• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Whats everyones choice of drink?

161 posts in this topic

Well, they do say that brevity is the soul of wit.

Yup...

I defer.........

I concur...

Well indeed. How very apposite..........

Apposites attract...

Now that was distinctly recherche of you to say so.............

I agree... sorry.gif

Quite unnecessary. Tis I who has been rather horrendous, not thou.

Gene or Chrom: Isn't Fanta Orange called Arancia (sp?) in Spain, or is that tasty beverage something else?

In Spain, it's marketed as Fanta "naranja". In Italy, "aranciata" is orangeade.

By the way, did you hear that the Tottenham trophy room was robbed last week ? Police are looking for a man with a green carpet.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Here I am "representing" the Gunners at last year's San Diego Comic Con with artist Greg Horn:

360738-Greg%20Horn%20SD%20Con%2003%20small.jpg

Gene

589a8ba8a7015_360738-GregHornSDCon03small.jpg.d93218a5aa7e38bc6d7017f450a783d8.jpg

I'm 40, so me and my metabolism ain't the best of friends, either.

I'm impressed about your fondness for Newkie Brown. I didn't think there'd be easy access for that stuff in the U.S., but with the web......

Anyway, I'm mainly impressed as that is probably THE grass roots, working class Northern English alcoholic beverage. I can't handle it's excessive bitterness, but many friends of mine seem to like it.

In the old days, there were special wards in Newcastle hospitals set up exclusively for victims of this powerful beer. I kid thee not.

Newcastle has become very easy to find in the US, including on tap. I usually have six in the fridge, but draught is sublime!

By the way, did you hear that the Tottenham trophy room was robbed last week ? Police are looking for a man with a green carpet.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Gene

Man, those Arsenal fans are everywhere...........I'm fighting a losing a battle here.

And before anyone chips in, yeah, I know, so too are Spurs.

So how about those comic books, everybody?? Aren't they a great, historically significant, multi-faceted medium? Better than coins, eh?? So who's YOUR favourite inker for Jack Kirby's pencils? Anybody? Er, hello?

In the old days, there were special wards in Newcastle hospitals set up exclusively for victims of this powerful beer. I kid thee not.

Newcastle has become very easy to find in the US, including on tap. I usually have six in the fridge, but draught is sublime!

Yeah, I was also surprised to hear the comment about Newcastle's pedigree. Gotta believe it's been watered down as it has become domesticated on this side of the pond. I'll also second St. Pauli Girl-both dark and lager. Blue Moon for faux-Belgian white ale. Domestics? Sam Adams! Mexican? Bohemian!

For soft drinks, sometime try a mix of Canada Dry Ginger Ale (or Diet if you prefer) and Welch's White Grape/Peach juice blend! cloud9.gif

Other alcoholic beverage: Mike's Hard Lemonade (tastes great, and believe it or not, will get you feeling groovy after a six pack. try it sometime!) cool.gif

Mike Hard Lemonade is great to mix with Tropical Fruitpunch Creatine. I discovered it one night when I was eating my freinds Cell-Tech. I decided the stuff was powder so I might as well just mix it with what I had to drink. It also works with great with the Phosphagen HP kind. The stuff tastes super sweet when mixed together.

a pint glass full of Jaegermeister on the rocks - with a splash of Coke.

Read the thread and it brings back a lot of old memories. I am a "teetotaler" (sp? - tea-tottler?) nowadays.

Used to like the Anisette shots - Pernod, Ricard - very French and excellent digestifs -Sambucca has a different kick

Used to love mixing shots - Black Haus, GOldSchlager, and Firewater made for a nice combo - "Screaming Nazi on Acid"? I'm not sure what the nom du jour was for it. Hot Sex - ginger liquor, irish cream and chocolate liquer (substitute Kamora/Kahlua in necessary) - was always a nice "icebreaker" shot for a new girl

Glenfiddich - excellent triple malt scotch.

To me, vodka was vodka - it is pretty much flavorless and could mix the same in jungle juice whther it was Barton's (rail quality) or Grey Gose - only difference was the price confused-smiley-013.gif

Rum - 151 is only good for blowing fire tricks or making Rum balls for the holiday office party tongue.gif I like the coconut rums, then they've mixed rum with every citrus fruit since I stopped - Bacardi is good. Myer's Dark for an off night.

Gin - Bomabay is the way to go...Tanqueray is not all that - not much difference from rail gin...

Seagrams 7 and Ginger ale was when I was "taking it easy"

I left the bar business in 1998 and the alcohol selection has increased so much that it is hard to keep up with all the new drinks/new shots... I am very glad that when I go out to dinner now, asking for water, ice tea or lemonade is the only decision I have to make concerining drinks smile.gif