• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard Big Apple Show in NY October 2009

202 posts in this topic

I've been obsessed with him for pretty much my whole life. I think he's really hot, and he is a good actor, and he's going to be there.

Now I have to figure out what to wear!

I agree, he is a great actor and often overlooked. He was awesome in Auto Focus!! Great flick.

So, what's the word on the quality of this particular show?

There won't be any word on it until after it's over; first time show, new venue. It's just chock full of possibility! hm

Possibilities... :cloud9:

I think nearly any location is better than the hotel. I liked Mike's shows, but the space is always tight.

So, what's the word on the quality of this particular show?

There won't be any word on it until after it's over; first time show, new venue. It's just chock full of possibility! hm

Possibilities... :cloud9:

I think nearly any location is better than the hotel. I liked Mike's shows, but the space is always tight.

It is at a pier or something on 55th street as far as I can tell. The far west side over there is very difficult to get to if you're coming in by train. Parking isn't that bad $-wise (except you're competing with the crowd for the Intrepid). Granted, Javitz is also a PITA to get by train. The old Penn Hotel was easy to get to by public transportation (Penn Station and the subway were right there and Port Authority not too far), but parking was expensive. But yes, it was crowded and hot.

well, there are 200,000 square feet over there, so it shouldn't be overcrowded, that's for sure. i'm interested to see what they've done with the space. i've driven by there a zillion times and never really noticed what was over there.

I have been to the Reed show and Mikes show at the Penn plaza for the past few years. This show should slot somewhere between the two with overall size and attendance. NY has such a population base within 2 hours drive, they can easily have two mega type shows per year.

I've been to the "new" space before while attending a European fine arts show. The space will be an improvement over the big crapple space across from Penn Station.

The location is big boxy space as opposed to tight narrow dark hallways. That alone should be enough to improve the show.

You are on the pier itself so not the most convenient if walking but do-able. If I remember correctly, there is a small elevator and 2 floors of space. There was also a "loungey" mezzanine area that was used as a "resting spot". It will be interesting to see how Wizard configures the space.

I was going to pass on the show until they announced Shatner.

Cheers!

N.

Yep, just got this email :( :

Dear Big Apple Comic-Con Ticket Holder,

We are writing to inform you that due to circumstances beyond our control, we are canceling all talent scheduled to appear at the Big Apple Comic-Con including Willem Dafoe, Taylor Kitsch, Jamie Campbell Bower, Cameron Bright, Robert Patrick, Lynn Collins, Ioan Gruffudd and Scott Speedman. We realize that this comes as a great disappointment for we were all looking forward to the show and these talented artists. This is the first time we have had to cancel a scheduled show appearance for our talent however, we must take this necessary action.

All purchases will be fully refunded by check via USPS 1st Class mail. Refund checks for purchases from Patrick, Gruffudd, Speedman and Collins have already been mailed. If you have not yet received your check you can expect to do so within the next 1-3 days (depending upon where you reside). Refund checks for Bower, Bright, Dafoe and Kitsch will be mailed by October 9th.

We are working with the talent to reschedule their appearance at a future show or for a private signing and will keep you posted. In lieu of your interest and support, we will be offering you a special incentive on these signings. Once again, our sincerest apologies and we thank you for your understanding.

Best,

Joe

----------

Joe Lamothe

President

Celebrity Authentics