• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Turnaround Time?

77 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've got a few in the pipeline and was checking to see what kind of turnaround time I can expect? For instance, modern is 20 business days, estimate of course. But can be done in shorter/longer time. But how many days is average for the various tiers?

If this has been covered already, just point me in the right direction-

Steven

I have lots of orders in the pipeline also, what exacting do you have submitted? Modern? Economy? Did you pay extra for fast track, what day did they invoice your books.

Right now they are not to far behind with Modern graded, but the slabbing and getting them quality controlled and shipped is a 2-3 week wait.

I can tell you my last modern submission took 36 Business days ( Supposed to take 20). I don't know what the hold up was.

I have had books at CGC in the Economy tier since July 1st and they have not even been graded yet.

I recomend you NEVER use the Economy tier. Use the Economy express which is supposed to be 20 Business Days

Hi,

I submitted a batch of moderns and they were invoiced on July 20th. Ugh. The grades have been up for a couple of weeks but it hasn't moved past the "graded" status. So this is the 7th week now, or 30+ business days depending on holidays, conventions, etc...

Is this abnormal or part of the process of getting used to it all? I may have just waited till Chicago's Comic Con and paid the extra $9 or so a book. But no, I'm cheap like that.

I have lots of orders in the pipeline also, what exacting do you have submitted? Modern? Economy? Did you pay extra for fast track, what day did they invoice your books.

Right now they are not to far behind with Modern graded, but the slabbing and getting them quality controlled and shipped is a 2-3 week wait.

Looks to me like they're WAY behind on Moderns. The website was last updated on 08/28/09 (last Friday) and according to that they were shipping Moderns received on 06/29/09. More like 40 business days instead of 20. :P

I'm in the same boat, it's okay though, it's always like this at this time of year. It was worse last year if you ask me. The delay is just in encapsulation at this moment from what I've been told. At least the books are getting graded quickly, and I can see the grades.

As it stands all my Modern pre-screen books from late June & July (300) have all been graded. All my August books, including the ones received Monday, have been "Verified".

Thanks, I wasn't really sure if it was normal or not. I guess summer is the busy time then. I think the fastrack for modern is about the same as on site submission, and i was considering taking a trip to Pittsburgh to check out the show anyway...

CGC will not be grading on-site at the Pittsburgh show.

Thanks, I wasn't really sure if it was normal or not. I guess summer is the busy time then. I think the fastrack for modern is about the same as on site submission, and i was considering taking a trip to Pittsburgh to check out the show anyway...

CGC will not be grading on-site at the Pittsburgh show.

thanks for the heads up-

Looks to me like they're WAY behind on Moderns. The website was last updated on 08/28/09 (last Friday) and according to that they were shipping Moderns received on 06/29/09. More like 40 business days instead of 20. :P

CGC just updated the website this morning and the Modern tier changed from 06/29/09 to 07/29/09! They must really be hauling arse lately. :applause:

My 18 signature series books from WW Chicago aren't that far away now. (thumbs u

CGC just updated the website this morning and the Modern tier changed from 06/29/09 to 07/29/09! They must really be hauling arse lately. :applause:

My 18 signature series books from WW Chicago aren't that far away now. (thumbs u

Changed to "Scheduled for Grading" today! :banana:

i only use EXPRESS and turn time is 5 days.....always. :applause:

sadly that seems the only way to get your books on time...doesn't seem fair to me but i guess you can do that when you're the only player in the game

So, am I understanding CGC's submission chart correctly? As of 9/2/09, they were showing Value and Economy "Ship Status" as 5/20/09. I take it that means books received and verified on 5/20 are now being shipped out?

That's getting pretty close to double their estimated turn around times. I know they specifically say that turn around times are an estimate and are not guaranteed, but is this about average for them? Are some times of the year (like before the convention season gears up) closer to "on time"?