• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvelman...Miracleman...Masterman?

49 posts in this topic

I would think if they've gone this far, it's only a matter of time. Or at least I keep telling myself. :wishluck:

In the meantime, if Marvel publishes a Golden Age Marvelman omnibus, I'd buy that. I have a dozen or so issues but it would be great to read the entire collection.

I guess I just considered it fait accompli that Marvel would end up with the Moore run. But you're right, we're not there yet.

Which then leads to the question: Will Marvel even bother to get the Moore run now?

Erm, well as I said above, Marvel DO own Alan Moore's SCRIPTS to 1 to 16 9this was part of the Anglo deal), but not the art - including the Miracleman logo and Garry Leach's costume designs.

They would therefore have to re-draw the whole thing substituting Marvelman which would be clearly bizarre but hey, lots of new issues for the registry!

I guess I just considered it fait accompli that Marvel would end up with the Moore run. But you're right, we're not there yet.

Which then leads to the question: Will Marvel even bother to get the Moore run now?

Erm, well as I said above, Marvel DO own Alan Moore's SCRIPTS to 1 to 16 9this was part of the Anglo deal), but not the art - including the Miracleman logo and Garry Leach's costume designs.

They would therefore have to re-draw the whole thing substituting Marvelman which would be clearly bizarre but hey, lots of new issues for the registry!

I actually like that idea.

New Alan Moore interview:

http://www.mania.com/alan-moore-reflects-marvelman_article_117413.html

Lots of stuff re: MM.

The bad blood surrounding this character is just sad to read about. Especially since the story base Moore created and Gaiman built upon are just incredible to read. How sad!

The main thing is that I will feel happy to know that Mick Anglo is finally getting the recompense he so richly deserves. And, I will have distanced myself from a lot of the deceit and ugliness that surrounded the relaunching of Marvelman as a character.

Love him, he's a genius, but he's a social outcast by choice

Pat

No disrespect to the man, but... :screwy:

lol

If it wasn't for Moore you wouldn't be so obsessed with England's greatest superhero because the character wouldn't exist as we know him now.

Moore's been screwed over by some many people in the comic book industry you can hardly blame him for his attitude.

Miracleman is the most underated series Alan Moore has ever written.

I've said this in other threads, and I'll say it here: Watchmen is brilliant. Killing Joke is beyond amazing. "Anatomy Lesson" is un-be-lievable...

But Miracleman is the greatest comic book series ever published in the history of the medium.

It is a crime that the book's sporadic publishing nature and reprint happy first 6 issues caused it to be so neglected for so long.

There aren't words to describe how mind obliterating this series is.

I'm glad I'm not the only that thinks that Miracleman is a underrated series :applause:.I only read #1-10 and what I've read so far have been great,and yes it is a crime that all these legal issues have kept them from reprinting the book that I think is a great series.

Those first few issues are mind-blowing, but you REALLY need to read 11-15! Find yourself the third trade paperback, or the issues, and you'll see why this is one of the all-time best story arcs ever done.

In this recent interview, Alan Moore mentions he thinks Watchmen is better because it was planned out, whereas MM was more spontaneous and clearly written with the artist in mind. Those two things, actually, make it in some respects better than Watchmen.

New Alan Moore interview:

http://www.mania.com/alan-moore-reflects-marvelman_article_117413.html

Lots of stuff re: MM.

The bad blood surrounding this character is just sad to read about. Especially since the story base Moore created and Gaiman built upon are just incredible to read. How sad!

The main thing is that I will feel happy to know that Mick Anglo is finally getting the recompense he so richly deserves. And, I will have distanced myself from a lot of the deceit and ugliness that surrounded the relaunching of Marvelman as a character.

Finally got around to reading this interview, and am looking forward to the second part. Sounds like things are moving towards Marvel getting everything. Now with the Disney acquisition, it will add another layer of complexity, I suppose, in terms of how hard they fight for the Moore (et al.) stuff.

Hari