• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oh, a rant about an eBay seller. How trite.

373 posts in this topic

Do you think it's at all possible that he got your dad confused with another customer? Like maybe similar e-mail addresses or first names or something? This just doesn't seem like something that someone would 100% fabricate. Like maybe he thought he was talking to BaltimareLaurel's dad and not BaltimoreLauren's dad. See what I mean?

Good question, but dare I say my dad has a rather unique email address? I'm not sure of many American's with the name 'Roxette' in their email. But even if it was a case of mistaking identity, wouldn't the seller notice eventually?

Well if he seems to think that he has a deal struck with someone, then obviously he didn't just make it up unless he's been sitting around smoking dope for the last month non-stop.

Or at least I'd think he didn't just make it up. It's possible he saved your dad's e-mail address in a address book and mislabeled it. Like if you saved mine under Bob Jones you might just see Bob Jones in your address book instead of my e-mail address.

I'd still call him.

Call him to do what? Get in a shouting match over books he never asked for and doesn't want? There are times when it's best to let things go. This is one of those times. Nothing good would result from a phone call.

Do you think it's at all possible that he got your dad confused with another customer? Like maybe similar e-mail addresses or first names or something? This just doesn't seem like something that someone would 100% fabricate. Like maybe he thought he was talking to BaltimareLaurel's dad and not BaltimoreLauren's dad. See what I mean?

Good question, but dare I say my dad has a rather unique email address? I'm not sure of many American's with the name 'Roxette' in their email. But even if it was a case of mistaking identity, wouldn't the seller notice eventually?

Well if he seems to think that he has a deal struck with someone, then obviously he didn't just make it up unless he's been sitting around smoking dope for the last month non-stop.

Or at least I'd think he didn't just make it up. It's possible he saved your dad's e-mail address in a address book and mislabeled it. Like if you saved mine under Bob Jones you might just see Bob Jones in your address book instead of my e-mail address.

I'd still call him.

Again, he has sent emails to my dad in the past with lists of books before, and my dad has more than once said "I'm not looking for those books, but thank you for thinking of me." I can find no concrete evidence of my dad ever sending this guy a want list in his outbox.

I appreciate that you're trying to get both sides of the story and trying to see if there was a fault on our end (because it could be possible!) but frankly I don't know how clearer I can make this. All I'm finding is him sending us books he has for sale, and if we're interested.

As for everyone who knows who Roxette is: I have the look. My dad lost it when I was born. :cool:

Does he have the look?

lol

He should listen to his heart....

Well, I'm sure your dad is the only person who's ever had a problem with this seller.

Oh, wait: :whistle:

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=nuffsaidcollectibles&Dirn=Received+by&ref=home

The sad thing is that ebay's feedback numbers only reflect the past 12 months now. This guy's numbers should be horrible. Sellers like this have MUCH better numbers than they should because of this policy.

You will all lose this Roxette pun game. I have the look, I listen to my heart, whenever I call my boyfriend I always say 'Hello, you fool! I love you.', I dress for success, I constantly leave the winter on the ground when I walk inside, and Opportunity Nox for me constantly! lol

You will all lose this Roxette pun game. I have the look, I listen to my heart, whenever I call my boyfriend I always say 'Hello, you fool! I love you.', I dress for success, I constantly leave the winter on the ground when I walk inside, and Opportunity Nox for me constantly! lol

When you post like this...I think to myself "It must have been love"

When you post like this...I think to myself "It must have been love"

Was it good and how did you lose it?

Well, I'm sure your dad is the only person who's ever had a problem with this seller.

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=nuffsaidcollectibles&Dirn=Received+by&ref=home

The sad thing is that ebay's feedback numbers only reflect the past 12 months now. This guy's numbers should be horrible. Sellers like this have MUCH better numbers than they should because of this policy.

Sad, but true.

His profile is a mess. Clearly, the guy has issues. I was half expecting to find myself in that list, as I usually do, but oddly enough, I wasn't there this time. ;)

Oh, and I'm listening to "Listen to your heart" right now... :cloud9:

Roxette was Huh-UGE when I was in high school.

Heeeeeey, is it almost April Fool's Day again? Did Paratrooper send you those emails?

