• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,883 posts in this topic

On 4/27/2024 at 10:18 AM, F For Fake said:

Huzzah for garage sale season! There's a father and son who do a regular garage sale every Saturday from around Derby until October, and today was the first sale of the year. Nice guys and they always have interesting stuff. Picked up some great old store display pieces today. I've been looking for this Spider-Man sign for a bit, and this thing is cherry, even came in the original plastic sleeve (though opened). Also picked up the DKR display at a great price, and this X-Men Mutant Gear hanger which I've actually never seen before. Not sure where I'm going to put it!

IMG_0222.JPG

IMG_0233.JPG

IMG_0216.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

IMG_0218.JPG

IMG_0229.JPG

IMG_0230.JPG

IMG_0231.JPG

IMG_0232.JPG

IMG_0227.JPG

Nice pieces of comic advertising history! 

On 4/27/2024 at 8:56 PM, littledoom said:

Nice pieces of comic advertising history! 

Since you hint at the point of what I need to ask? 🤔 

At what point would advertising become sought after, is it as high as 25 years or similar circumstances to even pinpoint? Would do wonders sometimes, as I know there are pivotal ones and etc .

I think it was this thread or another with the coca cola Marvel....

Closest I had was a pulp fiction standee, a big one that I got as a kid from a video store. Not sure if blockbuster but I don't think so, anyway it was people size and had all the main characters. I haven't thought about that in ages 😂 

On 4/27/2024 at 9:28 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

At what point would advertising become sought after, is it as high as 25 years or similar circumstances to even pinpoint? Would do wonders sometimes, as I know there are pivotal ones and etc .

Closest I had was a pulp fiction standee, a big one that I got as a kid from a video store. Not sure if blockbuster but I don't think so, anyway it was people size and had all the main characters. I haven't thought about that in ages 😂 

Lol had to look that up, as my parents probably threw it away lol 😔 I remembered it as a white backdrop but perhaps I'm remembering the back idk.

Was just curious if you have no room for the set up, if it took years to create interest. Sort of venting to think it through, but I suppose Marvel is established enough.

Just didn't know if there was a year that started vintage, collectable, or etc 

No worries. :roflmao:

On 4/27/2024 at 7:28 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Even advertising from the 2000s is sought after by me. I would say it’s the quality that matters most. There could be quality output at anytime. Nostalgia varies from person to person. A Pulp Fiction standee sounds awesome. Is that a single character or four character standee? I would love a reprint poster at least. There’s an iconic movie scene where a Pulp standee becomes pulp in Grosse Pointe Blank

Edited by littledoom

On 4/27/2024 at 9:35 PM, littledoom said:

Even advertising from the 2000s is sought after by me. I would say it’s the quality that matters most. There could be quality output at anytime. Nostalgia varies from person to person. A Pulp Fiction standee sounds awesome. Is that a single character or three character standee? I would love a reprint poster at least. There’s an iconic movie scene where a Pulp standee becomes pulp in Grosse Pointe Blank

There are some on ebay, I think the white I was remembering is around the edges of the characters. I happened to be riding a bike with a friend by a video store, but a hole in the wall establishment and this was outside. I asked to either have it or paid $2 in 1994 or 95. They agreed, and my friend said take it but thought a minute because we were on bikes and we tried successfully.

I remember setting it up, but when we moved later in the next year or so, I might have not wanted to bring it to truly start anew. 

Screenshot_20240427_215207_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/27/2024 at 7:50 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

There are some on ebay, I think the white I was remembering is around the edges of the characters. I happened to be riding a bike with a friend by a video store, but a hole in the wall establishment and this was outside. I asked to either have it or paid $2 in 1994 or 95. They agreed, and my friend said take it but thought a minute because we were on bikes and we tried successfully.

I remember setting it up, but when we moved later in the next year or so, I might have not wanted to bring it to truly start anew. 

Yeah that is the iconic and valuable four character standee I was referring to! Very nice!

On 4/27/2024 at 7:50 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is there a scene in that movie where SLJ's hair and beard look like that?

On 4/27/2024 at 10:28 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I’ve always loved store promo stuff, particularly from the 80’s and 90’s, as that’s when I was a kid first going to comic shops. A lot of this stuff was thrown out, or didn’t survive, and can be genuinely tough to find. I love comics, but the thing about comics is, with the exception of genuinely scarce Golden Age books, you can find nearly any book you are looking for, at any time, if you have the money. This stuff though, not so much. Finding a poster or standee that I remember seeing at my LCS in my childhood is an instant nostalgia blast.

On 4/28/2024 at 12:16 PM, Robot Man said:

This is not mine but I did own one for while. Very large vacuformed plastic. Wish I kept it…

IMG_8807.jpeg

Ya it is hard to hold onto, I don't blame my folks for it either, and they really didn't get rid of much actually, I just didn't have to many "special" things anyway. haha.

Not all of it was gone, and I still have the binders of late 80's and early 90's baseball cards as a memento of just how many odds and ends I was accumulating at the time :roflmao: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/27/2024 at 10:50 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Cool but they take up so much room

On 4/29/2024 at 7:04 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

Like Shad/Bill, I troll podunk auction houses and pounce when I can get stuff cheap. I recently scored 127 books for $260 shipped. Pretty pleased with the condition once I got them in hand. The highlights are shown. The big surprise was the Peter Pan Treasure Chest. I had no idea it sold for that much! 

FB_IMG_1714399233528.jpg

IMG_20240427_092201.jpg

IMG_20240426_133150.jpg

Fun haul for a couple bucks each! 

On 4/29/2024 at 11:02 AM, Robot Man said:

Fun haul for a couple bucks each! 

Thanks! I find myself becoming obsessed with cartoon books, the more obscure the better. Lol. I mean, I love the Looney Tunes and WDCS series but some of these wacko ones I've never heard of are great to look through!