• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watchmen Ultimate Cut
1 1

45 posts in this topic

I wonder why they had to monkey around with the iconic cover? Ah well, $42 is definitely sounding better than $60 .. about $18 better actually .. weird how that works ..

:)

It just shows how greedy the other stores are!

$5 or $10 markup for store costs and employees etc. etc.

anything above that is PURE GREED...

$18 markup??? COME ON!

:P

Just got a message from Amazon saying this item's delivery has been delayed until the end of the month. It dropped to $39.99 shortly, but rose back and has stayed at $41.99 (the price I ordered it for) until I just check this morning and it's now at only $34.99! (that's hella cheap for all you get in 4 Blu-Ray discs) Amazon has a pre-order price guarantee, so I should get it for the lowest price. Site shows it's release date has only moved from the 4th to the 10th though.

I like the director's cut, but I think splicing in The Black Freighter will weigh the movie down. I don't need a 25 minute allegory of the movie that I'm already watching.

rantrant Agree. I enjoyed the film quite a bit, but mixing low-quality animation in with vibrant live-action film sounds like a formula for some truly crappy montage.

I like the director's cut, but I think splicing in The Black Freighter will weigh the movie down. I don't need a 25 minute allegory of the movie that I'm already watching.

rantrant Agree. I enjoyed the film quite a bit, but mixing low-quality animation in with vibrant live-action film sounds like a formula for some truly crappy montage.

crappy montage :cloud9:

I finally watched the movie. It was the directors cut on regular DVD. It took me 4 nights to watch it because I kept falling asleep. Not that it was horrible, just that it seemed rather slow.

yeah director`s cut to me wasn`t as good as the version I seen in the movies.

the directors cut is very long. grab a cup of coffee

yeah director`s cut to me wasn`t as good as the version I seen in the movies.

Why's that, just because of the length? I enjoyed the additional scene where Nite Owl I was killed, as well as the scene where Nite Owl II beat up the random gang member who was sitting nearby when he heard the news.

This was released yesterday according to Amazon, price now that it's not pre-order jumped. I cancelled my order because I'll just pick it up at Walmart for less. It's $28.86 now online, but out of stock. Hopefully it's at the store and for the same price? Anyone know if the prices are the same for online as in the store for Walmart?

This was released yesterday according to Amazon, price now that it's not pre-order jumped. I cancelled my order because I'll just pick it up at Walmart for less. It's $28.86 now online, but out of stock. Hopefully it's at the store and for the same price? Anyone know if the prices are the same for online as in the store for Walmart?

If not I can just buy it online, no need o be in a rush wen you can save sweet money.

(thumbs u

If not I can just buy it online, no need o be in a rush wen you can save sweet money.

(thumbs u

Won't let you order it, says it's out of stock.

(thumbs u

well if that's the case I can always netflix it and wait til I buy one online.

No need to be in a rush.

:cloud9:

(thumbs u

No need to be in a rush.

Netflix doesn't carry it. They only have the original cut of Watchmen and the Black Freighter DVD

(thumbs u

No need to be in a rush.

Netflix doesn't carry it. They only have the original cut of Watchmen and the Black Freighter DVD

well, anyway I can wait.

(thumbs u

I went to the local Walmart this morning on the way to work, they didn't have them and didn't get any in yesterday. After talking with two employees (too much work to look, I guess), the third one was helpful. Looked online and showed that only certain stores that stock it (odd how it states to see at store for details on which stores carry it, guess you go and if they don't have it you know that store doesn't carry it), but that you can order it online and even though it showed out of stock on the screen it had the add to cart button to order it. Said I could go online at home and order it, but it doesn't let you order it when not at Walmart I guess via website.

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)