• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis now has a gallery of scans....

80 posts in this topic

Not having scans online was a detraction of their site, but it looks like they are rectifying this situation. Still looks like they are getting some bugs out, but a great move in the right direction. Good work, boys!

In the latest http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com John Snyder expects a funny book to sell for over $1 mil soon. Could the pedigree All Star 3 actually sell & break that barrier? flowerred.gif

Actually, he said that theoretically a 9.6 copy of Action 1, Tec 27, Supes 1 or Marvel Comics 1 would bring 7 figures, but as for his expectations for 2004, he was referring to a piece of original comic art, not a published comic book.

Gene

The story has circulated that the Dentist has had offers above a million for years now for the Church Action1. And I dont thnk too many o fus find that unbelievable. But since they will have to pry it out ofhis cold dead fingers before he sells it, the question would be "Which OTHER comic" could and will sell for that much?" Perhaps the Allentown Detective 27 - - but - alas - the Dentist owns that too!!

sigh...

Besides the Action #1 MH (he wants $5 Million for it, BTW) and the Detective #27 Allentown, there are only 2 other books that would sell for 7 figures today.

Marvel Comics #1 MH

All-American Comics #16 MH

Both books owned by same individual! Lucky SOB! 893whatthe.gif

Timely

I've heard from someone "in the know" that the Action #1 has been color touched. I would hope that's not the case.

We've thrown that around a few times here on the boards...I believe Fishler came out and claimed once that it definitely wasn't color touched. confused-smiley-013.gif

I've heard from someone "in the know" that the Action #1 has been color touched. I would hope that's not the case.

We've thrown that around a few times here on the boards...I believe Fishler came out and claimed once that it definitely wasn't color touched. confused-smiley-013.gif

Yes he did and gave his opinion that CGC would grade it a 9.2!

Besides the Action #1 MH (he wants $5 Million for it, BTW) and the Detective #27 Allentown, there are only 2 other books that would sell for 7 figures today.

Marvel Comics #1 MH

All-American Comics #16 MH

Where did you here 5mil? Also are you sure there's no other books and or

copies of Action 1 that aren't in the same league?

Yes he did and gave his opinion that CGC would grade it a 9.2!

Here's a hypothetical question to any and all. Let's say the Action 1 would grade out at 9.4 unrestored. Let's also say it is the finest copy on the planet with no other 9.4 books to match it. Now say you are a BSD with $6 million as your personal fortune. How many of you would pay the $5 million price, if that is indeed what the asking price was, to own the book?

I'll start. I would. To own this culturally significant piece of history with it being the very finest in existence would be the pinnacle of collecting. I would also suspect that if I chose to sell it later I wouldn't suffer a loss even after paying $5 million for it initially. There would probably be others who would pay big bucks to own "the best." And if anyone disagrees then I'd suggest reading this:

web page

I'll be interested in seeing what other board members say. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey guys, they have a Pep #22 in VG/FN for 9 large. Don't you guys think this book is a tad overgraded? Note the fading, the spine roll, and the wear on the right edge. Looks more like a VG or VG+ at best.

Thoughts?

After further inspection, Metropolis has just done a gallery of scan requests. There's FIVE books in this gallery that I requested scans for, including the Top-Notch #10 and Zip #3 and #14. Still, a good idea though...