• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Sellers ?

67 posts in this topic

Plus, there are a number of sellers here who don't ship abroad.

You're kidding, right? :o

Nope!

OK, I haven't ventured into the Marketplace in months, and it seems that things have gone to mess in the meantime. doh!

I cannot believe that anybody part of this community would be unwilling to ship outside of their precious ing shores. Un-ing-believable. meh

Hey I say let them be landlocked.

International sales make up about 30-40% of my sales some months in my ebay store. Most sellers are just too scared to do international. It takes awhile to master it.

I am more then happy to let other sellers continue to ship domestic only. Works great for those of us who ship overseas less competition.

Nope!

OK, I haven't ventured into the Marketplace in months, and it seems that things have gone to mess in the meantime. doh!

I cannot believe that anybody part of this community would be unwilling to ship outside of their precious ing shores. Un-ing-believable. meh

My comments are not meant as a criticism of anyone – I fully respect anybody’s right to ship where ever they choose. It was just a response to your statement Nick that the Marketplace here is a much better choice for buyers than on Ebay. In some ways it is but not in others.

thanks guys for the information, though I do buy on the marketplace often, I find ebay with deals, I can't find on the boards or people not willing to sell the books lol. Whats nice is that some of the ebay sellers ie daleroberts, would let you return the book if you are not satisfied. Ill be updating the thread soon for list.

Nope!

Some even state they want 3% more than asking if you want to pay them immediately by paypal rather than make them wait weeks to get and cash a cheque or money order. :o

Nope!

Some even state they want 3% more than asking if you want to pay them immediately by paypal rather than make them wait weeks to get and cash a cheque or money order. :o

True, and I'm happy to ignore their sales threads.

Nope!

I know I shouldn't post anything and I don't want to offend anyone

and I really hope that's slightly exaggerated about the amount of

our sellers that don't ship abroad. Some of the nicest guys and

many pretty cool members are from Europe, Asia and Australia

and to not include them isn't really what this board is all about IMO. :(

I know some buyers are very thoughtful and will automatically add

3% for paying with paypal. I haven't spent alot of time in the MarketPlace

lately and is that true about more sellers asking for three percent

if the buyer wants to use paypal? (shrug)

I can understand someone doing that if they are selling a big dollar

book and they've invested alot of money into a HG Key SA book

or a HG GA book. The other books on a community site where

there are no selling fees and little risk of getting burned, maybe

some people are too focused on making every cent possible.

It's supposed to be fun and our UK contingent and members

from other countries make the boards more interesting and

in many cases good for many laughs. (thumbs u

I know I shouldn't post anything and I don't want to offend anyone and I really hope that's slightly exaggerated about the amount of our sellers that don't ship abroad. Some of the nicest guys and many pretty cool members are from Europe, Asia and Australia and to not include them isn't really what this board is all about IMO. :(

Hey Fay! :hi:

I think you've hit the nail on the head here. Ignoring the question about just how difficult is it to send a parcel abroad :screwy: , this is supposed to be a community and I don't find this sort of attitude very community-minded.

It's also somewhat ironic that, although this is an international board, viewed across the globe, there are a few (and I truly hope that it's only a few) with a slight touch of xenophobia. Don't get me wrong, there are hundreds of cool dudes and dudettes around these parts...some of whom will offer to take in a book for you and ship it onwards (worship) ...but there are also some who simply aren't sure where other countries are on the map, and don't want to know.

And when it comes to payment/Paypal, don't get me started. I list everything in USD as this saves all the questions regarding 'what is that in real money' and also gives my colonial cousins a greater sense of comfort. However, this means that not only do I lose 4% on fees, but I also get hammered on a terrible exchange rate which accounts for an additional 3% compared to bank rates. :cry:

I've shipped to the UK, Canada, and Australia and would so so again in a heartbeat.

However, under no circumstances will I ship to Brazil and possibly South America in general. I've been burned before and I've heard horror stories from others as well, especially with regards to Brazil.

Hey guys, been reading the forums about ebay sellers and other threads, as a newb comic book collector (getting back into the game since i was wee little lol), is there a list of ebay people that need to be avoided from buying from (such as grading to high, or scam artist)? or people recommend?

Thanks

Chris

yeah, avoid this person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed

And when it comes to payment/Paypal, don't get me started. I list everything in USD as this saves all the questions regarding 'what is that in real money' and also gives my colonial cousins a greater sense of comfort. However, this means that not only do I lose 4% on fees, but I also get hammered on a terrible exchange rate which accounts for an additional 3% compared to bank rates. :cry:

Nail. On. Head.

It really took me by surprise the first time I made a sale in $ just how much Paypal took off me in total to convert into sterling. I'll still stick to selling in $ though as it just seems the easiest way to do it. Plus I don't mark up the 3% or 4% to cover my arse (thumbs u

Hey guys, been reading the forums about ebay sellers and other threads, as a newb comic book collector (getting back into the game since i was wee little lol), is there a list of ebay people that need to be avoided from buying from (such as grading to high, or scam artist)? or people recommend?

Thanks

Chris

yeah, avoid this person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed

ROFL

WTTB, Chris!

A word of advice...

eBay is an utter -shoot and your chances of getting what you paid for are about the same as your chances of getting ripped off.

Can I suggest that you actually spend your money here in the Marketplace? There's probably enough offered to bankrupt you anyway, and your chances of receiving something you're happy with will be vastly increased! (thumbs u

A bit harsh Nick. I sell on Ebay and I'm as trustworthy as you are ever likely to find.

There is always loads of great stuff in the marketplace in here but sometimes shipping can be a factor when you are buying from the UK.

So, whereas I can understand the intent of your original statement I do believe there are a number of well known sellers who can be trusted on Ebay.

(thumbs u

Nick, you know I adore you, but although I have not listed anything recently ...I consider myself an

"Ebay" Seller...and I have pretty darned good feedback, even if you could go back 10 years. The board is wonderful, but no safer than anywhere else, you need to use common sense, and I've been skipping the sellers asking for 3%...One of whom, keeps posting some books I'd like, but I think it's not very community like.

Nail. On. Head.

It really took me by surprise the first time I made a sale in $ just how much Paypal took off me in total to convert into sterling. I'll still stick to selling in $ though as it just seems the easiest way to do it. Plus I don't mark up the 3% or 4% to cover my arse (thumbs u

:roflmao: "Real Money" :roflmao:

No one really said that did they?

Nail. On. Head.

I've had it a few times. Sometimes, it's obviously tongue-in-cheek. Other times, not so much. :eek:

Nail. On. Head.

I've had it a few times. Sometimes, it's obviously tongue-in-cheek. Other times, not so much. :eek:

Pound notes have that funny shape and all those colors and pictures...who would ever think it's real money! :roflmao: