pieces made to look like the original old ones mixed in with the old ones), and quite frankly sellers don't care, or don't know, but the buyers care, I can tell you that much! So you buy these and sell them on ebay and they end up being fakes and re-issues--you'd have so many Paypal claims open at once your head would spin!

Transformers have become nothing but headaches when buying them like this.

Sorry about your misadventure, but you got lucky here man!

Jay

I pulled a motherload of a collection this weekend.

Just astounding in size. There was so much, I literally couldn't see out any rear or side windows and my huge trunk was bursting.

Not stored in the right conditions so things need to be cleaned.

Some examples:

Complete U.S.S. Flagg with Keel Haul (trying to verify that but it's a nightmare).

Complete TerrorDrome

100s of Joe figures

Quite a lot of G1 Transformers. Though a lot of common stuff, also many Headmasters (including a little loose guy at the bottom from Fortress Maximus).

A box of MASK stuff including the base

A box of She-Ra stuff. Not my bag, but pretty thorough for another collector.

All kinds of weird stuff. Like my jam, Robo Force. Or Kit and Hasselhoff (awesome).

Even 1980s Lazer Tag. I was surprised to see that this stuff actually sells.

More stuff to come.

There was a Space Shuttle with a red rocket and grey boosters. Clearly older, but I don't know from what. Anybody know?

Pat