• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,891 posts in this topic

So after a bunch of messages back and forth we still had yet to lock down an exact time and place to meet, though it was to be yesterday morning. After my last e-mail message went unreplied-to, I figured I'd text him since I only had another hour before I had to be at work. This is the brief exchange :

Me - "Hi Brad. Did you change your mind about the Transformers? I am here in town and have a little while before work so I can come and pick them up."

Him - "Yeah someone told me to put them on ebay and I could get more he say you tryin to rip me off"

Me - "Err...I was going to pay the price you listed them for. You said $350 in your ad. How is that trying to rip you off?"

*after thinking twice for a second*

Me - "Never mind. Good luck selling them."

Finis. I really can't stand , which is a shame for me because there are a LOT of them out there to deal with. My blood pressure is high enough as it is...

Peace,

Chip

Perhaps somebody notified him of this thread, and the comments you made here, and he figured he could do better on e-bay selling them himself. (shrug)

This is one example of why you should never put something like this out on a public forum before you've "sealed the deal" and have the merchandise in hand. He or a friend of his might be a member of these boards, read what was written, and figured why should they miss out on making more money for their stuff.

I could possibly be on to something here...supposed to meet a guy Saturday morning to pick up the following :

tf.jpg

Not shown are the boxes for Jetfire, Omega Supreme and the Masterpiece editions (the box in the back is for the G1 Galvatron). He wants $300 for all of it and is throwing in a 1998 Trendmasters Voltron as well. I'm trying to get him to include his boxed Colecovision, but we'll see. I might bring an extra $50 to see if I can sway him.

Here's hoping...

Peace,

Chip

Oh, I know how much it's worth. All the stuff I buy locally is to flip as I can't afford to collect right now, so it'd go right up on eBay.

Peace,

Chip

What's really important to understand when dealing with a guy selling G1 and new stuff (30 years of Transformers), is most of the early stuff (1984-1986), has not only been re-issued, but bootlegged as well (and trust me, it is very, very hard to tell the difference on some of them). I would personally never pay $350 for this stuff, it's actually good you got out of this. Metroplex, Prime, Omega Supreme, essentially all of the good ones from the first 3 years have had shinier new versions (or exact copies of the originals), and the prices for these have been on a steady decline for years (simply because it is so hard to tell). Now, had he had only G1 (early stuff), it's a lot easier to ascertain that the items are original, because not all of them have been re-done--it's an automatic red flag when new toys are mixed with the supposed originals.

When I buy toys nowadays, I will not go and see Transformer collections, because most of them are tainted (new pieces made to look like the original old ones mixed in with the old ones), and quite frankly sellers don't care, or don't know, but the buyers care, I can tell you that much! So you buy these and sell them on ebay and they end up being fakes and re-issues--you'd have so many Paypal claims open at once your head would spin!

Transformers have become nothing but headaches when buying them like this.

Sorry about your misadventure, but you got lucky here man!

Jay

I generally have the same policy. Any post-G2 figures, no-go for me.

It is very hard to identify them. I have to study the hell out of it and that's at home. You can tell for the cheaper K.O.s, but hard to do with the pressure of buying with the person right there.

Pat

I pulled a motherload of a collection this weekend.

Just astounding in size. There was so much, I literally couldn't see out any rear or side windows and my huge trunk was bursting.

Not stored in the right conditions so things need to be cleaned.

Some examples:

Complete U.S.S. Flagg with Keel Haul (trying to verify that but it's a nightmare).

Complete TerrorDrome

100s of Joe figures

Quite a lot of G1 Transformers. Though a lot of common stuff, also many Headmasters (including a little loose guy at the bottom from Fortress Maximus).

A box of MASK stuff including the base

A box of She-Ra stuff. Not my bag, but pretty thorough for another collector.

All kinds of weird stuff. Like my jam, Robo Force. Or Kit and Hasselhoff (awesome).

Even 1980s Lazer Tag. I was surprised to see that this stuff actually sells.

More stuff to come.

There was a Space Shuttle with a red rocket and grey boosters. Clearly older, but I don't know from what. Anybody know?

Pat

Nice

If you ever want to sell some of the G1 let me know

I pulled a motherload of a collection this weekend.

Just astounding in size. There was so much, I literally couldn't see out any rear or side windows and my huge trunk was bursting.

Not stored in the right conditions so things need to be cleaned.

Some examples:

Complete U.S.S. Flagg with Keel Haul (trying to verify that but it's a nightmare).

Complete TerrorDrome

100s of Joe figures

Quite a lot of G1 Transformers. Though a lot of common stuff, also many Headmasters (including a little loose guy at the bottom from Fortress Maximus).

A box of MASK stuff including the base

A box of She-Ra stuff. Not my bag, but pretty thorough for another collector.

All kinds of weird stuff. Like my jam, Robo Force. Or Kit and Hasselhoff (awesome).

Even 1980s Lazer Tag. I was surprised to see that this stuff actually sells.

More stuff to come.

There was a Space Shuttle with a red rocket and grey boosters. Clearly older, but I don't know from what. Anybody know?

Pat

Nice

If you ever want to sell some of the G1 let me know

I'll be going thru it for the next week or two. I'm really only keeping the Headmasters because I have most of the G1 stuff.

I may need help on some of the oddity items (non Transformers). Found some Silverhawks stuff. Other weird earlier Mattel stuff.

People would probably cringe at the amount of stuff I'm throwing away!

Pat

Nothing crazy but got all 5 issues of Green Arrow Quiver by Kevin Smith and 3 issues of All Star Batman & Robin by Jim Lee and Frank Miller. $1 per issue. I'm happy! Zia Records

Pretty cool. I hate to mention this, though, but Quiver is a 10 part story.

Nothing crazy but got all 5 issues of Green Arrow Quiver by Kevin Smith and 3 issues of All Star Batman & Robin by Jim Lee and Frank Miller. $1 per issue. I'm happy! Zia Records

Pretty cool. I hate to mention this, though, but Quiver is a 10 part story.

The first 5 "all 5" (shrug)

When he said 3 bucks each I couldn't get my money out of my pocket fast enough :) There were about 15 more but these really stood out. Oh, and the Man of Steel is a 5th print :)

a2em.jpg

bb90.jpg

Where was this place?

I can't seem to find these places in AZ that Practically give away issues.

When he said 3 bucks each I couldn't get my money out of my pocket fast enough :) There were about 15 more but these really stood out. Oh, and the Man of Steel is a 5th print :)

a2em.jpg

bb90.jpg

Where was this place?

In Pennsylvania all I find is old sheet music. Or if someone happens to have comics, they're Archies, DELLS, or Gold Keys. Where the hell are you going that you're finding these books for 3 dollars?

a2em.jpg

bb90.jpg

Where was this place?

In Pennsylvania all I find is old sheet music. Or if someone happens to have comics, they're Archies, DELLS, or Gold Keys. Where the hell are you going that you're finding these books for 3 dollars?

Guys I go to yard sales,rummage sales, look through forgotten boxes under some other boxes at small shops. They are out there, just takes a lot of effort

Bought this for $1 last week at a flea market :)

7896028491390794490.jpg

I can never find an amazing deal like that anywhere around here! The closest I got was a "Secret Wars #8" for $4.

This is one book that I've found time and time again for really cheap. I think the most I paid was $3. 2 of them are dead 9.8s easy.

Pat

M.U.S.C.L.E.!!!! :banana:

Found a bag of 67 of these with little duplication and in excellent condition for just $3 at Goodwill. No Satan Cross unfortunately. This really brought back some memories. :cloud9:

Sorry for the crummy picture.

DSCN1383_zpsab0235ac.jpg