• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 2 in CGC Certified 9.8 white Thursday night on PedigreeComics.com!!

20 posts in this topic

You read it right. We just got in on consignment a KILLER NM/M 9.8 copy of Avengers 2 with WHITE PAGES. Tied (with the Curator copy) as the top certified and finest known example. Look for it in the New Arrivals section Thursday night at the very best Silver and Bronze Age Marvel consignment and auction Web site in the free world (www.PedigreeComics.com).

Thanks to all you forumites for your support and patronage!

Doug

sold for $70k.

Wow. I'm shocked.

:o

really?? sarcasm meter on the fritz here. and i should have added- congrats to: doug, the seller and the buyer.

Why really?

Have you ever seen a 2nd ish of anything sell for high 5 figures?

(shrug)

It just struck me as a strong price.

sold for $70k.

Wow. I'm shocked.

really?? sarcasm meter on the fritz here. and i should have added- congrats to: doug, the seller and the buyer.

Why really?

(shrug)

i wasn't sure if you thought it was an outrageous price or not- i've become somewhat jaded to jaw dropping prices given what's taken place time and again lately.

sold for $70k.

Wow. I'm shocked.

Why really?

(shrug)

i wasn't sure if you thought it was an outrageous price or not- i've become somewhat jaded to jaw dropping prices given what's taken place time and again lately.

The only thing ever outrageous about any comic selling for a high price is when I'm not the seller.

lol

Late to the thread!

Awesome book!

Is that the right pic in the link above?

Avengers 2 for 70k?? this doesn't make any sense. There are 2/9.8 and 2/9.6

and I'm sure there will be more. Also when the person has this resubbed someday

it may fall in grade. How can someone have 70k and spend it on an Avengers 2, you have to be insane.

why on earth would someone resub this book?

it may fall in grade. How can someone have 70k and spend it on an Avengers 2, you have to be insane.

according to CGC after X amount of years, you need to re-slab a book. I should

have said re-slab, a book has the chance to indur damage from being slabbed. A Hulk 181 9.8 slabbed was placed in a fire proof safe and in 6 months had rusty staples.

according to CGC after X amount of years, you need to re-slab a book. I should

have said re-slab, a book has the chance to indur damage from being slabbed. A Hulk 181 9.8 slabbed was placed in a fire proof safe and in 6 months had rusty staples.

cgc hasn't tested the micro chamber paper's effectiveness past 7 years - so they have recommended getting the book reholdered ($11) past that point. Most feel this is unnecessary and most do not send books in for reholders unless the case is cracked, etc... CGC is not supposed to regrade the book unless the inner well is damaged or there is some reason to question the original grade.

I don't think the Hulk 181 got damaged because it was in a slab...probably poor storage temperature/humidy made the fire proof safe a sauna