• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What will the current modern age of comics be called?

62 posts in this topic

Having picked up 1,200 books on Sunday from 2003 to date, and spent a day flicking through them, I can say without fear of contradiction that it will be known as the Stinking Pile Of Utter Turd Age. (thumbs u

The SPOUT Age.

or

The Fecal Age. Has a nice ring to it. "FA" isn't taken yet either! Good choice (thumbs u

Having picked up 1,200 books on Sunday from 2003 to date, and spent a day flicking through them, I can say without fear of contradiction that it will be known as the Stinking Pile Of Utter Turd Age. (thumbs u

The Fecal Age. Has a nice ring to it. "FA" isn't taken yet either! Good choice (thumbs u

hm

I'm liking it! :D

There are a bunch of '90s comics that I'm very fond of and nostalgic for. As bad as most of those books may seem to you, they still mean something to some of us.

hm

I'm liking it! :D

Actually, I think we stick with your suggestion. The S.P.O.U.T. Age certainly conjures up images of not so solid discharges.

There are a bunch of '90s comics that I'm very fond of and nostalgic for. As bad as most of those books may seem to you, they still mean something to some of us.

I actually didn't mind the 90s...some great stuff amongst all the Image & Bad Girl garbage...but the 00s?

:sick:

I actually didn't mind the 90s...some great stuff amongst all the Image & Bad Girl garbage...but the 00s?

You may have to do some searching but there are always good books being produced during any era. This particular era may be thoroughly overrun with a lot of junk but there are still some readable and enjoyable books.

Without thinking long and hard about it: Y The Last Man. Great read. For the most part in my opinion, solid artwork. Beginning and end in the 00s.

:hi:

You may have to do some searching but there are always good books being produced during any era. This particular era may be thoroughly overrun with a lot of junk but there are still some readable and enjoyable books.

Without thinking long and hard about it: Y The Last Man. Great read. For the most part in my opinion, solid artwork. Beginning and end in the 00s.

Agreed on Y The Last Man, and there are other gems out there.

But for every gem, there seems to be twenty All-Star Batman & Robins. doh!

some great stuff amongst all the Image & Bad Girl garbage

I like some of that stuff. :shy:

Garb Age

Cleav Age

Seriously though, chromium age is pretty good (as it kinda, sorta reflects the gimmicks and all).

Was shaping up to be the "Ultimate Age", but ultimate line has lost all of it's steam. Isn't Marvel re-booting them all?