• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ugliest Bronze Age 9.8 Key

35 posts in this topic

Some call it a key, I don't think it is such an important issue.

And CGC calls it a 9.8...but, dayam, that is the ugliest 9.8 key I've ever seen.

According to the description...

...it has a "filthy spine" but I couldn't find any dirt on it.

...it is "unreal", "unbelievable", and "impossible", but there it is, miraculously, for us dreamers to bid on.

...it will blow you away unless you do it first. I'm not sure if he is talking about air pressure, or some other variety of "blow."

xm94ga5.jpg

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-detail.php?issue_id=27613

The Spidey with the folded over corner was the fugliest 9.8.

gotta link?

hm

I'll have a look, it was posted quite a while ago. I think CGC graded it at a 9.8 then folded the corner over as they sealed it in the inner holder.

I'm not very good with the search function so don't hold you're breath... :(

Too much miswrap and the spine corners aren't sharp. I wouldn't bid on it.

High chance it's been pressed since pressers love the white miswraps. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Some call it a key, I don't think it is such an important issue.

And CGC calls it a 9.8...but, dayam, that is the ugliest 9.8 key I've ever seen.

According to the description...

...it has a "filthy spine" but I couldn't find any dirt on it.

...it is "unreal", "unbelievable", and "impossible", but there it is, miraculously, for us dreamers to bid on.

...it will blow you away unless you do it first. I'm not sure if he is talking about air pressure, or some other variety of "blow."

xm94ga5.jpg

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-detail.php?issue_id=27613

Dude It's not that bad. :whatev:

gotta link?

hm

I'll have a look, it was posted quite a while ago. I think CGC graded it at a 9.8 then folded the corner over as they sealed it in the inner holder.

That was the zilla4 auction book. Book wasn't ugly, it got manhandled during encapsulation and had a corner bent over. Amazing it passed through QC and the scanning process when it was offered for auction on ebay.

gotta link?

hm

:gossip: Spectacular Spiderman #3, being sold by Lange's.

Obviously a CGC error.

gotta link?

hm

That was the zilla4 auction book. Book wasn't ugly, it got manhandled during encapsulation and had a corner bent over. Amazing it passed through QC and the scanning process when it was offered for auction on ebay.

That's the one (thumbs u

I knew it was a quality issue on CGCs part.