• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay...FAIL!

532 posts in this topic

Plus all the ones that the mods were saving from riticule??? Mods please chime in.A great thread was adjusted for what? Was the bribe worth it? I dont post mutch but damn this is !!! In all seriousness can a mod explain whats up?!?!!!

my guess is that because pics of those guys started showing up [along with possible personal info], that's when a complaint likely got the midsection disemboweled.

if this thread will stay on track ie. just showing obvious books bought/sold as restored/unrestored, we might have a usable resource.

dig?

Most likely the reason B. THX and I would also ask the participants to observe this protocol. THX! :headbang:

my guess is that because pics of those guys started showing up [along with possible personal info], that's when a complaint likely got the midsection disemboweled.

if this thread will stay on track ie. just showing obvious books bought/sold as restored/unrestored, we might have a usable resource.

dig?

Most likely the reason B. THX and I would also ask the participants to observe this protocol. THX! :headbang:

I would also beseech Warren Oates and/or others to paste in the missing pages after this expunge minus the "offending" posts...once CGC has chimed in of course... :wishluck:

I would also beseech Warren Oates and/or others to paste in the missing pages after this expunge minus the "offending" posts...once CGC has chimed in of course... :wishluck:

I won't. Simply cause I think maybe others could be right, it might be why they axed the thread.

However I will provide to anybody that is scammed; all info that I have. Their names ages and where they are, pics of flipped books. Just PM me, I will send it to you from my email. So it will have nothing to do with the boards.

I just got got a pic of cdpaoli from the con he was at in CA, lol, he had on the craziest costume (I think so nobody would recognize him).

I did see the recent feedback of lexerific was negative, they said "google lexerific before you buy, showcase 22 came back 4.0 restored" So word was getting out nicely.

OH HAI I FOUND YOUR INTERNETS.

eBay...fail!

400+ posts are there, someone with more internet wizardry than myself, please cache these before they are properly deleted.

If I get a strike or bannination for this, so be it.

Does cgc hve a deal with e-bay? ( linkes from home page.............)I think so

CGC does have a deal with eBay, but I doubt this garbage with lexerific et al has anything to do with it.

CGC gets money for every clickthrough from here to eBay. That's why "rover" is is a spooned word.

Yeah, I'm probably gonna get a strike at the very least.

Does acdc have a deal with e-bay? ( links from home page.............)I think so

CGC does have a deal with eBay, but I doubt this garbage with lexerific et al has anything to do with it.

CGC gets money for every click through from here to eBay. That's why "rover" is is a spooned word.

Yeah, I'm probably gonna get a strike at the very least.

"... and on that day he became a legend..."

How can you tell who bought/won something on eBay?

i saw the St 135,and messaged the seller about watching out for the ebay id's trying to buy the plod,that they would crack and scam with it..

seller replied that "makemeanofferandwin" bought the x-men 4 yesterday,and one of the id's had sent an offer on the st135 tonight...

Pretty much sums it up.

Very good work, and that seller is decent enough to cooperate. I sent a similar message to an A-1 Comics about a book they sold which was then for sale out of the PLOD slab etc. That seller had already deleted the pictures and was no help to give eBay any heads up before another scam sale happened.

eBay has been of no use in slowing these guys down. Only people like us, thanks kryptospidey, can find any evidence to point to the problems. Maybe with some proof in hand eBay may do more. It's a big maybe but at least we are trying. Regards,

Very good work, and that seller is decent enough to cooperate. I sent a similar message to an A-1 Comics about a book they sold which was then for sale out of the PLOD slab etc. That seller had already deleted the pictures and was no help to give eBay any heads up before another scam sale happened.

eBay has been of no use in slowing these guys down. Only people like us, thanks kryptospidey, can find any evidence to point to the problems. Maybe with some proof in hand eBay may do more. It's a big maybe but at least we are trying. Regards,

Yea..well not sure the seller is going to not sell it to him,i explained the situation,and what he does is up to him...hard to convince someone to "not accept money" for something they are selling...even if it's for the better of Ebay,ect...i have a feeling seller kind of had a "it's not my problem" type of attitude...said something about "make as much money off the scammers" and "let Ebay deal with it/them if they try to resell,he will notify ebay it was his previous book sold"....but we all know what help Ebay is..NONE

Yes, I think only if eBay was notified before one of these books gets resold, would they realize we are telling them the truth. I think eBay looks at us as cooks for suggesting that there is a big difference in value between the way the books are being described. Keep at it.

Ebay thinks we cook alot? You mean kooks! :baiting: