• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To make things right!

467 posts in this topic

Ok. the mylar thing wasn't your fault and people jumped the gun (I'll take you at your word). but what about the pre-orders that are incomplete that you've had for a year? You've had the money and they haven't gotten their product or enough communication to satisfy them. No matter how you choose to spin it, that can't be the customer or anyone elses fault but yours.

Agreed with you there. Preorders are a nightmare, one we are fixing and will be done with forever.

Ok. Another question then, do you think keeping the money and sending the now year old order is going to be enough to satisfy all the customers? or do you think that identifying those orders, which is your job to do not have them come forward to fix, and then refunding the complete amount of their unfulfilled orders is the answer?

Our plan is to ship the old ones, refund what's missing and call it a day on them. We never should of messed with them. It is a logistical nightmare. Thing's are late, they are missing, they get cancelled, they get damaged (with no replacements)... I NEVER should of tried to offer a service. Should of just stuck to offering comics and supplies.

That was my fatal error. Took way too much time and effort and everything else suffered.

Our plan is to ship the old ones, refund what's missing and call it a day on them.

My opinion, contact the buyer, apologize for the error and delay, and see if they want the old product or money. Yes you may take a hit to your bottom line, but you may salvage a customer or two from disliking you and your practices.

lol, oh ok I get it now.

I hold up a sign that says don't cross the street.

500 monkeys run across the street and 500 of them get hit.

I am to blame because why? They didn't read the sign?

This analogy has nothing whatsoever to do with your situation.

You keep trying to cast yourself as blameless and innocent, but you are not.

I should apologize for why? I am sorry but it's just not that cut and dry.

No, my friend, it IS that cut and dried. You apologize because it shows HUMILITY. I can GUARANTEE YOU, if you had showed ANY humility during your previous dustups, it wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad for you as it was.

If someone says to you if you pay me now, you won't get this until August, and then you start crying in July... how exactly does that make their complaint my fault, and/or why should I apologize for it?

Pay attention, because you're missing the point: You should apologize because your customer is unhappy. PERIOD. You can apologize in such a way that it MOLLIFIES the customer, by COMMISERATING with them because you are, in fact, in the same boat as they are.

"I'm really very sorry it's taken this long. You shouldn't have had to wait this long. Please be assured that I'm doing everything I possibly can to speed up your order, and once more, I apologize for this situation."

Easy. You clearly demonstrate that it's not YOUR fault, but you also show some humility and...watch me now...EMPATHY with your customer!

You would be SHOCKED at how well that works!

You are making these statements under the assumption that I don't apologize to people.

You are making these statements under the assumption that you know how it is that the daily ventures of my business go.

This, all of this isn't he norm. They are a lot of exceptions that have been bound into what seems to be the norm.

I understand your statements and positions, but to be quite honest, I have made it through a lot of things, some good, some bad, without your guidance.

Your right, the next time I will hold up 500 signs, one for each monkey. I will also have various monkey translators on hand to make sure that each and every monkey get's the plan.

However, I might have to get a few more becasue I am sure there will be a few who are deaf so I will need monkey signers.

You're still making excuses for why it's everyone else's fault but yours.

Not the way to do it.

Where exactly am I doing that?

I am sorry but you don't apologize when you haven't done anythign wrong. When I up, I say sorry. But I am not going to apologize just because you think I should to everyone.

You have NO idea who I am, what I do, or how my business works. You are really tossing a lot of assumptions out there that are based on some truth, some lie, some theory and some guessing.

I apologize to those who I have done wrong, and since you can't see those conversations you will just have to assume (again) that I have.

You are making these statements under the assumption that I don't apologize to people.

My God.

You are one trying son of a gun, aren't you?

I'm making no assumptions. This is based off YOUR OWN TESTIMONY.

You are making these statements under the assumption that you know how it is that the daily ventures of my business go.

I know how REGULAR BUSINESS operates. And you know what? As far as principle goes, it's pretty much universal.

This, all of this isn't he norm. They are a lot of exceptions that have been bound into what seems to be the norm.

You're still not getting it. If you wrong ONE SINGLE CUSTOMER out of 10,000, you MUST fix it with that ONE SINGLE CUSTOMER. You don't get to "write it off" just because you think it's an acceptable loss. You have no IDEA what that customer's impact will be!

I understand your statements and positions, but to be quite honest, I have made it through a lot of things, some good, some bad, without your guidance.

Well. That does it.

You had me on your side, willing to give you the benefit of the doubt...but you can't control your words, you can't control your emotions, you can't control your arrogance, and it proves that the contrition you were showing earlier was, at the very most, merely a brief respite from the raging storm that is your temper.

Forget it. You had a vocal loudmouth willing to give you a chance in me, but you've blown it.

