• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What was your FIRST ever CGC?

49 posts in this topic

Mine was Batman Returns 4 (8.0) SS - But it was Miller's personal copy, which was what attracted me to buying it... I didn't know what CGC even was before that. (I'll post a picture soon)

Post up your first CGC's if you remember what they were.

(Sorry if this thread has been done before)

It's crazy how much you learn, huh.

I couldn't understand why mine was an 8.0, but now when I look at it, it makes complete sense.

ASM 29 CGC 7.0

Book looked supa-nice through the slab. At the time I figured CGC was crazy strict in their grading.

I'm really happy guys, I cracked my FIRST slab open when I got it (months ago), to get it framed (was a crazy thing to do, thinking back - but I didn't understand what CGC 'really' was then).

BUT... I just dug up the empty casing from under my bed when I made this post to check the grade because I had forgot what it was, and there it was... A stinking green label! lol

I know it's legit, because the seller I bought it from has sold me a lot of things since then, and is a great guy, but now I don't feel so guilty for having opened my first CGC...

I will post the picture of it framed tomorrow - It looks really great!

My first CGC was an SS signed by JB! :banana:

Picture0224.jpg