• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Showcase 22 in cgc 6.5

48 posts in this topic

The Showcase 22 frenzy continues. It's now even going for almost as much dough as Showcase 4. :o Does anyone have any ideas what triggered this? A few years ago you could barely get 1/2 guide for a SC 22.....now this? (shrug)

I think the GL movie that is coming out in a few years...

The Showcase 22 frenzy continues. It's now even going for almost as much dough as Showcase 4. :o Does anyone have any ideas what triggered this? A few years ago you could barely get 1/2 guide for a SC 22.....now this? (shrug)

Ahhhhh. The 'ol movie hype. Yep, then it's a GREAT time to be selling! Wish I had hung onto my 2 copies a few years ago!!! :cry:

Ahhhhh. The 'ol movie hype. Yep, then it's a GREAT time to be selling! Wish I had hung onto my 2 copies a few years ago!!! :cry:

Forget the movie hype, I say it's the CGC message boards hype! Y'all have certainly got me jonesin' for a copy now...

ok folks...let the book run through the weekend on the board...figured this book (at my asking price) needs more exposure, so will leave boardie only offer through today, then tomorrow will starting exploring other avenues...

now, given that those other avenues will cost me about 10-15% or so in fees, most can figure out what my bottom line on the book is if anyone is inclinded to take a run at it (thumbs u

Looks like the copy I had my eye on ebay for awhile, quite recently! Great price it was, you have done well as they graded it a FN and I thought it was a bit under that and CGC thought it was better if it is the same book!

was it those folks in colorado?

Not sure, they had it on for quite a while with a buy it now, they have quite a lot of feedback and sell quite a lot. Looks like the same book as that strong stress above the top staple kept making me um and argh on it. I thought it was a nice VG/FN, they said FN. :(

herc

ok folks...let the book run through the weekend on the board...figured this book (at my asking price) needs more exposure, so will leave boardie only offer through today, then tomorrow will starting exploring other avenues...

now, given that those other avenues will cost me about 10-15% or so in fees, most can figure out what my bottom line on the book is if anyone is inclinded to take a run at it (thumbs u

So, using the board discount multiplier, and dividing by two, that makes your bottom line $3500 then? :baiting:

So, using the board discount multiplier, and dividing by two, that makes your bottom line $3500 then? :baiting:

$3500? :takeit: for that! But..........wouldn´t that make around 3k though?

Even better! 3k it is!