• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Many CGC Books Do You Own?

20 posts in this topic

Good question - why not make a poll and put it in that Forum? thumbsup2.gif
Sounds good. Being new here, I will start if you dont mind. I have just over 500 CGC graded books, my goal in the next 2 years is to hit about 2000. cloud9.gif

Just a curious question to members in this forum as to how many CGC books do you own, and what is your goal for CGC slabbed books thumbsup2.gif

About 10 that have been "liberated". wink.gif

I collect VGFs of early Marvels.

The high grade stuff I sell to others.

Just a curious question to members in this forum as to how many CGC books do you own, and what is your goal for CGC slabbed books thumbsup2.gif

About 10 that have been "liberated". wink.gif

I collect VGFs of early Marvels.

The high grade stuff I sell to others.

I am always looking for high grade 20C cover books gossip.gif

I have around 20 CGC books. I usually only slab books that I'm planning to sell so I don't tend to have a whole lot of them around. I think I've purchased all of 10 or so books already slabbed. Most copies of books in my collecting interest (Archie) are really tough to find slabbed anyway. The books I usually end up buying slabbed are the Golden Age issues (Jackpot, Pep) or pedigree books.

One if which is going to get sprung next week

Is that the one I have? FF#112????confused.gif

You still have a FF #112 of mine ??? Totally forgot about that....thanks for reminding me thumbsup2.gif

No, I plan to read my ASM #121 CGC 7.5 next week, so out it comes.

Can't wait to smell it devil.gif

How many CGC? -

1) 104 Amazing Spider Man - (102 cgc 9.8, 1 cgc 9.6 & 1 cgc 9.9) -

2) 15 Spectacular Spider Man - (14 cgc 9.8 & 1 cgc 9.9)

3) 1 - Marvel team-up (#142) - cgc 9.8

4) 1 - Web of Spider-Man (#90) - cgc 9.8

5) 3 Fathom cgc 9.8 (three of the #1/2 variants)

6) 16 Wonder Woman - (14 vol II - all cgc 9.8 - 2 Vol I - 1 cgc 9.8 & 1 cgc 9.9)

total cgc graded comics - 140.

My goal is to get a Wonder Woman collection of slabbed comics - best grade possible - nothing below 9.4 (except the very early GA #1's) including Sensation. Wonder Woman vol II - will be 9.8 or higher. Lofty goals but that's what makes it challenging. As far a SPider-Man my goals are still undefined - I may even sell the SPider Man collection later in order to obtain high grade GA Wonder WOman. WIll also try to get some Wonder Woman appearances in Brave and the Bold, Adventure Comics, All Star comics (mid grade on these). juggle.gifTake care, Izzy

Holy smokes Robb - didn't realize you had so many. I'm now going after Wonder Woman more so than Amazing Spider-Man as it is my favorite comic/character. Don't think I'll be selling ASM's I have and definitely will continue to get more but right now I'm working on some really nice WW that are available. How many CGC boxes are we talking about and which titles besides ASM do you collect graded. Take care, Izzy

an odd 125, mostly modern 9.8 with white pages with like 5 9.6 x-force 116's (anybody need one let me know), a FF special 6 double cover! 9.4, and an X-men 39 and 66 in 9.4 (all bought raw before craze on ebay and graded). Plus a few others i dont care to mention b/c of value and scared o spam.