• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your favorite Neal Adams covers

155 posts in this topic

Neal Adams is by far my favorite comic artist and while the majority of his covers are dead-on magnificent, some are just "ehh" nothin' special and, frankly, could have been done by any artist...

bat220.jpg

bat225.jpg

bat231.jpg

bat240.jpg

det392.jpg

det396.jpg

det416.jpg

det418.jpg

det419.jpg

Others, I think, are over-Giordano-ized. What I mean is that D. Giordano's inks (while nearly always the perfect match for Neal's pencils) at times overpower Adam's trademark detailing, thus tamping it down. Perhaps Neal's pencils being "looser" at times and tighter at others accounts for this...

bat230.jpg

bat235.jpg

det398.jpg

det401.jpg

det402.jpg

det417.jpg

some are just "ehh" nothin' special and, frankly, could have been done by any artist...

I feel that way about Batman #200, it's cool being an anniversary issue, but I don't think it is some of his better art. There is no "moodiness" that you get with his best Batman covers.

200-5.jpg

There is no "moodiness" that you get with his best Batman covers.

Oh, there's "moodiness" alright....it's just that Batman is in a "good mood!"

One more thing. I know this thread is supposed to be for favorite Adams' covers, and I want very much to like this one, but I just can't get past the mis-matched eyes of Wonder Woman!! And another "Batman in a good mood" pose. What is this...The Super Friends? I mean, I know the guy can't be intense and foreboding all of the time, but it does kind of go with the territory. Another Giordano ink job. I wonder what the original pencils look like.

100pss06.jpg

There is no "moodiness" that you get with his best Batman covers.

I know this thread is supposed to be for favorite Adams' covers, and I want very much to like this one, but I just can't get past the mis-matched eyes of Wonder Woman!!

Black Canary's vacant stare makes her look like she's been doing junk with Speedy

100pss06.jpg