• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Contest--with Prize!

390 posts in this topic

:pullhair: I'm just seeing this thread for the first time!!! I really would have liked to play. :sorry:

Hey Toro, I'll offer up my slot for you if it's OK with Steve. :foryou:

One of you can still play for fun and "bragging rights"...just send the other person your grades and that person can keep them until the results and you can see how you did and come back after the grades are posted and let everyone know how you scored...or NOT if you picked crappy... :baiting:

:pullhair: I'm just seeing this thread for the first time!!! I really would have liked to play. :sorry:

Hey Toro, I'll offer up my slot for you if it's OK with Steve. :foryou:

It's OK with me :)

Sure, let's do it. (thumbs u I can "play along at home" anyhow. Toro's a good guy and a great grader, so happy to give him a shot.

dang....I'm blind...too many archies....please sell me the one I mentioned :lol:

You're not really helping your case :baiting:

:lol: you know I don't discriminate in my collecting....archies are very welcome

Thank you Jon!!! I really appreciate it! Hopefully I won't embaress myself in this contest!

I think enough of us will do that, like me, so you will not be out of place if it happens that way.

Steve

You should put in your grades as well...pick out one of the board members you know best and send him your picks this week and we'll see how you do with your own books...are you game? :headbang:

I've already made my guesses (I always do before sending in books to CGC). Once everyone's grades are in I will post all the grades in this thread (thumbs u

Steve

You should put in your grades as well...pick out one of the board members you know best and send him your picks this week and we'll see how you do with your own books...are you game? :headbang:

And if Steve wins we can send him a prize.

That would be cheating. I have an advantage in that I can see interior flaws, PQ and know which books will (hopefully) get a pedigree bump (there's a Church, two Crippens, a Curator, a Bethlehem and a Cape Cod--brownie points to anyone who wants to try to guess which book is which pedigree).

Steve

And if Steve wins we can send him a prize.

That would be cheating. I have an advantage in that I can see interior flaws, PQ and know which books will (hopefully) get a pedigree bump (there's a Church, two Crippens, a Curator, a Bethlehem and a Cape Cod--brownie points to anyone who wants to try to guess which book is which pedigree).

List your guesses anyway, even if you don't want them to count.

If you "win" we could still do something for ya and the second place guy still gets the prize.

hm

Grades so far

01. Boozad (thumbs u

02. almoe (thumbs u

03. Speedy-D (thumbs u

04. sniderwj (thumbs u

05. comicdey (thumbs u

06. flatrock02 (thumbs u

07. 14_of_spades (thumbs u

08. BlowUpTheMoon

09. Norrin_Radd

10. Aces (thumbs u

11. universal_soldier (thumbs u

12. c-mack (thumbs u

13. toro

14. Elijah_Snow

15. thirdgreenham

16. Scrooge

17. Timmay (thumbs u

18. TWK (thumbs u

19. Snake_Eyes

20. topofthetotem (thumbs u

21. mrwoogieman

22. rjpb (thumbs u

23. Cimm (thumbs u

24. tigers_comics (thumbs u

25. genrlzod

26. byosti (thumbs u

27. thehumantorch

28. Theagenes (thumbs u

29. FUELMAN (thumbs u

30. comicdonna

31. BillS25

32. frankbearss

33. WEBHEAD

34. cheetah

35. podboy66

36. Mio (thumbs u

37. Palamas

38. FlyingDonut

39. pinball

40. oakman29 (thumbs u

41. trmoore54 (thumbs u

42. Sal (thumbs u

43. catrick339 (thumbs u

Glad to see I'm not the only one that owes grades. I'm going to sit down over the weekend sometime and get 'er done.

I also like the degree of difficulty presented with these books, no counting spine ticks and pondering between 9.2-9.6 for these bad boys! I predict lots of variation in grades sent in on many of these books.

Thanks for running this contest! ^^

I also like the degree of difficulty presented with these books, no counting spine ticks and pondering between 9.2-9.6 for these bad boys! I predict lots of variation in grades sent in on many of these books.

That was one of the things I was trying to acheive with the books I picked (I submitted 33, so we can actually have another contest...). We see so many HG SA and BA books that I think the low to mid grade and GA books tend to get overlooked in terms of grading skills.

Oh, and there's one book with grades ranging from 1.0 to 7.5 :insane: