• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,856 posts in this topic

On 2/25/2017 at 0:22 AM, followtheleader said:

For me, it's positive on Craigslist.   It marginally differentiates those that have some knowledge of comic protection versus those completely clueless.

Patrick

I respectfully disagree. All my best buys have been unbagged, long time or OO books.

I met a fellow last weekend to buy a near complete Batman New 52 run in a parking lot. He said he had some variants in there, and I flipped through and saw the #25 March variant, the Cooke, and The Mask variant for #40 and made an offer which he accepted.

I got around to going through the box today and noticed a lot of the sleeves felt thicker than usual. Turns out from #8 on there was a variant "hidden" in the same sleeve as the regular cover. Here's what I ended up with:

tJMdFKsl.jpg

yTGMq56l.jpg

FMGhGrel.jpg

5 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

I posted this over in Gold, but figured some here might enjoy it as well.  My girlfriend is a big Looney Tunes/Porky Pig fan, so she was pretty excited when we found this at an antique store in our neighborhood.

IMG_1117.JPG

:headbang:

On 3/5/2017 at 8:51 PM, jsilverjanet said:

0648DAD4-0F41-4987-A362-290AACE09A65_zps

A few years ago on ebay a bunch of these were auctioned off signed from the Martin Nodell estate, he had got them signed while doing shows.  I bid on quite a few of them and I think the only one I got was the Stan Sakai, I might have a scan somewhere.  

First time I've ever bought comics at a flea market.  I bought nice stack, nothing epic, but I was surprised to see this issue was signed.

IMG_7265_zpsuqyyhbrq.jpg

On 3/7/2017 at 2:17 PM, DocHoppus182 said:

I posted this over in Gold, but figured some here might enjoy it as well.  My girlfriend is a big Looney Tunes/Porky Pig fan, so she was pretty excited when we found this at an antique store in our neighborhood.

IMG_1117.JPG

Nice find!

Got this from a flea dated 1896 priced at a nickel which was a lot back then

Your right B that was a mistype on my part(thumbsu

Scan0271_zpsfbvmyz3q.jpg

Edited by comicjack

7 minutes ago, comicjack said:

Got this from a flea dated 1806 priced at a nickel which was a lot back then

Scan0271_zpsfbvmyz3q.jpg

OK, very cool.  Honestly, I didn't think people were dressing like that yet in 1806...basically could have been 1906