• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ugliest Bronze Age 9.8 Key

35 posts in this topic

What's the grade on the first cover? I can't quite read it, 2.5 or something?

As far as I remember, it's 2.0.

That's just how CGC grades double-cover books - the inner cover is the one that gets the big number on the label. I personally have no problems with that.

Too much miswrap and the spine corners aren't sharp. I wouldn't bid on it.

High chance it's been pressed since pressers love the white miswraps. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

But just think how much 8000 points would jump you up in the registry. ;)

I agree with you guys about the looks of this one though. My 9.0 is pretty sweet looking. They can keep this 9.8.

That's just how CGC grades double-cover books - the inner cover is the one that gets the big number on the label. I personally have no problems with that.

Yeah I'd agree. If you remove the outer cover you're still left with the inner one, can't argue with that logic.

Yep, outer cover is a 2.0

Yep, outer cover is a 2.0

Bizzare!

I know its a DC but is it not worth removing the outer cover? Who would pay extra for that?

Yay, 600 posts in a year :acclaim:, Gav manages that in 3 days in his own thread! lol

High chance it's been pressed since pressers love the white miswraps. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I agree with you guys about the looks of this one though. My 9.0 is pretty sweet looking. They can keep this 9.8.

lol

I'm biding my time on X-Men 94 and GS 1, both in 9.8. I want really nice looking copies. One day... :cloud9:

Around my Bday last September I chose this over a GS X-Men 1 9.8:

IMAGE_133.jpg

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

It's a rare half door model of the new 4 door Wranglers. People stop me all the time and ask about it. Puppy's going to hold it's value big time.

lol

I'm biding my time on X-Men 94 and GS 1, both in 9.8. I want really nice looking copies. One day... :cloud9:

IMAGE_133.jpg

It's a rare half door model of the new 4 door Wranglers. People stop me all the time and ask about it. Puppy's going to hold it's value big time.

Not that's why you don't go crazy participating in these insane prices! Better money spent elsewhere. I bet you have zero regrets over passing up the GS 9.8. Sweet jeep!

lol

IMAGE_133.jpg

Not that's why you don't go crazy participating in these insane prices! Better money spent elsewhere. I bet you have zero regrets over passing up the GS 9.8. Sweet jeep!

Thanks, no regrets! Luv my baby!

Not a key. Ugliness depends on point of view.

154ex3n.jpg15pfthc.jpg

WTH!! :o how did that comic get a 9.8 went there is a HUGE tear on the back cover :screwy:

That cant be the same book! :o

WTH!! :o how did that comic get a 9.8 went there is a HUGE tear on the back cover :screwy:

It's a double cover. You've always got the option of ripping one of the covers off, so CGC gives it the overall grade for whichever cover is better.

It's a double cover. You've always got the option of ripping one of the covers off, so CGC gives it the overall grade for whichever cover is better.

Interesting hm