• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beware "makemeanofferandwin" on ebay. Here's my short story...

87 posts in this topic

You got a refund and even some shipping...a neg seems fairly harsh.

You could just have easily noted that he knowingly sells resto comics as unresto with a neutral.

+1 Trust me, I feel your pain. The whole experience is disheartening but I would

not have left a negative either.

wrong...neg the out of the scum bag

I agree, if you are buying restored, cracking and selling as unrestored, I think a neg is the only option. If the boards had not produced a history of him doing this on purpose, I would give a positive for the return policy.

You could just have easily noted that he knowingly sells resto comics as unresto with a neutral.

+1 Trust me, I feel your pain. The whole experience is disheartening but I would

YES SIR KS..These people who do this should get negatives.A neutral is almost like a "its ok" feedback..

Its NOT OK for this kind of stuff and a negative was well deserved IMO

YES SIR KS..These people who do this should get negatives.A neutral is almost like a "its ok" feedback..

Its NOT OK for this kind of stuff and a negative was well deserved IMO

Ditto. If the guy knows the books are restored, and tries to sell them as unrestored, then a negative is warranted. It's the only way people are made aware and avoid getting victimized.

Bob, this is not some guy that sold a restored book as unrestored by mistake or a guy that overgraded a book. There are other threads with links to CGC graded books he bought from Clink and elsewhere and links to his auctions of the same books on Ebay. The grades are bumped up and the restoration is not disclosed. This guy paying the bills by ripping collectors off and I suspect every big $$ book he has sold is overgraded and/or restored. Like Robojo, to keep his feedback positive makemeanofferandloseyournutsac happily refunds when a buyer complains.

Buyers need to neg. this guy, neg. his cat, neg his momma, neg his toothbrush 'cause buyers are still buying his books.

He is also aware of the CGC boards and this thread. Wonder why he doesn't come on here to tell his side. hm

He is also aware of the CGC boards and this thread. Wonder why he doesn't come on here to tell his side. hm

Now that probably wouldn't be thread of the year material, but it would be a damn good one.

Come out, come out wherever you are :baiting:

Bob, this is not some guy that sold a restored book as unrestored by mistake or a guy that overgraded a book. There are other threads with links to CGC graded books he bought from Clink and elsewhere and links to his auctions of the same books on Ebay. The grades are bumped up and the restoration is not disclosed. This guy paying the bills by ripping collectors off and I suspect every big $$ book he has sold is overgraded and/or restored. Like Robojo, to keep his feedback positive makemeanofferandloseyournutsac happily refunds when a buyer complains.

Buyers need to neg. this guy, neg. his cat, neg his momma, neg his toothbrush 'cause buyers are still buying his books.

:roflmao: (thumbs u

If someone willfully robs a store and then apologizes and returns the money only after he's caught...shouldn't he still be prosecuted for theft?

100% agree. This guy is a scam artist, that is only getting away with this by reselling the same over and over and over until he finds himself a sucker that doesn't know they've been scammed. I've seen him sell the SAME book 5 times! (How do I know? ummmm.... I was one of the 5 and it was pretty easy to recognize, once you'd had it in hand...)

If someone willfully robs a store and then apologizes and returns the money only after he's caught...shouldn't he still be prosecuted for theft?

Everyone deserves a second chance! :baiting:

I like that.Neg his tootbrush lol

well, I too bought a book from this guy and even though he stated it has minor restoration (small color touch), when it arrived, it was a horror show of tear seals, color touches, trimming, etc...

lt was a cheap buy and I basically threw it in the box and didn't bother to return it. Lesson learned and he is out. Thank god I discovered this forum and joined right after and read up about this scammer.

yes, he or she should.

my wife has a dental practice and the receptionist stole money. We caught her, she denied it at first until we called the cop. She hastily decided to return the money and begged for forgiveness but it was too late. The detective charged her with grand theft. She was on probation for 2 years and has a criminal record and any employers that want to do a background check will never give her a job that touches cash.

If we didn't throw the book at her, she will do it again...not that she won't but then it is the next employer's fault for not running a background check on her.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^

Message from ebay......

Dear Bruno,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your report of "makemeanofferandwin " who has bid and won your auction to retaliate on teh Feedback you have left them.

We're concerned about policy violations on eBay, and we count on members like you to help us uncover possible problems. In this case, we thoroughly looked into your report about <>.

While we can't give you the details of our investigation due to privacy concerns, what we can tell is that the member you reported is currently not registered on eBay. I hope this reassures you that your account information will remain private.

Please note that when members are suspended, we remove any neutral or negative Feedback left by those members.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^

Message from ebay......

Dear Bruno,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your report of "makemeanofferandwin " who has bid and won your auction to retaliate on teh Feedback you have left them.

We're concerned about policy violations on eBay, and we count on members like you to help us uncover possible problems. In this case, we thoroughly looked into your report about <>.

While we can't give you the details of our investigation due to privacy concerns, what we can tell is that the member you reported is currently not registered on eBay. I hope this reassures you that your account information will remain private.

Please note that when members are suspended, we remove any neutral or negative Feedback left by those members.

:applause:

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^

Message from ebay......

Dear Bruno,

:banana:

...The grades are bumped up and the restoration is not disclosed. This guy paying the bills by ripping collectors off ...

No need, you just covered all the relevant details.

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

:golfclap:

See? Sometimes eBay does do the right thing!

Yes they do.

Paypal and Ebay have been on my side a couple of times now and have ruled in my favour.

I just wonder how long he will be suspended for and how long will it take to move his for sale books to his other accounts?

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

:golfclap:

See? Sometimes eBay does do the right thing!

I find this bitter-sweet. Sure the guys a d-bag and deserves every fom of punishment imaginable, but at least I knew to avoid makemeanofferandlose.

Now he will pop up again under a new user ID, and while I know he will be outed again eventually, I am exactly his target mark: budget-conscious silver key collector, old-school grading skills and without much experience spotting resto.

Oh well, at least with a new ID he'll have to start over on building up feedback...

He refunded your money and you still negged him?

No offense, but regardless of what the guy's history is, you're a for negging him.

He was wrong for doing what he did, but two wrongs don't make a right.

If you came on here telling how you sold a guy a book that was trimmed, he caught it and wanted a refund, you gave it, then he negged YOU, everyone here would have pitchforks chasing him down.

Sorry, that was just my take on the transaction. 2c

Yeah, this wasn't clear to me either. No reason to NEG him if he refunded you in FULL, but you still had to PAY for some of the s&h, which isn't right. Therefore a NEG seems justified to me.

Thanks for outing him!