Hope your dad doesn't let it bother him too much, Some People Suck!

this is my fav:

Neutral feedback rating Took 17 days to post, no contact until chased. Otherwise good item. Buyer:

unreal52 ( 1033 [Feedback score is 1,000 to 4,999] )

Jun-30-08 10:29

Reply by nuffsaidcollectibles (Jul-03-08 14:43):

sorry,took a summer vacation for a week.did life change without futurama toys?

o

Follow-up by unreal52 (Jul-10-08 11:11):

Nice sales technique to belittle collectors of your merchandise - way to go!!

its mess like this that makes me never want to try ebay or any other online sales site, why would he cuss out your dad..i mean he was so clam and nice in his messages....what a shame

i'll stick to the forum and bedrock for my books

BL, I wonder who exactly wrote the email from Neat Stuff and if upper management knows that this turd is pulling stuff like this?

Any chance you have some insight?

Nuff Said not Neat Stuff :gossip:

Oops. Sorry about that. Brain fart...I just woke up from a nap.

:cloud9:

Will fix my post.

I hate to do this, but I find this kind of behavior very unacceptable, especially from a "well known seller". I only know about this since my dad called me about it very upset, and if it's one thing I can not tolerate, is my dad being upset. For those of you who don't know, my dad and I collect comics together. Some of you guys know him because my dad has bought off of here. I love my dad with all of my heart, and to see anyone treat him that was really tears me up on the inside.

My dad bought some ASM's from this guy in the past, I'd say the last time he got any was March? This exchange happened yesterday, and today:

"mark,

hey! ok the spideys are in......let me know thw #'s again of the following as i remember i had most of them graded for you.......give me the #'s needed and i'll give you grade and price...they graded really high!!

Regards,

Nuff Said Collectibles"

"Randy,

I am not currently buying any more Amazing Spiderman's, as I am concentrating my efforts in another direction.Thanks for thinking of me.

Mark"

"WHAT! YOU TOLD ME YOU WANTED THESE...SO I SENT THEM TO CGC TO BE GRADED FOR YOU! I HAD NO INTENTION ON DOING SO UNLESS YOU NEEDED THEM...YOU NEED TO STICK TO YOUR PROMISE....AS IS SPENT ALOT OF MONEY GRADING THEM ....FOR YOU!" You want my opinion? That was stupid. You should have contacted my dad before hand to see if he was even still collecting ASM's.

"I never commit to this type of thing without knowing what cost will be involved !You need to get better organized in your business and stop blaming others for your shortcomings.It is not right to try to intimidate me this way.You need to grow up.Do not bother me again!"

"you have some nerve!! i have only been nice to you. i have given you great books at great prices...and even held things for a period of time to allow you to pay at your convience. i have the email somewhere where you told me the books you wanted and were quite aware of the fact that i was sending them to cgc for YOU! don't worry,,not only will i never "botther" you again, but i will now send this entire story to all others that i know you have done business with. all i can say is you should be ashamed of yourself." No buddy, you haven't. I told my dad months ago to be careful around you.

"I do not have any idea what you are talking about.You have always charged me top dollar for the books you sold me.You have gotten a lot of money from me.You have always rushed me into paying more quickly than I wanted to and overpay for shipping with smaller orders.You have sent me books with old labels without telling me in advance, that I had to resubmit for reholder at more expense.You have not always been nice to me.This is a prime example.I never comitted to any books with you to send in to CGC WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT I WOULD PAY FOR THEM .To do so otherwise would not be economically feasible.Whatever email you fabricate is just that.

I still wish you best future success ."

"F**K OFF individual_without_enough_empathy..........YOU HAVE NOW BEEN BLOCKED FORM MY RECIEVEING ANY OF YOUR STUPID EMAILS....AND FROM EBAY AS WELL........"

That was his last reply. My dad called me pretty shaken up, and I can see why. You sir, should be ashamed of yourself! I would never, NEVER treat anyone that way, especially a customer! I feel bad for posting this, but I feel as though you guys should know.

So f#*&ing unprofessional of them :screwy:

BL, I wonder who exactly wrote the email from Neat Stuff and if upper management knows that this turd is pulling stuff like this?

Any chance you have some insight?

Nuff Said not Neat Stuff :gossip:

Oops. Sorry about that. Brain fart...I just woke up from a nap.

:cloud9:

Will fix my post.

What about the rest of them?

its mess like this that makes me never want to try ebay or any other online sales site, why would he cuss out your dad..i mean he was so clam and nice in his messages....what a shame

i'll stick to the forum and bedrock for my books

I hate clams in my e-mails....