• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A thank you..now that the Auctions for Nik have ended...and the totals

121 posts in this topic

I did post this in the VCC, but I wanted to make sure everyone saw the thank you, so forgive me for posting it here again..

Together

I woke up this morning, and that word just popped into my mind.

Together this board managed to put aside all it's small differences and work together as a team.

This was a very sad occasion, but everyone showed what they were made of...and what they could do to help someone. It's been an amazing experience...

Sckao and nocutename were the spreadsheet wizards behind the scenes that kept us from falling apart and wizards, is putting it lightly.

McMiles, JoeyPost, Dr. Watson, DzMinn and the Human Torch did all their wonderful magic moderating promoting and worked wonderfully together even though some of them had never met....and GACollectibles is the funds gatherer, who managed to take donations, even while he was across the the other side of the Country working in a comics booth...and who will be sending the money to Nik's family...he's already been in touch.

Flee of course designed the banners...

But these are not the only people who helped. All of you did...the people donating, the people bidding , the winner, the moderators who didn't yell at us for doing a few odd things...everyone worked Together. Each person who posted, who made kind or funny comments in the threads, the people who sent a small donation because that was they could afford...and those who could do a little more...each person contributed what they could and each contribution was amazing...

I only met Nik a few times, but I liked him instantly...and I had the feeling, every time I looked at Flee's banners, that he was watching and smiling...I'm sure he would be proud of all your efforts.

So, Together we have so far...with cash donations and the winning bids on the auctions managed to come up with $ 53,617 for Nik's Family.

Thank you all, I'm very proud to be part of this community.

(thumbs u

Er...there seems to be one name missed out on that list?

Sharon!!!

Thank you so much for all that you've done. Yes, Nik would be proud of you and on behalf of his family, inordinately grateful!

Round of applause for the den mother, please, folks! :applause:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: