• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would be your offer on this $800 Gem???

42 posts in this topic

another thing is that in auction's description it is labeled as "Near Mint"...

when is an 8.0 NM??? Does it magically become NM after Stan's Sig???

I believe this is the case where he laid the book on a table

next to an Andes after dinner mint...

lol

Well... technically, 8.0 is closer to Mint than say, 4.0, so you could say that an 8.0 is near mint whereas a 4.0 is further from mint. But that's really stretching it a bit.

Well... technically, 8.0 is closer to Mint than say, 4.0, so you could say that an 8.0 is near mint whereas a 4.0 is further from mint. But that's really stretching it a bit.

Had the comics industry not already affixed a specific and widely-accepted meaning to the term "near mint," that reasoning would work. But we've already claimed "near mint" for a specific grade definition, so using "near" to mean "somewhere in the general vicinity" of mint doesn't work. :tonofbricks:

ok this boy is smoking some serious *spoon*

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=386285799&albumId=1511177&page=1

check out the prices of these CGC books on his site.... :roflmao:

Action 252 CGC 3.5 $9,000.00

X-Men 1 6.0 CGC $60,000.00

TOS 39 CGC 2.0 $7,000.00

:screwy:

The guy must be insane.

ok this boy is smoking some serious *spoon*

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=386285799&albumId=1511177&page=1

check out the prices of these CGC books on his site.... :roflmao:

Action 252 CGC 3.5 $9,000.00

X-Men 1 6.0 CGC $60,000.00

TOS 39 CGC 2.0 $7,000.00

:screwy:

DUDE That is just insane :insane::screwy:

Stating the obvious, why get that book in that grade signed? Crazy!!

This particular reprint was one in a 24-part series that was distributed in certain Sunday-edition newspapers around the country, and none of them came out in anything close to true NM. I'd think if one of these made it in 9.0 condition, it is the exception to the rule. I know, as I saw hundreds of these things as the weeks went by.

-slym

Stating the obvious, why get that book in that grade signed? Crazy!!

This particular reprint was one in a 24-part series that was distributed in certain Sunday-edition newspapers around the country, and none of them came out in anything close to true NM. I'd think if one of these made it in 9.0 condition, it is the exception to the rule. I know, as I saw hundreds of these things as the weeks went by.

-slym

Oh, there is a NM+ but that one is $1000 :insane:

86764.jpg.6bae8106e958f6f2228a06872c1a5944.jpg

lol

I actually did list mine for 1,000,000.00 on ecrater as a joke and forgot about it. One day I actually received an automated response from ecrater saying the book has been bought and that the seller was paying with a money order... :insane:

Damn that mail...it's taking forever ;)