• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,856 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, jcjames said:

Not comics related, but still collectibles...

Was given a matchbook collection of well over 1000 matchbooks mostly from the 60s/70s through the 80s/90s.

Sets of local (Arizona), Vegas, USA and international. Evenly split into those four sets. 

Started picking  through them last night, interesting stuff. A lot of these places don't exist anymore, and I chuckled to find a few Disneyland matches. The space shuttle one was cool too. 

I know nothing about collecting matchbooks but these were fun to pick through.

20210326_155141-1.jpg

I love the old Vegas match books. Don't know what I would do with them if I had them, but they are cool. From a different era. 

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

I picked up some books recently and the owner had these in a small container 

A31C0205-CCB3-45CB-944D-B4F7ABAE1EC3.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dr. Dank said:

Holy cow, Mondo Gecko. I had that figure

So funny you say that about Mondo Gecko!  I think that's the sticker I pulled one time as well, along with the full team, gold background (leftmost sticker in the pic).  I haven't thought about these in a LONG while.

I think I picked these up at the local Dominick's in Chicago through one of those sticker vending machines.  That must have been around 1991.  These immediately got peeled and stuck to the footboard of my bed.  That was the best place I could think to put them as a kid.  Those two stickers fell off long ago, though I had other plain white TMNT stickers that are still firmly attached.

6 hours ago, masterlogan2000 said:
8 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I picked up some books recently and the owner had these in a small container 

A31C0205-CCB3-45CB-944D-B4F7ABAE1EC3.jpeg

Expand  

8 hours ago, Dr. Dank said:

Holy cow, Mondo Gecko. I had that figure

So funny you say that about Mondo Gecko!  I think that's the sticker I pulled one time as well, along with the full team, gold background (leftmost sticker in the pic).  I haven't thought about these in a LONG while.

I think I picked these up at the local Dominick's in Chicago through one of those sticker vending machines.  That must have been around 1991.  These immediately got peeled and stuck to the footboard of my bed.  That was the best place I could think to put them as a kid.  Those two stickers fell off long ago, though I had other plain white TMNT stickers that are still firmly attached.

lol those and others as a kid, I took scissors to, and cut around the characters to do a collage on a paper made cover for my school books! Good Times.

except even then kids where like why did you ruin them? haha

Just now, srezvan said:

I'm a big fan of vending machine stickers. I have the vending machine inserts from those stickers.

TMNT Vending Machine Stickers Ad 01.jpg

Is that like an uncut sheet? that's fun, I actually don't remember where I got the stickers from now that I think about it hm 

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol those and others as a kid, I took scissors to, and cut around the characters to do a collage on a paper made cover for my school books! Good Times.

except even then kids where like why did you ruin them? haha

Is that like an uncut sheet? that's fun, I actually don't remember where I got the stickers from now that I think about it hm 

Those are ads from the sticker vending machines, not uncut sheets. They are printed on cardboard and used to advertise the stickers.

Here are my scraps from when I was a kid cutting stickers...

Along roth the 1st tmnt comic strip in the dallas newspaper

Along with a poster that I'm curious if it folds out 😂

image.png.eade48c35935eb50c2f5ce8bc174aebf.pngIMG_20210328_100414448.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 3/28/2021 at 10:43 PM, Bearcatcoach said:

Went to a couple shows this weekend....bought around a short box at each show....my Spring Break has been a busy week!!

Highlights....

20210327_133140.jpg

20210328_152609.jpg

20210328_152615.jpg

I don't know where you live, and I'm sure you put the time in, but dang...you seem to have more primo finds than anyone in this thread by a wide margin.

6 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I don't know where you live, and I'm sure you put the time in, but dang...you seem to have more primo finds than anyone in this thread by a wide margin.

And I don't even come close to posting everything I buy...:preach: