• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To make things right!

467 posts in this topic

Just can't win. Seriously I really don't know why I even bother sometimes.

Please don't bother :sumo:

Move along . . . nothing to see here :whistle:

Diva you can move along this has nothing to do with you. Did he ever sale you something and you didn't get the product? If not why are you trolling?

:troll:

Diva you can move along this has nothing to do with you. Did he ever sale you something and you didn't get the product? If not why are you trolling?

:roflmao:

He got some micropaper one time that was bent on the corners due to a box crush. He never told me about it, or allowed me to make it right. He just started being the little Diva he is about it. That's how our love affair started.

Oh... not ignoring me anymore? You aren't condusive to helping anything David. You and I HATE each other, this is known. So just stay away from my threads, or put me back on ignore like you always do.

He got some micropaper one time that was bent on the corners due to a box crush. He never told me about it, or allowed me to make it right. He just started being the little Diva he is about it. That's how our love affair started.

Very true. He was the one who told me about it and the second I saw it I knew it was bogus. So, I figured why not. I knew I was walking into a bloodbath.

I knew people would blow up, I knew that I would have to take a major beating on and about my body. I walked into it knowing that I would have to pay the cost for my earlier missteps of people's trust.

And, knowing this full well, you still decided to yell and scream and throw a temper tantrum....?

I've been through it before, I've taken the lumps before.

Water under the bridge man. You're may never win those people back. The key is to fix what you can now and prevent anymore of this.

Seriously though, I run a business. I have hundreds of customers ordering thousands of parts. From the top 10 customers down to the bottom 5, I know who I screwed over and I don't waste any time fixing it. I am utterly baffled at the comments I have seen you make asking people who have been burned to come forward. As a vendor, that's information you should already have. Maybe that's part of your problem? Record keeping per say. You have to get your ducks in order. You have to have a file on your desk of orders that you missed delivery on or that were incorrect, etc....That stuff has got to be a priority. As you can very plainly see, it isn't the 396 orders you got right that cause a ruckus. It's the 4 you blew.

And regarding the bazillion mylites you ordered, all I would think is that you overextended and hopefully you learned something from that situation.

Anyway, best of luck. I have to go to bed. Seriously, it's 2:20 am in Ohio. WTF am I doing? If my wife knew I was up and that this is what I was doing.........I don't think she'd be my wife anymore. :insane:

Then MAKE IT RIGHT!

The customer is always right and this has nothing to do about whether or not you can sell here

or not.

:P

Very true. He was the one who told me about it and the second I saw it I knew it was bogus. So, I figured why not. I knew I was walking into a bloodbath.

I knew people would blow up, I knew that I would have to take a major beating on and about my body. I walked into it knowing that I would have to pay the cost for my earlier missteps of people's trust.

And, knowing this full well, you still decided to yell and scream and throw a temper tantrum....?

I prefer that I " Took a very strong and abrasive position" about it. But yes, I went in knowing that I was steaming.

Then MAKE IT RIGHT!

The customer is always right and this has nothing to do about whether or not you can sell here

or not.

:P

Yeah, what... 2 yeras after the fact. I found out about it like 2 years after he got the box. He still would be a sourpuss about it, and at that point what he had done and said to me pretty much iced the cake.

I've been through a lot on here Hockey. Even before there were even any issues.

Here's a for instance.

Back in May of 07 there was a big mylar sale. We basically let people get as many mylite2's for $6.99 a pack as they wanted to.

Because we had ordered so many I told people, in the first line of the sales thread that you shouldn't expect shipment until the end of August.

Well, because we ordered half a million of these we were being shipped partial shipments. Some customers started getting their orders in June, some in July, and then those that were waiting saw people were getting theirs and then the board police came out calling us crooks and thieves. EVEN THOUGH it wasn't the end of August yet, EVEN THOUGH we told them that we were still being shipped items.

In the end, people cried and moaned and called me a crook. They told me I should of done this, or done that, or did this that way, or maybe that way. It doesn't matter. I was clearly in the wrong, and they were in the right.

Never mind the fact that I told everyone that shipments would be sporadic and quite possibly and truthfully they wouldn't get them until the end of August.

I did that sale to help everyone get a good deal on it. And guess what, in the end, I was the bad guy.

Hotflips at the time had ordered a MUCH smaller amount of what we had, and the fact that he had them, made it look like I was to blame, even though we had ordered 10-20x the amount, and fully disclosed that it would be sometime until all orders were fullfilled.

Stop making excuses for your failures.

Stop trying to defend yourself.

Admit that you screwed up, and fix it.

If you can't handle the business..and there's no shame if you can't... find something else.

If a customer is upset, apologize. Even if you think they're 100% wrong. Apologize and figure out what you can do to make them happy.

If you appear humble and contrite...even if you are 100% right...the "board police" will have nothing to hold onto.

Your continued adversarial positions with your customers is what got you into this mess in the first place.

Stop it.

These are very simple concepts.

I prefer that I " Took a very strong and abrasive position" about it. But yes, I went in knowing that I was steaming.

what you prefer is not how you came off to other people. I knew nothing about you before, and you came of bad. Very, Very bad. Your interactions, or lack thereof, seem to be your major problem. Perhaps the help you have hired should be the ones dealing with customer service. If they aren't good at it, find someone who is.

Oh... not ignoring me anymore? You aren't condusive to helping anything David. You and I HATE each other, this is known. So just stay away from my threads, or put me back on ignore like you always do.

This is not the way to fix the problem.

You MUST learn to ignore people you have a non-transactional problem with.

Here's a for instance.

Back in May of 07 there was a big mylar sale. We basically let people get as many mylite2's for $6.99 a pack as they wanted to.

Because we had ordered so many I told people, in the first line of the sales thread that you shouldn't expect shipment until the end of August.

Well, because we ordered half a million of these we were being shipped partial shipments. Some customers started getting their orders in June, some in July, and then those that were waiting saw people were getting theirs and then the board police came out calling us crooks and thieves. EVEN THOUGH it wasn't the end of August yet, EVEN THOUGH we told them that we were still being shipped items.

In the end, people cried and moaned and called me a crook. They told me I should of done this, or done that, or did this that way, or maybe that way. It doesn't matter. I was clearly in the wrong, and they were in the right.

Never mind the fact that I told everyone that shipments would be sporadic and quite possibly and truthfully they wouldn't get them until the end of August.

I did that sale to help everyone get a good deal on it. And guess what, in the end, I was the bad guy.

Hotflips at the time had ordered a MUCH smaller amount of what we had, and the fact that he had them, made it look like I was to blame, even though we had ordered 10-20x the amount, and fully disclosed that it would be sometime until all orders were fullfilled.

If you can't handle the business..and there's no shame if you can't... find something else.

If a customer is upset, apologize. Even if you think they're 100% wrong. Apologize and figure out what you can do to make them happy.

If you appear humble and contrite...even if you are 100% right...the "board police" will have nothing to hold onto.

Your continued adversarial positions with your customers is what got you into this mess in the first place.

Stop it.

lol, oh ok I get it now.

I hold up a sign that says don't cross the street.

500 monkeys run across the street and 500 of them get hit.

I am to blame because why? They didn't read the sign?

I should apologize for why? I am sorry but it's just not that cut and dry. If someone says to you if you pay me now, you won't get this until August, and then you start crying in July... how exactly does that make their complaint my fault, and/or why should I apologize for it?

Because I have a business?

Here's a for instance.

Stop it.

lol, oh ok I get it now.

I hold up a sign that says don't cross the street.

500 monkeys run across the street and 500 of them get hit.

I am to blame because why? They didn't read the sign?

I should apologize for why? I am sorry but it's just not that cut and dry. If someone says to you if you pay me now, you won't get this until August, and then you start crying in July... how exactly does that make their complaint my fault, and/or why should I apologize for it?

Because I have a business?

Your responsibility as a good businessman is to find out what language the monkey's understand so that they can read the sign... :preach:

Your right, the next time I will hold up 500 signs, one for each monkey. I will also have various monkey translators on hand to make sure that each and every monkey get's the plan.

However, I might have to get a few more becasue I am sure there will be a few who are deaf so I will need monkey signers.

Your right, the next time I will hold up 500 signs, one for each monkey. I will also have various monkey translators on hand to make sure that each and every monkey get's the plan.

However, I might have to get a few more becasue I am sure there will be a few who are deaf so I will need monkey signers.

Now your catching on...a good businessman does what it takes to please the customer... :makepoint: