• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,856 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, marmat said:

I was very surprised to find this. I was also very happy to pay the $2 price tag :banana:

Spoiler

32820771390_e01572b8ea_h.jpg

Congrats! How did that survive? Is it first print, I know 2nd exists but never seen one, I guessing it would say in the indicia. hm

10 hours ago, marmat said:

I was very surprised to find this. I was also very happy to pay the $2 price tag :banana:

I saw this CGC'd at my LCS recently $550 not tree fiddy but definitely not 2 bucks :nyah:

2 hours ago, Chadwick said:

Congrats! How did that survive? Is it first print, I know 2nd exists but never seen one, I guessing it would say in the indicia. hm

The barcodes will always tell you the printing, as well as variant number (if it is one).

1 hour ago, Ovrclck said:

I've been asking around at work if anyone has any old comics they're willing to depart or sell. Here's today's catch.

I've never heard most of these. I'm really digging the Sgt Rock!

31R92MU.jpg

7wRcmlx.jpg

woah --- ovrclck --- this is wierd - I probably did the same thing you did ( though you might not have linked it properly) ---- on preview - I see your pics - when I  "post" ----- back to the filename

7wRcmlx.jpg

31R92MU.jpg

FTFY 

Edited by W16227
huh??

7wRcmlx.thumb.jpg.9d2c7b4c57572dbaf45f65a325c3a634.jpg

-- I know that Arch has been playing with the image settings to get them better - so no idea if this is a temporary glitch ovrclck ---

I had to save the image on my hard drive - then use the "choose file" option...

Edited by W16227

saves the image on my hard drive - then used the "choose file" option at the bottom.....

might be imgur --- trying a couple of photobucket options....

copy/paste.....

HTML

IMG

-- ok - so none of these seem to work --- but the insert from link one does.... ( right click on image - copy image location on photobucket) .....

but i tried that with your image- and nothing...... :insane:

insert from link

IMG_42251.jpg

Edited by W16227

"I've been asking around at work if anyone has any old comics they're willing to depart or sell. Here's today's catch.

I've never heard most of these. I'm really digging the Sgt Rock!"

I should try this.  I had a coworker, mid 50s, who kept on telling me how he still had a lot of his comics he read as a kid because he knew I collected.  I figured there must have been some good stuff in this late 60s - mid - 70s mess, but I never pushed him too hard because we were friends and I figured whatever I was willing to pay he might eventually decide I ripped him off.  I figured if he really wanted to sell he would bring it to me first and then it wouldn't have been me pushing it.  Anyway, we had a falling out and he's gone.... now I really wish I had lowballed him on them because, frankly, now I don't care if he felt later that I had underpaid, he turned out to be a huge a-hole!

Yes.  I am a terrible person.

13 minutes ago, W16227 said:

saves the image on my hard drive - then used the "choose file" option at the bottom.....

might be imgur --- trying a couple of photobucket options....

copy/paste.....

HTML

IMG

-- ok - so none of these seem to work --- but the insert from link one does.... ( right click on image - copy image location on photobucket) .....

but i tried that with your image- and nothing...... :insane:

insert from link

IMG_42251.jpg

Thanks for your help! I guess I'll start using photobucket instead.

9 minutes ago, the blob said:

"I've been asking around at work if anyone has any old comics they're willing to depart or sell. Here's today's catch.

I've never heard most of these. I'm really digging the Sgt Rock!"

I should try this.  I had a coworker, mid 50s, who kept on telling me how he still had a lot of his comics he read as a kid because he knew I collected.  I figured there must have been some good stuff in this late 60s - mid - 70s mess, but I never pushed him too hard because we were friends and I figured whatever I was willing to pay he might eventually decide I ripped him off.  I figured if he really wanted to sell he would bring it to me first and then it wouldn't have been me pushing it.  Anyway, we had a falling out and he's gone.... now I really wish I had lowballed him on them because, frankly, now I don't care if he felt later that I had underpaid, he turned out to be a huge a-hole!

Yes.  I am a terrible person.

I've been also going around and asking my neighbors if they had or know anyone with comic books.  No dice yet. 

1 minute ago, Ovrclck said:

I've been also going around and asking my neighbors if they had or know anyone with comic books.  No dice yet. 

You have to be careful though.  If you emphasize it too much ... you don't want them doing their own research, looking at priceguide.com, and thinking their comics are worth zillions.  Better to let them think they have junk because, chances are, they have junk.

I recently had a Facebook exchange with a friend or a friend who was under the impression his raw, minty (based on what his idea of minty is from the 80s), X-Men 150 was worth $240 because priceguide.com told him so and that the stash of comics from his childhood was worth many thousands according to the website.  I had to talk him down a bit before he booked his tickets to europe with all that comic loot he thought he would be making.  I have not bothered looking the book up, maybe he saw that as a slabbed 9.9 price, because 9.8s sell for like $50, which is what I told him...after he spends $20 getting it certified.

4 minutes ago, the blob said:

You have to be careful though.  If you emphasize it too much ... you don't want them doing their own research, looking at priceguide.com, and thinking their comics are worth zillions.  Better to let them think they have junk because, chances are, they have junk.

I recently had a Facebook exchange with a friend or a friend who was under the impression his raw, minty (based on what his idea of minty is from the 80s), X-Men 150 was worth $240 because priceguide.com told him so and that the stash of comics from his childhood was worth many thousands according to the website.  I had to talk him down a bit before he booked his tickets to europe with all that comic loot he thought he would be making.  I have not bothered looking the book up, maybe he saw that as a slabbed 9.9 price, because 9.8s sell for like $50, which is what I told him...after he spends $20 getting it certified.

Good stuff man. I appreciate the tips.