• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hitler Covers

43 posts in this topic

And here's my Great Comics #3, which I've posted before, but have now rescanned better (finally learning how to work the damned scanner!).

What's the CGC grade on that Great Comics? I have one that should probably be slabbed, but then I can't read about Futuro taking Hitler to Hell.

What I probably should do is photograph the darn story with my digital camera so everyone can enjoy the great propoganda that it is.

It graded a 3.5, which I thought was tough but fair. The book has terrific gloss but the spine has some serious trouble goin' on. I thought it might get a 4.0, at best.

If ya wanna slab but are worried about not reading it anymore, the Futuro story is available in reprint in NEC's Anti-Hitler Comics #1 (I don't think there ever was a #2). Shouldn't run ya more than 4 or 5 bucks online. thumbsup2.gif

Hitler covers are almost always appealing, but because of who he is, is there a premium for covers featuring him on them?

Generally yes, the premium is pretty severe if they were published while the war was ongoing and the victor was as of yet undecided. Hiltler covers that were published post WWII sometimes carry a light premium, but not too bad really.

And here's my Great Comics #3, which I've posted before, but have now rescanned better (finally learning how to work the damned scanner!).

What's the CGC grade on that Great Comics? I have one that should probably be slabbed, but then I can't read about Futuro taking Hitler to Hell.

What I probably should do is photograph the darn story with my digital camera so everyone can enjoy the great propoganda that it is.

YES, yes you should.

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Shrunkenhead,

That Black Magic is a great piece of esoterica - and fits into the arguement that the Atom Age should extend to the end of the dime era when considering non-superhero, non-continuing character books.