• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you get those darned &#%$ stickers off CGC cases?

36 posts in this topic

When I was collecting vintage action figures I used a q-tip and some lighter fluid. Worked like a charm and never removed the gloss form the card. Not sure how effective it'd be on a CGC sticker though.

I have some slabs I'd be willing to try it on.

I have not tried this on a slab but .............

If you rub white flour into a sticky spot on plastic left after a sticker was removed, the flour will "suck up" that stickiness and then the flour can just be scratched off the plastic with a finger nail

And flour will never damage or discolor plastic

I was hooked up to a heart monitor recently and they provided me with little square wipes specifically designed to remove gummy residue. They looked just like those little square packets of alcohol wipes and I imagine they'd be available in drugstores. Didn't try them on any slabs, use at your own risk but worked really well and was gentle on skin.

If you would like to get sticker residue off without the smell of goo-gone or other such products - the best thing to use is Isopropyl. NOT isopropyl-alcohol. It has no smell, and is like baby oil. Gets stickyness off of anything.

the best place to buy it would be a beauty supply store.

goo gone is work as soon as it touches, rub it in alitle and watch it peel away

ITS never failed me

Interesting. Have you ever tried it on a Metropolis sticker?

I use goo gone but it definitely doesn't work instantly (for me).

I haven't tried it often, but I have to let it soak in a couple minutes.

Stop OP, didn't ya know that stickers add value to your slabs. Don't remove any stickers, especially if they are Hello Kitty stickers. Those easily add 50%+ to the value of the book.

Congrats though on the amazing Necro Bump of this thread. :)