• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the top ten silver keys if we started a portfolio?

114 posts in this topic

Lois Lane 1

Showcase 9

Jimmy Olsen 1

Brave & the Bold 28

Adventure Comics 247

X-Men 1

AF 15

Amazing Spider-man 1

FF 1

Hulk 1

No particular order.

Short term filpping I'd add Showcase 22

:grin: (thumbs u

Andrew

Here are currently my favorite SA keys which I feel pretty good about there long term $ potential. Not all uber high $ either.. (I left out AF#15..come on now. Time for something different)

Showcase 22

Journey into mystery 83

Journey into mystery 85

Brave and the bold 28

Action 242

Green lantern 7

Avengers 4

Tales of suspense 97

Spiderman 101

Fantastic four 1

4006751014_8190b633af_b.jpg

Avengers 4 is one of my favorites. I like it better than Strange Tales and Tales to Astonish but I think Tales of Suspense 39 should be catching up.

Amazing fantasy 15

Amazing Spiderman 1

Fantastic Four 1

Showcase 4

Showcase 8

Hulk 1

X-men 1

Fantastic Four 4 rounds out my list.

I like Antman and have TOA 1, 27 and 35 but I think these other books are probably higher priced now and will stay that way.

By the way, how would you grade my Avengers 4?

In my experience, FF #3 is consistently white hot in anything above VG/FN. That and #5 are just so tough to find in mid grade or higher and you really don't see multiples of them in that shape for sale at the same time.

To me, FF #3 and #5 definitely have the farthest to grow (percentage wise) in the next 5 years.

That said, my "portfolio" would be:

AF 15

Showcase 4

FF 1

Hulk 1

FF 3

ASM 1

JIM 83

Showcase 22

FF 5

TOS 39 (although this one is the one I am most skeptical of, I could very easily be talked into X-Men 1, FF 12, ASM 14 or BB 28 here).

Several Avengers books outside of the keys have had extreme prices.

So is there a reason Avengers #1 doesn't make most peoples list? It is not an easy book to find in HG.

For me, Avengers 1 is sort of the "fake" key.

I think 4, and to an extent, 16, overshadow it (btw, want to talk about a hard book to find in HG, 16 is up there too, and with a classic cover, too).

Plus, most lists are leaving off keys like X-Men 1, Brave and the Bold 28, Showcase 22 etc and I think it's hard to argue for Avengers 1 over those.