• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
54 54

15,978 posts in this topic

On 8/30/2024 at 5:46 PM, littledoom said:

I think they all had newsstands while the Avengers also had a price error

Ya! 👍 Oddly enough way back when the 423 newsstand only used to still get a cgc label notation before they started doing most if not all newsstands. I suppose that specialty was because there was a direct, newsstand, AND a newsstand error, which now it is thrown in as uncommon modern with the notation.

I remember the boardie who first told me about them, so it was kind of "the link" to any newsstand collecting for me. Slight vent

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/2/2024 at 3:28 AM, littledoom said:

Is there a story behind this amazing score? Did the seller have more comics or just these keys? 

Not much of a story. The seller is moving and is unable to bring the long boxes with him. Most had been inherited from his father, but he never really had an interest. I think I'll have an opportunity to go back and buy some more as he's putting the rest in storage. There are some other nice books.

On 9/2/2024 at 4:19 AM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Not much of a story. The seller is moving and is unable to bring the long boxes with him. Most had been inherited from his father, but he never really had an interest. I think I'll have an opportunity to go back and buy some more as he's putting the rest in storage. There are some other nice books.

All killer no filler!

On 9/13/2024 at 8:26 PM, littledoom said:

A dealer friend took a gamble on a blind buy from an online app. A woman was selling her father’s collection. She posted the lot for $700 and he offered $500 without seeing the contents. He tried looking through the boxes but the comics were stacked horizontally with 125 or more comics per box so he just took a gamble. The collection was 95% Marvel and DC from the 90s most of which were DC. Apparently the original owner was a very big Black Panther fan. He saw a few issues of Jungle Action which convinced him there might be more gems so he purchased the collection. He didn't know what was in these boxes, other than a small pile of 70s Jungle Action comics. Everything in these photos was a complete surprise to him including FF 52.

IMG_1491.thumb.jpeg.62776e69f3380b1111cb620521fb4ca5.jpeg

IMG_1500.thumb.jpeg.f9192814e245ea7811dcd13ee4abbc6e.jpeg

IMG_1493.thumb.jpeg.bfdb8df2730e51b68ef75eecb0f07e1f.jpeg

IMG_1494.thumb.jpeg.1b88c6017235aa6bf3187bfbf3b8bb89.jpeg

IMG_1495.thumb.jpeg.d65de2908c342622c4c13120d7e9c032.jpeg

IMG_1496.thumb.jpeg.4bf277612027805ff53d474f3fd00481.jpeg

IMG_1499.thumb.jpeg.80c23bcddac4ec971f3b2c842a97e1e6.jpeg

First Soul Strangler and first El Aguila, he crushed on this one.

On 9/15/2024 at 12:53 PM, littledoom said:

Last weekend despite 110 degree heat my girlfriend and I went yard sailing at close to 100 different random yard sales across towns. On Saturday I saw an ad I deemed promising for comics (which turned out to be for other very lucky attendees) but instead decided to hit yard sales closer to me. One of the first sales we hit that morning said his brother would come back with Star Wars toys in about an hour. So we decided to come back later. After going to countless sales our day was almost over and it was time to head back to the Star Wars sale. Turns out that sale was completely packed and shut down when we arrived. So we would head back home around 2:30pm. And on that route we saw some more yard sales set up. One of those sales had a table set up with kids clothes and a box of Walt Disney comics staked on top. I was initially very interested just seeing those Four Colors. I looked through about a handful of comics on top and saw they were quality. So I asked the woman in charge how much were the comics. She said 50 cents each or $20 for the whole box. I gladly paid her and was curious to ask if any had sold earlier and she said she sold the first Justice League for $180 to a shop. Majority of the 200 or so odd comics are from 1950-1955 so I think she might have been referring to a JSA comic. She said her family member passed on and assured me there might be some good ones.

IMG_4414.thumb.jpeg.07c3812cbe422b2fa6a2471601ba9347.jpeg

Is that a stack of Weird Science and Planet?

On 9/15/2024 at 1:53 PM, littledoom said:

Last weekend despite 110 degree heat my girlfriend and I went yard sailing at close to 100 different random yard sales across towns. On Saturday I saw an ad I deemed promising for comics (which turned out to be for other very lucky attendees) but instead decided to hit yard sales closer to me. One of the first sales we hit that morning said his brother would come back with Star Wars toys in about an hour. So we decided to come back later. After going to countless sales our day was almost over and it was time to head back to the Star Wars sale. Turns out that sale was completely packed and shut down when we arrived. So we would head back home around 2:30pm. And on that route we saw some more yard sales set up. One of those sales had a table set up with kids clothes and a box of Walt Disney comics staked on top. I was initially very interested just seeing those Four Colors. I looked through about a handful of comics on top and saw they were quality. So I asked the woman in charge how much were the comics. She said 50 cents each or $20 for the whole box. I gladly paid her and was curious to ask if any had sold earlier and she said she sold the first Justice League for $180 to a shop. Majority of the 200 or so odd comics are from 1950-1955 so I think she might have been referring to a JSA comic. She said her family member passed on and assured me there might be some good ones.

IMG_4414.thumb.jpeg.07c3812cbe422b2fa6a2471601ba9347.jpeg

There will ALWAYS be stuff like this out there to be found. Always.