• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #1 scam alert!!!!!

11 posts in this topic

It is a reprint. It is a famous first edition and the outer cover has been torn off. The inside cover is what you see in the picture. The ads are reprints as well. I sent an email to the seller as such so we will see where this goes.

Gee... with the outer cover taken off it should go for, hmmm... $ 1.75 ? grin.gif

I bent the front cover back so I could frame mine (everyone has seen the pic and don’t want to be a dork by posting it again). It makes a wonderful decor piece.

Ill just restate my disbelief that anyone could think this was the original comic. Obvious bells would have to go off even within the most ignorant seller.

This auction already ended last week with one bidder (reserve not met). I decided after the auction was over to send an E-mail to the bidder warning him that it was likely a treasury addition and to ask the seller for the book's measurements since I saw the auction had already been relisted. I never heard anything back from the bidder, but shortly after I sent the E-mail, the re-listed auction was switched to a private one.. leading me to believe the bidder receieved my E-mail and then reported it to the seller. Ahwell, taught me an important lesson about trying to help others smile.gif If a reprint worth $1.75 can get $17,000 I'm tempted to put my copy up for sale on eBay this weekend and see what happens when a real one goes up for sale smile.gif

"leading me to believe the bidder receieved my E-mail and then reported it to the seller"

OR, the bidder you tried to help WAS the seller.

The inside cover is too glossy which is proof enough for me it's a Treasury edition.

This auction already ended last week with one bidder (reserve not met). I decided after the auction was over to send an E-mail to the bidder warning him that it was likely a treasury addition and to ask the seller for the book's measurements since I saw the auction had already been relisted. I never heard anything back from the bidder, but shortly after I sent the E-mail, the re-listed auction was switched to a private one.. leading me to believe the bidder receieved my E-mail and then reported it to the seller. Ahwell, taught me an important lesson about trying to help others smile.gif If a reprint worth $1.75 can get $17,000 I'm tempted to put my copy up for sale on eBay this weekend and see what happens when a real one goes up for sale smile.gif

How did you email the bidder this auction was a Private auction did the last on not have a private? If not the seller must have gotten word you emailed the bidder(or the seller had someone bid on it) and must have decided to go the private route this time.The insufficiently_thoughtful_persons on ebay continue to grow by the day.

This little insufficiently_thoughtful_person makes me laugh. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif To post such a stupid auction makes me wonder of the education these kids are getting in schools nowdays.

Speaking of education, here is how your post should have been written: "This little insufficiently_thoughtful_person makes me laugh. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif To post such a stupid auction makes me wonder about the education these kids are getting in schools nowadays.