• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nik Donation/Auction Update

75 posts in this topic

As far as the second part of your post is concerned, I believe no one could have said it better. No one owes me a thank you for anything. It was the very least I could have done and an honor to be involved.

Jim, you said what I have been trying to put into words the entire time. I'm glad we could help, I wish we had a magic wand, but we didn't, so it the least we could do.

Family update:

I was out to give Tracy collected money on Friday(will have one more trip to make for that) and helping her with some online issues she wanted to take care of(nik's last sales thread, ebay store closing, etc). She is dealing with details involving the closing of his automotive repair shop(contacting vendors,customers, etc), estate issues, and getting ready to head back to work this week since she is a teacher. She says keeping busy is helping her cope but that she keeps waiting for him to pop his head around the corner and say it was all just a bad joke. The kids are ok and are coming to grips with the reality as well. They certainly will need some time to adjust. Tracy has been grateful for every bit of support and has requested contact info from us for everyone involved, we will forward that information except for those that made anonymous donation requests.

Hey Andrew, I know nobody(especially you) is looking for thanks or kudos for anything done here in the name of Nik or his family but just wanted to say I for one won't soon forget the efforts you have made. I know we would all have taken your place in a heartbeat if needed...but you actually were the one to do it.

So, thanks ya big knuckle head. It would not have been as smooth as it was without your participation. And Sharon too, but she isn't a knucklehead.

And to further your update about Niks family, Tracy has written a few times and mentioned to pass along thanks to any and everyone even remotely involved. Well here are her words, they are worth hearing by everyone...especially the dessert part.

I am so overwhelmed by the outpouring of support here in this community. If ever there was a silver lining in all of this, you and all of Nik's friends here in his "comic book world" have been it. I never would have imagined that my life would change so dramatically this summer, we had it all, and we loved life so much. Really, when I say "we had it all" we did. Three amazing children, great jobs, a Bar Mitzvah in the spring, and our trip to Greece with a "second honeymoon" - complete with child care. And of course, Nik had all of you.

I am so grateful to you all. Thank you.

Please, for Nik, play hard, have fun, and order dessert! Hold your children close and never stop telling them how much you love them. We can't hear it enough.

Tracy

Hey Andrew, I know nobody(especially you) is looking for thanks or kudos for anything done here in the name of Nik or his family but just wanted to say I for one won't soon forget the efforts you have made. I know we would all have taken your place in a heartbeat if needed...but you actually were the one to do it.

So, thanks ya big knuckle head. It would not have been as smooth as it was without your participation. And Sharon too, but she isn't a knucklehead.

And to further your update about Niks family, Tracy has written a few times and mentioned to pass along thanks to any and everyone even remotely involved. Well here are her words, they are worth hearing by everyone...especially the dessert part.

I am so overwhelmed by the outpouring of support here in this community. If ever there was a silver lining in all of this, you and all of Nik's friends here in his "comic book world" have been it. I never would have imagined that my life would change so dramatically this summer, we had it all, and we loved life so much. Really, when I say "we had it all" we did. Three amazing children, great jobs, a Bar Mitzvah in the spring, and our trip to Greece with a "second honeymoon" - complete with child care. And of course, Nik had all of you.

Please, for Nik, play hard, have fun, and order dessert! Hold your children close and never stop telling them how much you love them. We can't hear it enough.

Tracy

That tore me up... :cry:

To all those who organised, arranged, communicated, gophered, etc...you guys and gals all ing rock! (worship)

The total is quite surreal...just utterly unbelievable. This has all been about Nik and his family, but...but...Nik was a guy who always stepped up to the plate and thought nothing of it. All those involved in getting all of this going, and then keeping numerous plates in the air, have taken that lesson from our late friend and run with it.

You have done him proud. :applause:

I went to the mailbox on Friday and there was a letter postmarked from Mass. I was thinking "Who in Mass knows me and sent me mail?"

I opened it up and it was a thank-you card from Tracy. I teared up like a baby. With everything she has going on, she took time to write a letter and mail it to me. She's as good as they come.

I went to the mailbox on Friday and there was a letter postmarked from Mass. I was thinking "Who in Mass knows me and sent me mail?"

I opened it up and it was a thank-you card from Tracy. I teared up like a baby. With everything she has going on, she took time to write a letter and mail it to me. She's as good as they come.

Wonderful.

+1

I returned home from Florida last night and was going through mail. I too noticed a card from Mass.

I opened it to find a lovely thank you note in reference to pictures and a note I sent Nik when I found out that he was in the hospital. Tracy mentioned that she read all our notes of well wishes and described pictures to him and she knew he could hear her. We should all be so lucky to know the love of family. Hold them tight and love them every day.

These boards are amazing. Amazing funds raised and amazing effort from all of you involved.

Tracy

That tore me up... :cry:

You knew she had to be great Dice.Nik chose her as a wife