• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Top Rated Seller!

34 posts in this topic

(edit: apologies in advance if you see this as a self-promotion thread - not my intent)

I just noticed that my listings have been tagged with a "Top Rated Seller" notation!

Take a look at the store listings down the bottom in this search.

Anyone else get this designation? I'll have to look into what I've done to get it!

I must say I like the way it looks and works. As long as it's not easy to get, it could give those of us who try very hard to perform well on eBay a bit of an edge. Of course, when I get a joker or two who blow up my ratings, I'll be singing another tune. :)

If you hover over the icon it says 'Get fast shipping and excellent service when you buy from top-rated sellers.'

Maybe you give fast shipping and an excellent service? :D

Are those glass or plastic?

They are glass. But don't buy them from me if you are in the US - buy them from user silverandbronze (the manufacturer/liscensee) directly at his website, www.toontumblers.com. If you are from out of the country then I'm your best bet.

I just noticed that my listings have been tagged with a "Top Rated Seller" notation!

When I click on this link I do not see what you are talking about. (shrug)

When I click on this link I do not see what you are talking about. (shrug)

If you scroll down to the store listings, you should see a "top rated seller" icon right next to (to the right of) the item title.

I'm still trying to figure out why I am NOT an eBay "Top Rated Seller". It seems to me that I meet all of the criteria to be designated as one. :sumo:

Could you link / post the criteria?

Here ya go:

New eBay Top-rated seller status: It's not sales volume that distinguishes quality of service. That's why, starting in October, a new PowerSeller status—eBay Top-rated seller—will highlight and reward those sellers creating the best buyer experiences.

eBay Top-rated sellers will earn top rewards: 20% fee discounts, exclusive promotion in search results for Fixed Price listings, exclusive ability to purchase Featured First, and a prominent Top-rated seller badge on their item pages.

PowerSellers of all levels, from Bronze to Titanium, can qualify as eBay Top-rated sellers if they have at least 100 transactions and $3,000 sales in the past year, and low DSRs (1s and 2s) on no more than 0.50% of all transactions with U.S. buyers on each of their 4 DSRs.

To ensure that lower-volume sellers (fewer than 400 annual transactions) can be included as Top-rated sellers, two instances of 1s or 2s on each of the four DSRs will be allowed before the 0.50% requirement is applied.

The time period over which a seller's low DSRs are evaluated will depend on sales volume: For sellers with 400 or more transactions over the past 3 months, it's 3 calendar months. For all other sellers, it's 12 calendar months.

Until April 2010, the current PowerSeller discount structure based on average 30-day DSRs will also continue: 20% for 4.9; 15% for 4.8; and 5% for 4.6. PowerSellers will continue to get those discounts through April 2010 as long as they continue to meet the 30-day DSR requirements. This gives PowerSellers eight full months to keep those discounts while they evaluate and adjust their business practices to meet the new requirements.

I'm still trying to figure out why I am NOT an eBay "Top Rated Seller". It seems to me that I meet all of the criteria to be designated as one. :sumo:

And I just figured out why I'm not included (at least for now). Over the past 12 months, I've apparently had 1.62% of my buyers give me 1 or 2 ratings on shipping time. The maximum allowed is 0.50%. :P

I don't see it either... but it's not October yet. You must have hit one of the eBay test server farms.

Amazon does the same thing with their beta testing. They'll do limited live testing before the official rollout.