• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay...FAIL!

532 posts in this topic

Everyone who has had issues or problems with paypal getting a refund, you should try your credit card company. They'll usually back you up.

That might be a good idea, if it was credit card purchase. Paypal tries it's best to get you to use direct bank transfer for transactions. And I think most are that way.

97.1% feedback? :roflmao: A great job being done by fee-Bay as usual.

If you scroll through his entire feedback (it doesn't take that long) there's a neg every so often. Each time his reply is that the the buyer was unfair and/or a liar (in one case he claims that the buyer is a "bad actor", and one should reference these very boards for proof lol ). And then there's also all the neutrals and even positives that remark about his err, loose grading standards, non-disclosure of resto and amateur packing ability.

Don't people bother to read the fb and figure out that this is a pony not worth backing?

they read it and bid accordingly.

"Bid Accordingly"? Err, no, the evidence proves otherwise.

In response to this post:

Why yes it's an FF1 bought from Gary Dolgoff, noted as having a trim. Notice the wrap of the book? See how "The" wraps into the spine, little doubt it's the same book. Goodness Narbeh bought that book, he probably removed the resto and sold it quick, all honest like.

He is looking to make a profit in a few hours on this book. The trimming isn't mention, but he did disclose that the cover was professionally cleaned. I guess shaving is part of the cleaning process?

Here is the link to this book:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fantastic-Four-1-1961-F-VF-7-0-Beauty-1st-App-/290467776795?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a13a891b

Did anybody compile a list of their handles all in one place within this thread?

The handles are

makemeanofferandwin

cdpaoli

lexerific

and

aram321 (private feedback...does the buying of primarily plod books so you can't trace the purchases)

Thanks! Somebody mentioned a flufy?

fluffy is a newcomer in Arizona (these guys are in So California) (I think back on like page 10) who is purchasing books from these guys and then scam-flipping them with similar ebay page design/photos/selling tactics etc. But as far as in league that is not known/ confirmed at this time...it's still here in these pages the references thereof...

(thumbs u

a forum member just PMed me this message that he received from narbeh:

Hi, thanks for your interest. I don't see any evidence of trimming at the top. Any reason why you think it's trimmed at the top? Thanks.

- lexerific

i guess ignorance is bliss. doh!:screwy::tonofbricks:

a forum member just PMed me this message that he received from narbeh:

Hi, thanks for your interest. I don't see any evidence of trimming at the top. Any reason why you think it's trimmed at the top? Thanks.

- lexerific

i guess ignorance is bliss. doh!:screwy::tonofbricks:

That would be from Alex. I guess he is right, the trimming is on the right edge.

This is a serious question, so forgive me if it reeks up ignorance but I have not had any experience with CGC page quality. These jokers are obviously lying thieves preying on those that are in the dark, so I do not really expect *any* sort of honesty in their listings, but what is the consensus of these being Off-White pages. If these are really considered off-white I have really been screwing myself in my sales descriptions. I have been listing PQ like that as cream, and even tan to cream. Could some of you with more hands-on knowledge enlighten me here? (shrug) Thanks!!

Hey there, Tom! :headbang:

Jeff

The handles are

makemeanofferandwin

cdpaoli

lexerific

and

aram321 (private feedback...does the buying of primarily plod books so you can't trace the purchases)

makemeanofferandwin is now selling books again on Ebay. Looks like just started a few weeks ago. For a long time, this was just a buying account, I think feedback built up enough so he can sell again. Just sold an ASM slabbed 4.0 with moderate amateur resto for 1,500. Would anybody pay that much for such a book??? I'll have to check gpa. Oddly if it's a sham sale it will now be part of GPA.

I see the FF#1 in 7.0 went for $2399 from lexerific. $1,000 in profit, but that sale price is a long way from guide value of a 7.0 ff#1 with no resto (what they had it listed as).

OK have a look at this one. Other then the fact it looks like it has a brand new cover. You guys pick it apart and tell me. Man this guys bad.

"Please note: The cover of this comic has been professionally cleaned. Other than that, this is an amazing super high-grade comic. "

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=290472739567&Category=32747&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2

Here's another one back up on seller cdpaoli's site...

http://cgi.ebay.com/X-Men-7-Super-High-Grade-NM-9-4-Vol-1-2nd-Blob-/220662829754?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33608792ba

Interesting that this book was originally purchases as a restored book from none other than robojo himself...we had this one up in the previous portion of the thread that was pulled and then cdpaoli pulled the book and has brought it back now as unrestored...tell-tale date mark on cover... :boo:

OK have a look at this one. Other then the fact it looks like it has a brand new cover. You guys pick it apart and tell me. Man this guys bad.

"Please note: The cover of this comic has been professionally cleaned. Other than that, this is an amazing super high-grade comic. "

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=290472739567&Category=32747&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2

Goodness.....look at the third picture of that X-Men #1, there is a half inch tear or so through the rope Beast is swinging on! VF/NM my !!