• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Albedo Volume 1, NR2

201 posts in this topic

So that means you will put it on a comic auction site so I can we can all bid for it and get a true value of what one would go for compared to the prices in OSPG... ;)

Nope, that would make it too easy. There are 49 other copies out there to find. How long could it take to find another one????

To turn the topic a bit, awhile back there had been some posts about Albedo #0 "Yellow" and speculation that it was simply a printing error. Thanks to these boards, I finally obtained a copy of that book after searching for a copy for almost 25 years. In comparing it to the regular White edition, there is a slight size difference in the book (similar to the different printings of Turtles #1 & 2) which tells me it was actually a different print run altogether and not a printing error as some have speculated.

Anyway, I thought Albedo collectors would want to know as, with only 50 copies in existence, the Albedo #0 "Yellow" is as scarce and even harder to find than Gobbledygooks #1 & 2 (an 40 times as scarce as the Albedo #2).

perhaps yours is trimmed?

I'm being serious here - IIRC the "error" story is not speculation, its the official story, as published by the publisher himself. The nature of the variant/error was described in an editorial on one of the thoughts and images books. I want to say command review #1 or #2, but its there in one of those editorials somewhere.

Or perhaps yours is a little atypical in size... or perhaps the "regular" white edition you are comparing to is not a first white edition?

Whatever the case, the official published word is pretty clear, I am 99.99% sure.

The yellow 0 is actually wider than the regular white by a few milimeters. And no, the other white isn't trimmed. It's CGCd blue label and I had two copies at one point - both were the same size.

I do remember the history of the books being printed in Command Review. I remember him saying that he didn't like the way the yellow wash was being printed so he printed the remainder the run without it. But, to accommodate that, I'd imagine they had to stop the presses and re-set for printing removing the yellow plate. That isn't exactly what I consider a "printing error." It wasn't like some of the white versions had yellow patches on them and some didn't. It was an intentional change to the way the book was being printed.

So, there are some notable diffferences in each of the "first printing" Albedo O's:

1) White with Yellow - Slightly wider (50 copies)

2) Regular white - 50 cent cover price (450 copies)

3) Blue - $1.50 cover price (500 copies)

Now without a second Yellow version, it's hard to confirm that all versions are wider - I just have the one to go by.

I assume they are all considered first printings because they were all printed around the same time and were for sale at the same time? I never quite understood why they weren't considered different printings.

I'm not sure I still have the records, but I privately sold a CGC 9.0 Albedo #2 for $1200 or so. It was definitely the top of the market. :acclaim:

Was that mine..?

If so, nice margin. :)

No, it was one of the two copies that I had purchased in the late 80s, so even nicer margin. :cloud9:

The LCS here has a CGC 9.6 Albedo #2 priced at $1,200. They just had a 50% off sale for Black Friday so it could have been picked up at half price. I haven't been in there yet to see if it is gone.

I would have picked that up for $600 in a heartbeat.

The LCS here has a CGC 9.6 Albedo #2 priced at $1,200. They just had a 50% off sale for Black Friday so it could have been picked up at half price. I haven't been in there yet to see if it is gone.

I would have picked that up for $600 in a heartbeat.

That is what I was thinking. Unfortunately, I didn't have it at that time. I'm hoping they do another sale right before Christmas or shortly afterwards (if it is still there).

:baiting: If not then hook a brother up. :takeit: for $600 :banana:

Where did you say you lived again? :baiting:

Dan

Too late. Someone picked it up. I was at the store today and it was gone. I assume it sold during the sale. :pullhair:

Where did you say you lived again? :baiting:

Dan

Too late. Someone picked it up. I was at the store today and it was gone. I assume it sold during the sale. :pullhair:

:applause:

Someone is going to be a very happy Usagi fan.

Hulkfan,

You got to one of the same local shops as I do. It wasnt gone last time I was in there and its a cash only book or at least it says it. I should have bought the dumb when it was raw they wanted around $200 with a 25% discount.