• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ACTION #1 now on Comiclink

52 posts in this topic

What's the opinion of the price-tage $105K...reasonable or aggressive?

I think the one on comicconnect should bring maybe 50k-60k. Based on that, this one should be worth 55k-65k. 105k seems too high.

my "feeling" is that the entry point for virtually any action 1 today is $75K base (and up from there)...this same book sold via ebay just last year for $86K, so I don't think it has lost 20K+ of value since then, has it (shrug) ... and, it has the eye appeal of a much higher "number grade" copy, but one should always buy the book, not the # (especially on restored)

I would be suprised if the CC copy doesn't bring at least 75K, maybe more, but if it only goes for $50K then :banana: for me lol ...

Good luck Rick! I have seen the book several times in person. It's a nice-looking 5.0
sorry, no pony in this race for me (thumbs u
Just as well. It would be hard to win a race with just a pony. :insane:
how about a "super" horse
^^

Well if it is Rick's, I sure hope he wasn't trying to keep that info on the down low.
the book was displayed at my booth in SD this year (as it was the year before...so, you don't have to own a book to "have" it)... so I am very familiar with it... but if it makes anyone feel any better, I am a very active participant in the Comicconnect copy starting tomorrow (thumbs u

From Rick's table at SDCC:

37.jpg

Ok Im too lazy to call up CGC and Ive never had a clue nor am I going to try and guess how CGC grades restored books, how the heck is that only a 5.0 ?

I suspect the back isn't as nice. :gossip:

Ok Im too lazy to call up CGC and Ive never had a clue nor am I going to try and guess how CGC grades restored books, how the heck is that only a 5.0 ?

Actually, if you click on the Comiclink listing, the back cover is there and it's nice.

having had this book in hand (and since I am responding to PM's about it, might as well respond here too), and knowing one of the previous owners very well (after all, he let us display in our booth multiple times over the past 2 years), etc, the book certainly has the overall appearance of a 7.0 or higher... but, as with any book, cgc discounts for flaws... this book has a top to bottom reading crease visible on the inside cover at spine (I called for notes long ago), that you can't see from the outside...

it also has some little "things" here and there, but in hand, it is a great looking book (and, though extensive, NOT a franken book, probably one of those that is borderline mod to ext, but has just enough to get it to extensive)...

that said, we were offered $85K for it in SD, but wasn't enough to get the sale made (thumbs u

it is almost as nice... but, as I always say, "buy the book, not the number" (thumbs u

my guess is if this book was in a mylar, the "average" casual grader would say fn/vf or better (thumbs u

Having seen it in San Diego firsthand, it is a very nice looking copy. (thumbs u Hell, having a lower grade copy of Action 1 is like have a Lamborghini with a few miles and some scratches on the paint - who cares because it is still a Lamborghini.

Having seen it in San Diego firsthand, it is a very nice looking copy. (thumbs u Hell, having a lower grade copy of Action 1 is like have a Lamborghini with a few miles and some scratches on the paint - who cares because it is still a Lamborghini.

Is it like having Jennifer's Body?