• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The real deal on Mound City Auctions

19 posts in this topic

We have no relation to any prior post.

We have not set a date as we are in talks with several places and trying to find the best deal for our seller.

We have a website with details where new scans will be posted as soon as we can do them, we do 8 to 12 auctions per month and this is not our only customer.

We welcome your suggestions but we can't make everyone happy.

www.moundcityauctions.com

Click on the silver age tab on the left.

Now you will see a nice table of the different scans we took (over 6,000 scans so please don't say there isn't enough scans). I will however rescan the CGC slabs, I get it, no need to beat me I bruse easy).

We just got back from Florida and have nothing but good things to say about how the CGC treated us simple Missouri folk.

Now here is the tricky part.

Click on the album you want to see more of (For example to see our AF15 click on that cover),

You will see alot of tiny book covers (remember the clever programers at google do not want to waste your computer time so they send tiny pictures at first, hang in there they get better),

Now click on the cover you want to see more of (go on click the AF15 I double dog dare ya).

Here is where some of you failed to follow the instructions I put on-line (go back and look at the screen shot, it has an arrow pointing up to the magnifing glass) click the magnifing glass and all will be well with your soul (it is in the upper right corner [the magnifing glass, not your soul]). <--can you tell I used to be a software engineer?

Ok now you can see the big picture. I hope this helps, I may be new, but I do a mean scan,

Now, does anyone still need help? Call me if you need a walk through, but remember I do not always answer my phone, I may be off talking fast and earning money.

Rob

PS, I get not spamming, and the spammer was not me, or one of mine, I think it was someone we talked to that got excited.

i posted this in the unauthorized thread- but i would love for the pre-slabbed scans to still be available even after you've posted the CGC scans.

Great idea, might help you to spot upgrade potential. So let it be written, so let it be done. rob

or sometimes we believe CGC has erred to the upside (good news for you) and we bid accordingly. either way, (thumbs u for listening to the suggestion

I'll get to the web site in a bit but here is a taste.

And thanks for being so kind to a new guy.

Showcase 21 6.5 Cream to Off White

Showcase 22 8.0 Cream to Off White (I don't know what PQ means)

Showcase 23 6.0 Off White

Showcase 24 6.0 Cream to Off White

Showcase 25 6.5 Cream to Off White

Showcase 28 7.5 Cream to Off White

Showcase 30 3.0 Off White to White (cover has issues)

Showcase 31 8.0 Cream to Off White

Showcase 32 8.0 Cream to Off White

Showcase 33 9.0 Off White to White

Showcase 34 8.5 Off White to White

Showcase 35 9.0 Off White

Showcase 36 7.0 Cream to Off White

Showcase 37 8.0 Off White to White

Showcase 38 8.5 Off White

Showcase 39 7.0 Off White

Showcase 40 9.0 Off White to White

Showcase 45 8.5 Off White to White

Avengers 1 9.4

Now back to the website!

Hey, Rob Lite here letting anyone following the new thread here know that I'll be working on getting updates added to the website today, and we should have grades posted for a lot more of the comics in the auction shortly...

...I really think you guys are gonna be impressed with some of these, because I know that I am.

Okay, sorry this wasn't finished last night like I said it would be, there was some trouble with the Yahoo site we currently use, but we've fixed it, and the first two boxes of slabbed comics have been updated and uploaded (text only, scans will follow soon). These first two boxes that we've put up, are among the best in the collection. There are a wide variety of key issues from series including ASM, BB, DD, Metal Men, and many others. I've also included the Overstreet grade value estimations.

Anyway, I'll be working on getting the other several boxes updated later this week - today I had to go out and take apart a kid's playground that I bought at another auction earlier this week. My kid should be born anytime in the next week and a half or so (this is Rob Lite, btw) so now I've got a playground to rebuild in my backyard.

Alright, well, the updates can be viewed at www.moundcityauctions.com under the Silver Age Comic Book Auction tab on the left side of the screen.

I'll get to the web site in a bit but here is a taste.

And thanks for being so kind to a new guy.

Showcase 21 6.5 Cream to Off White

Showcase 22 8.0 Cream to Off White (I don't know what PQ means)

Showcase 23 6.0 Off White

Showcase 24 6.0 Cream to Off White

Showcase 25 6.5 Cream to Off White

Showcase 28 7.5 Cream to Off White

Showcase 30 3.0 Off White to White (cover has issues)

Showcase 31 8.0 Cream to Off White

Showcase 32 8.0 Cream to Off White

Showcase 33 9.0 Off White to White

Showcase 34 8.5 Off White to White

Showcase 35 9.0 Off White

Showcase 36 7.0 Cream to Off White

Showcase 37 8.0 Off White to White

Showcase 38 8.5 Off White

Showcase 39 7.0 Off White

Showcase 40 9.0 Off White to White

Showcase 45 8.5 Off White to White

Avengers 1 9.4

Now back to the website!

PQ = Page Quality

Sounds like you had a nice trip from Missouri to FLA to have several hundred books graded quickly.

I am sure that the auction will more than pay off those extra expenses, especially when all of the books come back unrestored as an OO collection should.

Very nice books. Sure wish I was in a position to bid on some of them.

Good luck with the auction, and welcome to the boards.

Just finished quickly looking over the list, and a couple of comments.

The Classics Illustrateds need further identification in order for most any collector to know what you are listing. They are usually listed with either an addition and/or a HRN. That is the Highest Reorder Number on the ad which is almost always on the outside or inside of the back cover. The value of a first printing is usually several times that of later reprints.

The Dell books with high numbers are almost always part of a Series known as Four Colors (i.e. The Lost World is usually called Four Color #1156 The Lost World)

Sounds like you had a nice trip from Missouri to FLA to have several hundred books graded quickly.

I am sure that the auction will more than pay off those extra expenses, especially when all of the books come back unrestored as an OO collection should.

Very nice books. Sure wish I was in a position to bid on some of them.

Good luck with the auction, and welcome to the boards.

Just finished quickly looking over the list, and a couple of comments.

The Classics Illustrateds need further identification in order for most any collector to know what you are listing. They are usually listed with either an addition and/or a HRN. That is the Highest Reorder Number on the ad which is almost always on the outside or inside of the back cover. The value of a first printing is usually several times that of later reprints.

The Dell books with high numbers are almost always part of a Series known as Four Colors (i.e. The Lost World is usually called Four Color #1156 The Lost World)

Thanks for the advise.

The extra expense you are talking about was a great savings for our seller. The local shop wanted $10 per book to fill in the forms and then shipping, handling and insurance. We had over 3,.000 books (even if we sent in only 500 its still $5,000) just for the forms let alone the shipping and insurance.

hi, hope the auction goes well but not too well on the items I bid on.

With the attention this auction is getting how are you planning to screen bidders for creditworthiness?

Are you flying over? If so, the first pint's on me.

We use a valid credit card to register for on-line bidding (we only use it for shipping however). All funds must clear before the items are shipped. With cash the buyer can take his or her item with them but, for a check or certified funds the check must clear (10 days on US funds, 30 days for international funds) before the item ships.

We are working with our credit card merchant account provider to see if they have any suggestions for a sale of this type. I'd like to offer Visa and Mastercard but I can't cover chargebacks. I have this in our terms but I need to check with our bank, and merchant account provider.

hi, hope the auction goes well but not too well on the items I bid on.

With the attention this auction is getting how are you planning to screen bidders for creditworthiness?

Are you flying over? If so, the first pint's on me.

Unfortunatley not. Have to work