Good luck. You'll need it.

"I'm really very sorry it's taken this long. You shouldn't have had to wait this long. Please be assured that I'm doing everything I possibly can to speed up your order, and once more, I apologize for this situation."

I say this to angry customers all the time,and even if I

don't mean it,I do it just to let them know I am aware of what is

making them unhappy.It really does help pacify the person(s).

Just a little bit of honey can certainly go a long way.

And you will benefit in the end.You wouldn't believe the scrapes

I have come out of managing,just taking a little time to explain

what is going on and offering wan apologies.You can even win

customers back in MOST cases

Just my 2c

Jimmers

My God.

You are one trying son of a gun, aren't you?

I'm making no assumptions. This is based off YOUR OWN TESTIMONY.

I know how REGULAR BUSINESS operates. And you know what? As far as principle goes, it's pretty much universal.

You're still not getting it. If you wrong ONE SINGLE CUSTOMER out of 10,000, you MUST fix it with that ONE SINGLE CUSTOMER. You don't get to "write it off" just because you think it's an acceptable loss. You have no IDEA what that customer's impact will be!

Well. That does it.

You had me on your side, willing to give you the benefit of the doubt...but you can't control your words, you can't control your emotions, you can't control your arrogance, and it proves that the contrition you were showing earlier was, at the very most, merely a brief respite from the raging storm that is your temper.

Forget it. You had a vocal loudmouth willing to give you a chance in me, but you've blown it.

Good luck. You'll need it.

Rock, you really have a funny way of showing that you were on my side. All you kept saying was NO WRONG, NO THIS WAY, NO WRONG!!!

Your crazy man lol, didn't you just get into a blowout with your friend today. You'd rather be right and miserable, that's fine by me.

I make apologies where necessary. I never said I don't apologize. I said that I don't when I shouldn't have to. I just don't say "sorry" to someone when they are wrong.

Perfect example. Customer goes on the site and orders say SIZE A. He calls and says it must of been a mistake of MINE. I say "no, I'm sorry that you ordered the wrong size but it wasn't our site that did it". I am not above saying I am sorry when I am in the wrong, or when I do something I shouldn't. But when I am not, I certainly would not. Call me stupid, or whatever, but it's just not how it works. I might make that deal right with the customer, but I am not going to offer apologies when they are not warranted. You would have me believe that you offer them no matter the reason, no matter the wrong.

In the end I can make things right without your constant monday morning qb-ing.

I am sorry but you don't apologize when you haven't done anythign wrong. When I up, I say sorry. But I am not going to apologize just because you think I should to everyone.

You have NO idea who I am, what I do, or how my business works. You are really tossing a lot of assumptions out there that are based on some truth, some lie, some theory and some guessing.

I apologize to those who I have done wrong, and since you can't see those conversations you will just have to assume (again) that I have.

Hey, do whatever you want. Clearly, you've got this business thing all worked out, and everyone else here is all wrong, wrong, wrong.

:roflmao:

(thumbs u

Hey, do whatever you want. Clearly, you've got this business thing all worked out, and everyone else here is all wrong, wrong, wrong.

(thumbs u

I never said anyone was wrong, except for the lying guy in that thread. I suppose I should apologize to him too huh?

Rock, you really have a funny way of showing that you were on my side. All you kept saying was NO WRONG, NO THIS WAY, NO WRONG!!!

No, dear, you don't get it. A person who cares about you, and is "on your side", WANTS to correct you when you're doing and saying idiotic things. Someone who DOESN'T care would just laugh at you and mock you. Which is what I'm doing NOW.

No one said "NO WRONG, NO THIS WAY, NO WRONG!!!!!"...that's you PROJECTING. Look it up if you don't know what it means.

Your crazy man lol, didn't you just get into a blowout with your friend today. You'd rather be right and miserable, that's fine by me.

No, princess, I'd rather YOU be right and HAPPY, but you're not interested in that. You want to be wrong and miserable. Fine. Have at it.

(thumbs u

"you're"...not because I care, other than my general dismay at the butchery of the English language....

...but because it makes you look stupid when you can't manage simple, basic rules of English grammar and spelling. See? Even STILL, I'm looking out for you. I just care too much, I suppose.

And why you and your girlfriend keep mentioning my friend Noljoner and our discussion (Nolj, would you, for a second, characterize that as a "blowout"...?) I have no idea. It bears zero relevance to any of this discussion, which certainly isn't about me. You're deflecting. I imagine any time you see two people disagreeing, you think it's with hostility, because that's how you're trained to react, right?

I can make it right without your constant monday morning qb-ing.

Oh, yeah, totally. And your smashing success proves that, dunnit?

Good night, you Titan of Industry, you Warren Buffett of the comic world!

lol